Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

light on the skin, not greasy can oxidize a bit though, not a good product if you are looking for coverage but does a nice job giving you a sort of sheer evening out of the skin, SPF is always a bonus

My favorite tinted moisturizer. Good coverage too! And the lasting power is the best compared to any other tinted moisturizers I've tried. It almost has a matte/satin finish which I love for my oily/acne prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best applied with hands, great natural looking coverage. Doesn't case breakouts and leaves skin looking healthy, love this for summer I've worn it to pool parties and beach and it looked great and wore well. Doesn't cover major acne or scars , but you can layer it.

I stumbled across this in the 1 shop of all places after going to buy some cotton buds.

I don't usually wear a tinted moisturizer on the skin but I'm going on holiday next month and wanted something to even up my face color whilst I'm away as I only tan my body not my face. They only had one shade in stock which was 'warm' but for 1 I figured I could take the risk.

Review in bullet points:

Consistency: A little runny for my liking, but you only need a tiny amount (unfortunately I should have checked the color in the shop as its far too dark for me) so I'm currently using it as a bronzer on my cheeks and temples.

Smell: Smells of vanilla to me, very subtle once applied the smell completely fades.

Price: As mentioned I got this for a 1 - I'm assuming its been discontinued as its not on their website - but for what I'm using it for it'll last me forever!

Coverage: None that I can tell - I bought it to give me a bit of a bronzed look, which it certainly does - also leaves me looking fresh and dewy!

Overall: Very impressed with this - don't think I would of bought at the normal Stila tinted moisturizer full price of (about 20) but if you can get a cheap then I'd snap it up!

If I ever get the chance to use it as a tinted moisturizer (don't think my body will ever go that brown) then I'll post an update.

Ok, I bought this by mistake - I found it dirt cheap online and hurried to order, thinking I was ordering the Oil-Free version. Only after I have payed did I realize my mistake. I went here on MUA and read the reviews and panicked some more. This product is not receiving much love here. As for me, I have worn it 4 days straight before posting this review.
- I apply it in the morning, after toner and Boscia Refining Treatment - no moisturizer underneath.
- I follow up with a mattifying powder and I am good to go.

It does go on a little thick, but the amount can be controlled very well, no one has to worry about applying to much by mistake. The coverage is sheer as the name implies, it will not cover red spots and blemishes. It does however give the skin a nice uniform and natural look, dewy not mate and also does not sink into pores. On the contrary - to me they seem less obvious.
By lunch time a get a little shiny - 4-5 hours after applying it, and I blot two or three times. True enough, this happens with whatever I have on my face. By the end of the day my makeup looks pretty much how it did in the morning.

I wanted a tinted moisturizer because I really like the natural look, and having combination skin, I was also trying to eliminate the sunscreen from my morning ritual, at least now during the winter. This one fit the bill, I have it in the color Bare and it suits me very well, maybe just a little bit lighter then my skin type, but I prefer that (makes me look more rested). I have light skin but I do not fit with the real Fair skin types, nor with the ones who are Fair-Medium. I am somewhere in between(I do not know where I fit within the MAC color scheme).

So, to conclude, this tinted moisturized did what it promised: offered a sheer and natural coverage, it doesn't mattify but it does not contribute to the oil production, looks very well with a matte powder on top, and it did not clog my acne prone skin. I do realize that everyone is different, and I can see this is not for people with moderate to very oily skin - but if you can find it somewhere cheap, or order it by mistake :), give it a try. Who knows, it might just work for you. I will update if anything changes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gives a really good sheer coverage, protects against the sun, even out skin tone. A slightly weird smell. Not sticky at all.

I don't have any other product to compare this too,
but I think it is a good tinted moisturizer.
It moisturizes not bad and evens out my skin tone pretty okay.
It is not oily and didn't make me break out or anything,
But I wouldn't buy this again because it is a bit pricy for me,
and I heard other cheap tinted mositurizers work just as well like the covergirl one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I suffer from redness and find that foundation flares me up immediately. I was looking for something really light that would help to balance out my redness whilst giving me a more even overall look without too much coverage, and this does all of these things. A lovely dewy finish that looks really pretty with a light dusting of translucent powder on top. Excellent, natural finish. Definitely will buy again and again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worst tinted moisturizer! You can watch the product oxidize on your fingers before it even touches your face. Then when you go to put it on your skin it doesn't rub or blend in easily. Once on it feels like an the old sunscreens which just leaves a layer of oil on your face. Will not repurchase.

This is way too oily for my summer super oily skin and my winter normal skin. I even left it on a piece of thick paper to see how big the oil ring is. It is huge!!! I do not like it at all, 'cause I can always feel having it on my face when I wear it. Though I never broke out from wearing it, probably because of its low toxicity rating (according to the Skin Deep website), I returned mine and wouldn't not purchase it again.