REVLON Orange Flip

REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

on 8/23/2003 5:11:00 PM

At $7.75 a pop, Revlon lipsticks are quite higher end on the drugstore food chain. Hence, I have dubbed Revlon "the MAC of the drugstore" ... But beyond that, this lipstick is a fun, fabulous blast from the past. A red-tinged orange creme lipstick in that signature green and gold tube. Very 1950s (this shade was first introduced then, wasn't it?). Great for anyone into that retro look. Especially wonderful on light skintones, however this orange can totally work on darker skintones. Very mod! Revlon lipsticks definitely are a best kept secret.

on 2/28/2005 3:28:00 PM

I was wandering around Ulta looking for that perfect bright retro sunny shade to counteract the winter here in Chicago. I wanted something that conjured up Grace Kelly, Newport in the summer during the 50's and all that J. Crew catalouge preppy vintage fun. This probably was worn by a few of those original jetsetters and so I had to try it out. On my MMM GGG complexion (NC35-44) it looks rainbow brite but also classy...the exact shade I was going for. Yeah the perfume and packaging are old time, but thats the fun of it. This probably wont be a staple in my wardrobe, but it makes me happy and if I ever lose this I would get it again.

on 4/18/2006 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I humored my husband's sweet old grandma by going to RiteAid with her. She doesn't get out much and wanted to browse and buy cosmetics, etc. Since she was nice enough to let me convince her to try a blonde glaze on her grey hair (came out great!) I took her advice and tried this lipstick, which she's been wearing since about 1905 or something. She said I needed to wear something bright, which I never do. This is a pretty bright coral. The formula is o.k. but the smell is a bit strong. The best thing is that it is very highly pigmented and the color lasts a long time. The jury is still out on whether I can pull off bright coral, but I really think she might actually be right.

on 4/19/2006 10:28:00 AM

Orange Flip is indeed a retro color (Revlon is one of the few companies that keeps many of their longtime shades), but it's very "in" right now. I don't classify it as coral because it is almost pure orange without the pink tones that signify a true coral. It's more flattering than you would think, & if you can wear any warm shades you can pull this off. Not for the faint of heart, but gorgeous in a classic, old-fashioned way. Besides, Revlon is so often on sale that you can get it very cheaply.

Oh my God! YES. This is my new favorite lipstick. Strong, bright, orange.. it looks very old fashion. I love putting tangerine lip gloss over it! This is great if your into the bold. I get nice comments when I wear it.

on 10/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Revlon Orange Flip l/s is an old favorite since about 20 years. I've
repurchased many times. It's great against golden tanned skin in summer,
especially with white cotton clothes. If you do the 4 seasons color typing,
Orange Flip is a MUST for the autumn coloring's core repertoire, along with
Revlon's Sandalwood Beige, Toast of NY, Bali Brown, Coffee Bean, Cocoa Bean,
Amber Ablaze, Chocolate Velvet.

on 11/30/2006 4:18:00 AM

What a beautiful colour. I bought it when there was a special for buy one get one free. On me (LLL) it comes out a very bright pure orange colour. I wouldn't call this a coral colour, its much more orange. The texture is great and im very impressed. I cant wait to wear this one with my strapless dress and peep toes! Very retro!

on 9/27/2007 4:24:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised that I look this good in orange lipstick. :P As others have mentioned, very retro. Brightens up your face but less outspoken than a red shade. If you're considering this, go ahead and give it a try. ^_^

This is such a fun colour.Great for summer because it looks fantastic with a tan, but also brilliant for brunettes with olive skin (me). A clear true orange without a hint of pink, it looks fantastic at full strength but also blots very nicely for a more subtle look. I will be wearing this for many years to come.

on 3/30/2010 4:05:00 PM

Wow! This is a great lip color. I was looking for the perfect orange-red, and this is it. The color sits exactly in between red and orange. I like to keep my eye makeup very natural and simple, and by applying this to my lips my face gets an instant pop. Keeps my makeup interesting in a good way! I would seriously recommend using this color only when the rest of your makeup is very light and natural, otherwise it'd be too much going on! Obviously it's going to be very pigmented, so dab this on your lips very lightly. The Moon Drops formula is very creamy and moisturizing. This is by far one of my favorite colors. LOVE!