REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

Filtered by hair type : Straight
REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.1

on 2/6/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is gorgous. But I can not stand the taste of it. Yuck. Just make me want to puke.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What's particularly great about this lipstick is that it is sheer and also buildable. I like bright lipcolors but a lipstick like NARS heat wave I would only wear at night. This is a perfect bright daytime lipstick, because it's creamy and sheer (although you can add layers to make it brighter). Like most revlon lipsticks it has a plastic smell and taste, and like creamy lipsticks, it's not very longlasting. But, it's easy to wear and cheap. Be warned though, this lipstick oxidizes VERY pink. So it sort of alternates between an orange and a hot pink.

on 4/9/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up orange flip after reading so many reviews and watching youtube. I love the color, on my pigmented lips it shows up as a nice bright orange/red. The packaging is a nice solid plastic my biggest issue with this is the scent and taste; so many commented on how it reminded them of their moms or grandmothers, well, my mom didn't wear anything that smelled like this so there isn't any nostalgia here for me and I am pretty sensitive to scents - my husband said I smelled like old lady and wouldn't kiss me. There is also a strange taste, in the end this was the color is I wanted but could not get over the scent and had to return it.The color is so pretty and it has nice texture, if you can find it on sale it's not a bad price...I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this. If you are like me and want a nice orange/red you could give Mac Morange or Bite in Zinfendel a try, they are a little more pricey but no funky scent or taste.

on 3/2/2012 4:18:00 AM

This lipstick is SUCH a classic. The color is oddly flattering, although you are truly getting ORANGE. Not red-orange, or coral, or pinkish-orange. Nope, it's orange! I love it. I love the smell of these lipsticks, the packaging, everything. They've been around forever, and I remember my great-grandmother wearing them, although her favorite shade was a frosty pink color. My aunt, on the other hand, rocked this color for decades, apparently, and I remember being very young and watching her apply it. She looked amazing in it with her bright blue eyes that became brighter as soon as she put this on, and it made her skin look like porcelain. I have a different skin-tone but I like to think I look as nice as she did! It seems to bring out the green in my eyes and shows off the warmth of my coloring. I think of my aunt and grandma every time I put this on and it makes me smile, something about the smell just brings back so much nostalgia for me.

Here in Australia, this lipstick comes in a beautiful old fashioned gold tube. The lipstick smells vaguely of violets, which is really nice in an old-fashioned sort of way; the smell and packaging remind me of the type of make-up my mother used to wear in the early 1980s. This is really beautiful packaging for something you can buy at the drug store, I really like the packaging. In Australia, this lipstick costs around $25, but that is still $10 less than a MAC lipstick here (we get robbed here, everything is so expensive for no reason -- actually, it's because of the stupid import tax, which also raises the price of locally made cosmetics because of competition).

Now on to the lipstick itself. The colour is pretty much a dead ringer for MAC "Morange". But the wear of the lipstick is longer -- it leaves a stain when it wears off -- the texture is creamier, and the sharp slanted shape of the lipstick in the tube is useful for lining your lips. I have almost no complaints about this beautiful, fiercely bright, extremely pigmented, orange-red. It fulfills all of my retro quirks when I'm feeling retro quirky.

The only problem with "Orange Flip" is that I'm Asian and when I get tanned, I tan orange and then turn brown and then peel... well not really brown, more like the colour of woodland mushrooms. This basically means that in the dead of winter, my skin is very pale with a slight green undertone. Now that I've made myself sound like some sort of space creature, what I'm trying to say is that I have an olive undertone that (most of the time) leans towards the cool side of the skin colour spectrum. "Orange Flip" makes me look really, really green. I have to wear this lipstick with quite a bit of make up in order to make it work. It's not like NARS "All Night Long", a purpley-rose gloss, that I can simply throw on with no concealor or blush and waltz out the door in the morning.

"Orange Flip" is a fussy colour, so if you're olive-skinned, you might want to see if you can pick it up when you have cupons so that you don't spend too much money. This tube of lipstick will probably last me a long time because I'm not going to use it often. But I will be eagerly investigating other lipsticks in this line.

on 10/8/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick because it brings my NC20 skin to life. It is very bright, very beautiful orange red that looks good with classic cat eyeliner. I have already bought again and will continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is very similar to Macs lady danger but with luster. No blue tone in it whatso ever, which I love about it. Looks good on my warm sun tanned toasted skin (nc35). What I do is blot it once I have it on and then add NYX lip gloss in apricot. It looks awesome! Think orange red jelly lips. I like it, will be wearing this soon with some retro looks.

on 2/28/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been craving bright lipsticks lately and I have purchased several revlons that I just love, this being one of them. This is part of the moon drops line with the green tube and this looks like a color that grace kelly would have worn with pride. It's been around since the 50's and I love the retro feel of this shade. It's a bright coral-orange and even though it's orange, it doesn't look garish or cheap. It brightens up my NC15-20 skin and makes me look vibrant. This smells exactly like Pond's cold creme and I could do without that but it's not a deal-breaker in the least. If you're looking for a bright spring-summer shade try this, it's affordable and lovely.

on 10/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Revlon Orange Flip l/s is an old favorite since about 20 years. I've
repurchased many times. It's great against golden tanned skin in summer,
especially with white cotton clothes. If you do the 4 seasons color typing,
Orange Flip is a MUST for the autumn coloring's core repertoire, along with
Revlon's Sandalwood Beige, Toast of NY, Bali Brown, Coffee Bean, Cocoa Bean,
Amber Ablaze, Chocolate Velvet.