REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by age: 30-35
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Saw this lipstick on youtube vlogger The Happy Hair show. Love the shade and managed to purchase from the states as it is not available in the UK. I love it and can't wait to style with an outfit in the summer

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.

Here in Australia, this lipstick comes in a beautiful old fashioned gold tube. The lipstick smells vaguely of violets, which is really nice in an old-fashioned sort of way; the smell and packaging remind me of the type of make-up my mother used to wear in the early 1980s. This is really beautiful packaging for something you can buy at the drug store, I really like the packaging. In Australia, this lipstick costs around $25, but that is still $10 less than a MAC lipstick here (we get robbed here, everything is so expensive for no reason -- actually, it's because of the stupid import tax, which also raises the price of locally made cosmetics because of competition).

Now on to the lipstick itself. The colour is pretty much a dead ringer for MAC "Morange". But the wear of the lipstick is longer -- it leaves a stain when it wears off -- the texture is creamier, and the sharp slanted shape of the lipstick in the tube is useful for lining your lips. I have almost no complaints about this beautiful, fiercely bright, extremely pigmented, orange-red. It fulfills all of my retro quirks when I'm feeling retro quirky.

The only problem with "Orange Flip" is that I'm Asian and when I get tanned, I tan orange and then turn brown and then peel... well not really brown, more like the colour of woodland mushrooms. This basically means that in the dead of winter, my skin is very pale with a slight green undertone. Now that I've made myself sound like some sort of space creature, what I'm trying to say is that I have an olive undertone that (most of the time) leans towards the cool side of the skin colour spectrum. "Orange Flip" makes me look really, really green. I have to wear this lipstick with quite a bit of make up in order to make it work. It's not like NARS "All Night Long", a purpley-rose gloss, that I can simply throw on with no concealor or blush and waltz out the door in the morning.

"Orange Flip" is a fussy colour, so if you're olive-skinned, you might want to see if you can pick it up when you have cupons so that you don't spend too much money. This tube of lipstick will probably last me a long time because I'm not going to use it often. But I will be eagerly investigating other lipsticks in this line.

on 4/27/2011 10:56:00 AM

What a great find! I never would have found this or bought it if not for MUA. I know orange is the big trend right now for summer and I never, ever thought that I could rock the color (I'm NW15), but thanks to this awesome lipstick, I can! It is a gorgeous bright and vivid orange that I think most ladies could rock, I also find that it's a bit less harsh than red and thus easier to wear during the day, as well as something special to use at night. Application is a dream, goes on smooth, creamy and evenly; I didn't even need a lip brush. Wear time is great and it doesn't feather on me. This is not drying at all unlike many other vivid colored lipsticks (such as the Revlon Mattes or many MAC lipsticks that I have tried). The smell is a tad strong, but it reminds me of my grandmother and great-aunt (in a good way! For me it brings back my earliest memories of having fun with makeup). The smell also wears off quickly. Packaging is cute, I dig the green and gold. Price is slightly high for a drug store lipstick, but the quality is wonderful. I wear this with some winged black liquid liner and a soft peachy-pink cream blush. Just gorgeous and I wil definitely be checking out more from the Moondrops line. I would totally buy this again.

on 2/28/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been craving bright lipsticks lately and I have purchased several revlons that I just love, this being one of them. This is part of the moon drops line with the green tube and this looks like a color that grace kelly would have worn with pride. It's been around since the 50's and I love the retro feel of this shade. It's a bright coral-orange and even though it's orange, it doesn't look garish or cheap. It brightens up my NC15-20 skin and makes me look vibrant. This smells exactly like Pond's cold creme and I could do without that but it's not a deal-breaker in the least. If you're looking for a bright spring-summer shade try this, it's affordable and lovely.

on 9/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

May I ask where can I buy this lipstick in Vancouver, Canada? I cannot find this one in a lot of drug stores.

on 4/18/2006 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I humored my husband's sweet old grandma by going to RiteAid with her. She doesn't get out much and wanted to browse and buy cosmetics, etc. Since she was nice enough to let me convince her to try a blonde glaze on her grey hair (came out great!) I took her advice and tried this lipstick, which she's been wearing since about 1905 or something. She said I needed to wear something bright, which I never do. This is a pretty bright coral. The formula is o.k. but the smell is a bit strong. The best thing is that it is very highly pigmented and the color lasts a long time. The jury is still out on whether I can pull off bright coral, but I really think she might actually be right.

on 2/28/2005 3:28:00 PM

I was wandering around Ulta looking for that perfect bright retro sunny shade to counteract the winter here in Chicago. I wanted something that conjured up Grace Kelly, Newport in the summer during the 50's and all that J. Crew catalouge preppy vintage fun. This probably was worn by a few of those original jetsetters and so I had to try it out. On my MMM GGG complexion (NC35-44) it looks rainbow brite but also classy...the exact shade I was going for. Yeah the perfume and packaging are old time, but thats the fun of it. This probably wont be a staple in my wardrobe, but it makes me happy and if I ever lose this I would get it again.