REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

Filtered by skin type : Dry
REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

Oh my God! YES. This is my new favorite lipstick. Strong, bright, orange.. it looks very old fashion. I love putting tangerine lip gloss over it! This is great if your into the bold. I get nice comments when I wear it.

on 10/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Revlon Orange Flip l/s is an old favorite since about 20 years. I've
repurchased many times. It's great against golden tanned skin in summer,
especially with white cotton clothes. If you do the 4 seasons color typing,
Orange Flip is a MUST for the autumn coloring's core repertoire, along with
Revlon's Sandalwood Beige, Toast of NY, Bali Brown, Coffee Bean, Cocoa Bean,
Amber Ablaze, Chocolate Velvet.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Another great orange from Revlon! This one looks kind of scary in the tube, but it looks so great on. For reference, I'm very fair with yellow undertones (NC15 in MAC), and this really brightens up my face. Even at full-strength, it doesn't look too bright or garish. However, if you're nervous about wearing this, it blots down into a gorgeous stain. This has a really nice formula and that familiar Moon Drops fragrance - I don't find the scent to be offensive though, and I don't even notice it after a few minutes.

on 2/28/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been craving bright lipsticks lately and I have purchased several revlons that I just love, this being one of them. This is part of the moon drops line with the green tube and this looks like a color that grace kelly would have worn with pride. It's been around since the 50's and I love the retro feel of this shade. It's a bright coral-orange and even though it's orange, it doesn't look garish or cheap. It brightens up my NC15-20 skin and makes me look vibrant. This smells exactly like Pond's cold creme and I could do without that but it's not a deal-breaker in the least. If you're looking for a bright spring-summer shade try this, it's affordable and lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This spring, orange is the new red. Actually, I think it's better than red: playfully seductive, flattering, and it doesn't take itself so seriously. And, as Frank Sinatra said, "Orange is the happiest color" (orange was the Chairman's favorite).

I have worn Revlon's Orange Flip off and on since the late 1970s. I had to grow into it. Once each decade, I'd experiment with it, always drawn to the color (and the fun name) -- the insouciance of it, the panache of it, the retro joie de vivre of it. Orange says, "I love color" like nothing else. And I do.

This spring of the Orange Lip, with me being (finally) confident enough to "own" an orange lip, Orange Flip and I are star crossed. I am absolutely loving this classic Revlon beauty and its classic Revlon packaging and its reasonable Revlon price.

BTW, I cannot -- but cannot -- wear red. Lord knows I've tried... and makeup artists galaxywide agree with me (embarrassing moments those were). But for some lovely reason, this bright, comely Orange Flip suits my pale skin to perfection.

A bit of Revlon history: Revlon started out as a nail polish company in 1932, adding lipsticks in 1940. I read a 2011 post on another site that stated the poster's 88-year-old mother had worn Orange Flip since the age of 18... which would make delicious Orange Flip one of the original Revlon colors. This fits: Orange was indeed a popular lip color for both day and evening in the '40s (think of the song, "Tangerine," from that time).

Take a walk on the wild side... you may just love it! Top it with a pale pink gloss for extra verve if the velvety matte look takes some easing into.

on 4/11/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading several online reviews, I was expecting this lipstick to be, if not a true orange, then at least orange-ish on my lips. Instead, it's a deep coral (though my lips may just be unusually pink). Regardless, this is a beautiful lipstick that I anticipate wearing often. Red lipstick strikes me as a little harsh or costumey for everyday wear, but Orange Flip is a beautifully wearable almost-red - a nice blend of red, orange, and pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This lipstick is more than a lipstick to me. It's pure nostalgia. My grandmother used to wear this exact shade of lipstick. It was literally all she wore. Not only is it special for that reason, but it is just beautiful. Very vibrant, fun, and flattering on my warm, fair skin. I will always have this in my arsenal!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shade has been around since the 50's, along with most of the Moon Drops lipsticks. So it is truly a retro shade. It keeps a toe on the line between orange and red. It's not really a coral like Hot Coral. Definitely a stunning shade, and there is nothing like it in other brands. Buy Moon Drops, ladies! So they won't even think of discontinuing them. If you cannot find these, they are usually at the bottom of the Revlon lipsticks (since they push the Super Lustrous on us). This is one of the most fabulous lipsticks I've seen, and it's $6 or less. I also love Hot Coral, Peach Silk, Persian Melon, and Blase Apricot.

on 6/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: Wet 'n Wild Purty Persimmon is a more pigmented matte dupe of this, I've already swatched them on my hand and lips. Sorry for no pics, but take my word on it.

I look so bright and happy with this lipstick, so much better than any red I've tried. This is the 'red lip' effect/look I've always wanted to be able to pull off, even if it's from an orange. Red looks so clownish and is hard for me to pull off unless it's very sheer. I guess I've always wanted orange lips then, lol. For color combinations, I pair this with Wet N Wild Brulee, a matte brown crease shade, and light peach-coral blush :) Easy and trust me, you will just look so happy and radiant.

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.