REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.7

on 12/18/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is AMAZING. The color is bold and beautiful, but I can put this on in less than a minute--no need to prep my lips, reach for lip liner, or factor in time for clean-up. The formula is creamy and moisturizing. Of all my lipsticks, this is the one that most lends itself to daily wear.

Plus I get compliments pretty much every time I wear this lipstick--it's absolutely fantastic on pale skinned, dark-eyed girls.

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.

on 3/2/2012 4:18:00 AM

This lipstick is SUCH a classic. The color is oddly flattering, although you are truly getting ORANGE. Not red-orange, or coral, or pinkish-orange. Nope, it's orange! I love it. I love the smell of these lipsticks, the packaging, everything. They've been around forever, and I remember my great-grandmother wearing them, although her favorite shade was a frosty pink color. My aunt, on the other hand, rocked this color for decades, apparently, and I remember being very young and watching her apply it. She looked amazing in it with her bright blue eyes that became brighter as soon as she put this on, and it made her skin look like porcelain. I have a different skin-tone but I like to think I look as nice as she did! It seems to bring out the green in my eyes and shows off the warmth of my coloring. I think of my aunt and grandma every time I put this on and it makes me smile, something about the smell just brings back so much nostalgia for me.

My best friend recommended this lipstick to me when I went on a tangerine/coral kick. Her Mimi's friend has worn it for decades and used to send my friend to the store to get it for her. I am in love. It has a very unique smell that is WONDERFUL to me, although I'm sure it's not universally loved. It smells so powdery...like powdered violets, or some other type of white flower. I love the green tube, and the overall quality of the lipstick is beautiful. A couple of years ago, I never would have gone for anything "orangey" at all, but now I'm more open minded about potential lip colors. This is more red on me than tangerine, but man it's beautiful, and I'll be wearing it at my best friend's wedding this coming weekend! Wing!

on 4/27/2011 10:56:00 AM

What a great find! I never would have found this or bought it if not for MUA. I know orange is the big trend right now for summer and I never, ever thought that I could rock the color (I'm NW15), but thanks to this awesome lipstick, I can! It is a gorgeous bright and vivid orange that I think most ladies could rock, I also find that it's a bit less harsh than red and thus easier to wear during the day, as well as something special to use at night. Application is a dream, goes on smooth, creamy and evenly; I didn't even need a lip brush. Wear time is great and it doesn't feather on me. This is not drying at all unlike many other vivid colored lipsticks (such as the Revlon Mattes or many MAC lipsticks that I have tried). The smell is a tad strong, but it reminds me of my grandmother and great-aunt (in a good way! For me it brings back my earliest memories of having fun with makeup). The smell also wears off quickly. Packaging is cute, I dig the green and gold. Price is slightly high for a drug store lipstick, but the quality is wonderful. I wear this with some winged black liquid liner and a soft peachy-pink cream blush. Just gorgeous and I wil definitely be checking out more from the Moondrops line. I would totally buy this again.

on 4/22/2011 9:35:00 PM

Add me to the list of glowing reviews here, thanks to everyone's input I took a chance on a color I never ever wear...orange! I am a plum, red lover, the bluer tones, and wow! What a fun change to do orange. I have gotten quite a few compliments too. This is a cheery rich burst of laughter on the lips. The formula stays put, although it is a little dry, but so worth it.
Minus one for the taste.
Try it, if you are on the fence, you may be surprised.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This lipstick is more than a lipstick to me. It's pure nostalgia. My grandmother used to wear this exact shade of lipstick. It was literally all she wore. Not only is it special for that reason, but it is just beautiful. Very vibrant, fun, and flattering on my warm, fair skin. I will always have this in my arsenal!

on 4/11/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading several online reviews, I was expecting this lipstick to be, if not a true orange, then at least orange-ish on my lips. Instead, it's a deep coral (though my lips may just be unusually pink). Regardless, this is a beautiful lipstick that I anticipate wearing often. Red lipstick strikes me as a little harsh or costumey for everyday wear, but Orange Flip is a beautifully wearable almost-red - a nice blend of red, orange, and pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This spring, orange is the new red. Actually, I think it's better than red: playfully seductive, flattering, and it doesn't take itself so seriously. And, as Frank Sinatra said, "Orange is the happiest color" (orange was the Chairman's favorite).

I have worn Revlon's Orange Flip off and on since the late 1970s. I had to grow into it. Once each decade, I'd experiment with it, always drawn to the color (and the fun name) -- the insouciance of it, the panache of it, the retro joie de vivre of it. Orange says, "I love color" like nothing else. And I do.

This spring of the Orange Lip, with me being (finally) confident enough to "own" an orange lip, Orange Flip and I are star crossed. I am absolutely loving this classic Revlon beauty and its classic Revlon packaging and its reasonable Revlon price.

BTW, I cannot -- but cannot -- wear red. Lord knows I've tried... and makeup artists galaxywide agree with me (embarrassing moments those were). But for some lovely reason, this bright, comely Orange Flip suits my pale skin to perfection.

A bit of Revlon history: Revlon started out as a nail polish company in 1932, adding lipsticks in 1940. I read a 2011 post on another site that stated the poster's 88-year-old mother had worn Orange Flip since the age of 18... which would make delicious Orange Flip one of the original Revlon colors. This fits: Orange was indeed a popular lip color for both day and evening in the '40s (think of the song, "Tangerine," from that time).

Take a walk on the wild side... you may just love it! Top it with a pale pink gloss for extra verve if the velvety matte look takes some easing into.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Another great orange from Revlon! This one looks kind of scary in the tube, but it looks so great on. For reference, I'm very fair with yellow undertones (NC15 in MAC), and this really brightens up my face. Even at full-strength, it doesn't look too bright or garish. However, if you're nervous about wearing this, it blots down into a gorgeous stain. This has a really nice formula and that familiar Moon Drops fragrance - I don't find the scent to be offensive though, and I don't even notice it after a few minutes.