Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this TM in the color, tan. I really like this TM but it is my first one so I don't have any other TMs to compare it to. I don't need much, seems like a little covers fairly well. It looks fantastic with translucent powder lightly dusted over. It has decent coverage so if you have acne scars or other blemishes that are very obvious, this wouldn't cover them. Another plus is that it has SPF 15, rather low but I guess it's better than nothing. It gives a fairly dewy finish not matte, imo. Overall, I really like this TM and I would repurchase if it wasn't for the price. For $35-ish a pop, it is quite expensive for just a TM, it's almost the same price as a foundation with more coverage. Although, I have to add that it does last me a pretty long time, I'd say about 6 months. The packaging, I forgot to mention, is hard and gray plastic so you can't see how much you have left and when you run low, you can't squeeze the life out of it to get every last drop for your dollar. That's the only gripe about it and the price.

I don't have any other product to compare this too,
but I think it is a good tinted moisturizer.
It moisturizes not bad and evens out my skin tone pretty okay.
It is not oily and didn't make me break out or anything,
But I wouldn't buy this again because it is a bit pricy for me,
and I heard other cheap tinted mositurizers work just as well like the covergirl one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product comes on thick for a tinted moisturizer! It was rather heavy, so I guess if you are looking for more coverage this is the way to go. But I need something light and well to work as a tinted moisturizer, light coverage and this was not it. The packaging is also horrible, the bottle/tube is incredibly hard to squeeze when trying to get the product out at the end.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It does not feel hydrating enough for my dry skin. I feel like I need to apply a lot to get that "moisturized" feeling. It doesn't dry me out but it doesn't really moisturize my skin either. It might work better for people with oily/normal skin. I'm returning it to Sephora tomorrow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this TM. I wear it under my foundation. It evens out my skintone so I have to wear less foundation and it keeps my dry areas moisturized so I look more natural. Will defidently buy it again

This one tube of TM has lasted me over a year! I love it because it gives a good coverage (for a TM) and keeps my skin so soft! I like to dust my MAC Mineralize powder over it for staying power. It gives my skin a nice glow without the heavy feeling of foundation!

As far as I can tell, it doesn't wear off that easily either. I use this in Tone. (NC25-30ish) So, if you are hesitant because of the price, rest assured, it will last you awhile :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer. I don't know if my sample was old or not, but it was thick. I like the way my skin looked once it was on, but I have a *foundation* that has more slip and less coverage than this.

While I know this review may not affect many other people, I thought it might be a good idea for other people to know. I wanted to be able to use this product. Sadly, though, I'm allergic to something used by Stila in their products (even the under eye concealer) and it caused me to break out in tiny bumps all over my face and a slight burning feeling. I ended up exchanging it for Clinique's Sheer Moisture Tint, which works well, if I am a little between shades.

After running out of the Prada TM that I stocked up on when it was cheap at TJ Maxx, I've been looking for a cheaper replacement. Stila was the second one I tried, folowing Kiehls, and while it was slightly better than Kiehls, I won't be repurchasing. The consistency was much thicker than the normal tinted moisturizer and as a result I went through the TM faster than I think necessary because it was so difficult to spread. It also seemed slightly drying, which was totally unexpected. Additionally, this TM seemed to turn slightly orange over time, which is just unacceptable. I've since tried the Laura Mercier TM and love it. I highly recommend the Laura Mercier TM over the StilaTM, plus LM has SPF20 compared to only SPF15 in Stila.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

i really do not think this product moisturizes that well i have combination skin and in the places that it is dry this product did not make it any better. i do break out sometimes and i feel like this product helped with that. I had talked to the lady in sephora about it and she claimed it would not do that. i was pretty upset to find out that it had. i love the feel of this and to anyone that it does work for lucky you i have tried to use it every so often and it just doesnt work. i love the natural look of it even though it is a little to natural. just dont buy the powdered foundation to put on top of it if you feel you need more coverage. bad idea. I also think stilas colors come in a random variety and none of them really match me i am a little more than medium tan and i am olive so im not really sure. But if you are fair skinned i think stila works great for you.