REVLON Orange Flip

REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

I was stuck on Revlon Fire and Ice for a long time and needed a break so I switched to Sandalwood Beige and I thought well that's sort of orange maybe I'll try Orange Flip again. I love it. I now think this is my most flattering color and I get more complements even from my doctor. It's real bright orangey red and it always made me think of the roof of a Howard Johnson's but it works. It makes my eyes look really blue and my fair skin look healthy so blondes can wear this shade. It's retro and artsy and way more casual than red. I really like the creamy formula. The perfumey flavor can be exhausting but you get used to it. I've settled on this being my shade just like my mother in law although I never liked it on her. To bad moondrops has been discontinued. I have to order it on line now.

on 12/18/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is AMAZING. The color is bold and beautiful, but I can put this on in less than a minute--no need to prep my lips, reach for lip liner, or factor in time for clean-up. The formula is creamy and moisturizing. Of all my lipsticks, this is the one that most lends itself to daily wear.

Plus I get compliments pretty much every time I wear this lipstick--it's absolutely fantastic on pale skinned, dark-eyed girls.

on 5/5/2013 4:09:00 AM

This color is STUNNING. So pretty. Its a bright orange/red, with a creamy moisturizing finish. Its sort of similar to mac ruby woo, but a little more orange and much less drying. It looks fabulous with my fair skin, blue eyes and light blond hair. When I wear this I like to wear minimal eye shadow with winged eyeliner, it looks so chic and modern. Highly recommend!

on 3/12/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Orange Flip is a color my Mom has been wearing since the 80's but I never really experimented with it myself until recently because I wasn't sure if I could pull it off the way she can....I gotta say I absolutely loved it!!!! If you are looking for a bright orange-red lip color look no further!!!! The color is to die for (which I already knew) but it's also very wearable even if you think you can't do orangey reds...the formulation is creamy and lasts all day!!! The color really brings your face to life and brightens you up!!! I gotta hand it to Mom on this one....she knows what's up!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the bold but not too bold lip I've been looking for! Never would have tried it if not for this orange lipstick trend. I have light to medium skin with some olive tones to it, brunette hair, brown/green eyes - if you have this coloring run & get this lipstick today. I have lips on the full side & a red lip on me is just soooooo red. This is a bold but wearable shade. I don't care for the smell but for such a great look (perfect balance to my tortoise glasses when I wear them) & comfortable creme formulation I will forgive & try to forget the grandma smell.

on 4/9/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I heard of this lipstick through a recent news article about how orange lipstick is the new trend. Orange Flip was one of the lipsticks the article mentioned. It is awesome! The shade complements my warm undertones very well. The texture is very creamy and the color just pops. I'm thinking about trying MAC's Morange to compare, but Revlon's Orange Flip is a wonderful and affordable way to achieve the orange lipstick fad. I hope this shade stays after that fad is gone. In fact, I don't see it as a fad. Orange lips is a great alternative to the classical red lipstick, just like nudes and pinks!

on 3/2/2012 4:18:00 AM

This lipstick is SUCH a classic. The color is oddly flattering, although you are truly getting ORANGE. Not red-orange, or coral, or pinkish-orange. Nope, it's orange! I love it. I love the smell of these lipsticks, the packaging, everything. They've been around forever, and I remember my great-grandmother wearing them, although her favorite shade was a frosty pink color. My aunt, on the other hand, rocked this color for decades, apparently, and I remember being very young and watching her apply it. She looked amazing in it with her bright blue eyes that became brighter as soon as she put this on, and it made her skin look like porcelain. I have a different skin-tone but I like to think I look as nice as she did! It seems to bring out the green in my eyes and shows off the warmth of my coloring. I think of my aunt and grandma every time I put this on and it makes me smile, something about the smell just brings back so much nostalgia for me.

on 2/14/2012 10:09:00 AM

I don't know why I even bother with NARS, OCD or Lipstick Queen. Orange Flip has all of them beat and at a fraction of the price. On me, a vivid red/orange that looks more like a stain than a lipstick once you blot your lips. This is really the only orange lipstick you need.

on 10/8/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick because it brings my NC20 skin to life. It is very bright, very beautiful orange red that looks good with classic cat eyeliner. I have already bought again and will continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is very similar to Macs lady danger but with luster. No blue tone in it whatso ever, which I love about it. Looks good on my warm sun tanned toasted skin (nc35). What I do is blot it once I have it on and then add NYX lip gloss in apricot. It looks awesome! Think orange red jelly lips. I like it, will be wearing this soon with some retro looks.