Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi
Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

3.6

Not tested on animals

Castile Soap (Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tall Oil, Potassium Hydroxide), Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract (Awapuhi), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Bladderwrack), Cymbopogon Martini Oil (Palmarosa), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Callitris Intratropica Wood Oil (Blue Cypress) *Eco-Harvest®

on 8/31/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my go to cleanser since 2001. I always try other cleansers and always end up back to this one. If you have oily, acne prone, clogged skin that's hard to normalize this has been life saving for me and recommend you try it. If you have really dry or really sensitive skin and are scared to try it or if this doesn't work for you they have a much gentler one called Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Green Tea & Sunflower and I think you can only find it on amazon now. That one is just as effective without the slight stinging sensation or really strong tea tree smell. Both are good tea tree cleansers. I use the Green Tea & Sunflower one in the winter. I follow them up with the burt's bees blemish touch stick which is also tea tree and it works great. Desert Essence's tea tree stuff is really reliable.
Other people have mentioned this was stripping or it left a film and I have never had those issues at all. Your skin does feel squeaky clean but not stripped and I feel no film what so ever. I used this for 10 years like any other face wash before I read the actual instructions on the back which says to rub your face with it for 60 seconds which feels like a bit too much for me so I probably do 30-40 seconds. Overall it's awesome and it's all natural and cruelty free too :)
PS I forgot to mention if you already bought this and it's too strong you can dilute it 50/50 with water which is how I started out using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I used it in 2014 with success but the skin changes you know?

I used this August 2016 and I thought it was doing good until I cut it out and realized it was WAAAY TOO stripping of my oils. I literally ended up with dry skin and on top of that, used drying acne products. This face wash has a pH level of like 8, which is high as heck. If you do research, you have to find products that have a good pH level (around 5.5-6)

It helped kill pimple at first but knowing that it eats all the oils from your face, you end up with a vulnerable acid mantle aka moisture barrier on the skin and end up with more bacteria entering the skin, thus causing more acne

I liked this product at first because it made my combination/oily skin less oily. However, I realized that this broke me out literally the day after and was clogging up my pores, enlarging blackheads. This face wash definitely did not work for me, even though it took a while for me to realize that it was this that was breaking me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

THIS CLEANSER IS MUCH BETTER THAN ANY BENZYL PEROXIDE CLEANSERS, FOR MY SENSITIVE, COMBINATION, ACNE-PRONE, LATE THIRTIES-AGED SKIN TYPE. I USE IT THREE TIMES PER DAY, EVERYDAY. I LIKE THE BIG, ECONOMY-SIZED BOTTLES, AND THINK IT BEST TO ALWAYS HAVE TWO BIG ONES: ONE FOR THE SHOWER, AND ONE AT THE BATHROOM SINK. I USE A MONTHLY, BETA-ALPHA FACIAL PEEL TREATMENT, WITH THIS GENTLE CLEANSER: SKIN LABORATORY 20% SALICYLIC ACID FACIAL GEL PEEL, AND THEN, ALBA'S ALPHA HYDROXY MINI PEEL EVERY FOUR WEEKS. ALSO, I COMBINED THIS SKIN CARE REGIMEN WITH ACNE FREE SEVERE'S 10% BENZYL PEROXIDE MOISTURIZER. I ALSO USE A DAILY, EXFOLIATING, MUD MASK WITH SKIN LABORATORY PEEL, FOR REDUCING HYPERPIGMENTATION MARKS FROM PREVIOUS BREAKOUTS, WHICH I BLENDED WITH PRINCESS MARCELLA BORGHESE'S MUD MASK.

Too drying, leaves a film and broke me out. Bummer.

I was really excited to try this product along with Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Cream. I have combination skin, and I was experiencing a lot of breakouts. This cleanser did nothing for my skin but make it produce more oil while somehow also being too dry. It also makes my pores look huge and clogged and I have blackheads I've never noticed before on the corners of my nose :(

So sad this didn't work for me.

For about two years I have been struggling with moderate acne. I have tried everything from medication to topical treatments to about every face wash claiming to fight acne. None of them have me the results I wanted until this. SERIOUSLY AMAZING!! I use this face wash with the tea tree ointment because I felt it is a bit dry without it. And let me tell you that ointment is amazing too. It clears up my acne scars like nothing else and moisturizes too. The ointment is obviously going to be kind of like greasy in a way so you should apply it at night. But I defin recommend this and the ointment so it doesn't dry your face out. Overall an amazing product!😄

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

HG for me! Definitely drying in full liquid form, but if you buy a foam pump and put it in that it works great and the product lasts so much longer. Gets off ALL of my makeup, even waterproof mascara & liner! Has completely helped me get rid of adult cystic acne and I would be lost without this stuff. Started with TJ's version of this, but they were always out of stock and my local stores started selling the DE brand so I buy this instead. I use twice a day and have for 2 years and it keeps the oil and acne at bay.

on 10/9/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I just found this cleanser.. I've never had a facewash that worked for me without drying my skin out or causing breakouts. This face wash is amazing- I've been using it for a month and my skin has never been clearer. Not only that but it feels smoother, my pores are smaller, and it seems like my skin is more alive. No added chemical junk to my skin. It can tend to be drying so I usually use rosewater toner after and a light moisturizer. I've completely switched to all natural and oil based products because of this cleanser and my skin is literally glowing.

on 10/6/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for over a year now. It is the only product I've found that, when used consistently every day, keeps my skin mostly-clear of acne. (My skin has not, since I was a teen, been completely-clear, but mostly-clear beats not-really-clear by a country mile and I'm very happy about this.) I use it in combination with either straight shea butter or Retin-A on my face every night, and my skin is clearer than it's been in decades. I first picked up a small bottle from a health food store, and loved it so much that I re-purchased the large bottle from Amazon. It has lasted me for ages, and is incredibly cheap. And, weird perhaps, but I love the smell of tea tree oil. I see no reason to not keep using this cleanser forever.