REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by hair type : Curly
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.3

on 6/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: Wet 'n Wild Purty Persimmon is a more pigmented matte dupe of this, I've already swatched them on my hand and lips. Sorry for no pics, but take my word on it.

I look so bright and happy with this lipstick, so much better than any red I've tried. This is the 'red lip' effect/look I've always wanted to be able to pull off, even if it's from an orange. Red looks so clownish and is hard for me to pull off unless it's very sheer. I guess I've always wanted orange lips then, lol. For color combinations, I pair this with Wet N Wild Brulee, a matte brown crease shade, and light peach-coral blush :) Easy and trust me, you will just look so happy and radiant.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the bold but not too bold lip I've been looking for! Never would have tried it if not for this orange lipstick trend. I have light to medium skin with some olive tones to it, brunette hair, brown/green eyes - if you have this coloring run & get this lipstick today. I have lips on the full side & a red lip on me is just soooooo red. This is a bold but wearable shade. I don't care for the smell but for such a great look (perfect balance to my tortoise glasses when I wear them) & comfortable creme formulation I will forgive & try to forget the grandma smell.

on 8/29/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Orange Flip was the first Moondrops Lipstick I've ever owned, though upon opening the tube, I found the scent to be incredibly familiar. Ah, nostalgia. I believe my mother used to have a few of these back in the 90's when they were more available and much, much more easy to find. Anyway, I'd describe this color as being an orange with just the tiniest hint of red- not the other way around. I ended up with this while hunting down my idyllic red-orange - one that straddled both worlds equally and was stunningly vibrant. While Orange Flip is stunningly vibrant, I find that like the name suggests, it is much more of a popsicle type shade of orange than red-orange. A pinch of red is there and does give Orange Flip a very juicy and fun twist, there's not enough of it for it to be *exactly* what I was looking for.
Overall, the formula is great. This might warrant a few gasps but I think I like the Moondrops formula much more than the Super Lustrous lipsticks. The Moondrops formula is slightly more thick, creamy and opaque. It's not as slick and doesn't streak as much. Unfortunately, I can see the heavily perfumed smell of the Moondrops formula just not sitting well with some people. I've noticed that it never completely dissipates and though I always remove my lipstick before eating, I can imagine the smell of the lipstick and some foods or drinks clashing and being highly unpleasant to some people. It doesn't bother me to the point where I dislike wearing this lipstick and I like the fact that Revlon has remained true to it's oldest formulas but Moondrops would definitely have more fans if it was removed altogether. I also still prefer it to the way L'Oreal lipsticks smell, strangely enough.
While Orange Flip wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it's a great lipstick for anyone aching to try out the orange craze that's been going on lately. I also think it's probably much more fun than Revlon's other famous orange (Siren) which is almost an apricot on some people. I'm looking forward to continuing my search for the ultimate red-orange. Perhaps Moondrops' Hot Coral is what I'm after?