REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.3

on 4/9/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up orange flip after reading so many reviews and watching youtube. I love the color, on my pigmented lips it shows up as a nice bright orange/red. The packaging is a nice solid plastic my biggest issue with this is the scent and taste; so many commented on how it reminded them of their moms or grandmothers, well, my mom didn't wear anything that smelled like this so there isn't any nostalgia here for me and I am pretty sensitive to scents - my husband said I smelled like old lady and wouldn't kiss me. There is also a strange taste, in the end this was the color is I wanted but could not get over the scent and had to return it.The color is so pretty and it has nice texture, if you can find it on sale it's not a bad price...I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this. If you are like me and want a nice orange/red you could give Mac Morange or Bite in Zinfendel a try, they are a little more pricey but no funky scent or taste.

on 4/9/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I heard of this lipstick through a recent news article about how orange lipstick is the new trend. Orange Flip was one of the lipsticks the article mentioned. It is awesome! The shade complements my warm undertones very well. The texture is very creamy and the color just pops. I'm thinking about trying MAC's Morange to compare, but Revlon's Orange Flip is a wonderful and affordable way to achieve the orange lipstick fad. I hope this shade stays after that fad is gone. In fact, I don't see it as a fad. Orange lips is a great alternative to the classical red lipstick, just like nudes and pinks!

on 2/14/2012 10:09:00 AM

I don't know why I even bother with NARS, OCD or Lipstick Queen. Orange Flip has all of them beat and at a fraction of the price. On me, a vivid red/orange that looks more like a stain than a lipstick once you blot your lips. This is really the only orange lipstick you need.