REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/14/2012 10:09:00 AM

I don't know why I even bother with NARS, OCD or Lipstick Queen. Orange Flip has all of them beat and at a fraction of the price. On me, a vivid red/orange that looks more like a stain than a lipstick once you blot your lips. This is really the only orange lipstick you need.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This spring, orange is the new red. Actually, I think it's better than red: playfully seductive, flattering, and it doesn't take itself so seriously. And, as Frank Sinatra said, "Orange is the happiest color" (orange was the Chairman's favorite).

I have worn Revlon's Orange Flip off and on since the late 1970s. I had to grow into it. Once each decade, I'd experiment with it, always drawn to the color (and the fun name) -- the insouciance of it, the panache of it, the retro joie de vivre of it. Orange says, "I love color" like nothing else. And I do.

This spring of the Orange Lip, with me being (finally) confident enough to "own" an orange lip, Orange Flip and I are star crossed. I am absolutely loving this classic Revlon beauty and its classic Revlon packaging and its reasonable Revlon price.

BTW, I cannot -- but cannot -- wear red. Lord knows I've tried... and makeup artists galaxywide agree with me (embarrassing moments those were). But for some lovely reason, this bright, comely Orange Flip suits my pale skin to perfection.

A bit of Revlon history: Revlon started out as a nail polish company in 1932, adding lipsticks in 1940. I read a 2011 post on another site that stated the poster's 88-year-old mother had worn Orange Flip since the age of 18... which would make delicious Orange Flip one of the original Revlon colors. This fits: Orange was indeed a popular lip color for both day and evening in the '40s (think of the song, "Tangerine," from that time).

Take a walk on the wild side... you may just love it! Top it with a pale pink gloss for extra verve if the velvety matte look takes some easing into.

on 10/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Revlon Orange Flip l/s is an old favorite since about 20 years. I've
repurchased many times. It's great against golden tanned skin in summer,
especially with white cotton clothes. If you do the 4 seasons color typing,
Orange Flip is a MUST for the autumn coloring's core repertoire, along with
Revlon's Sandalwood Beige, Toast of NY, Bali Brown, Coffee Bean, Cocoa Bean,
Amber Ablaze, Chocolate Velvet.