Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I love this product so much for my dry, very sensitive skin. It is one of the few light foundations with mineral SPF instead of chemical SPF, which for me has meant no stinging sensation or sensitivity. Note: This product is now SPF 20, not SPF 15. This tinted moisturizer is hydrating and gives a nice, flattering glow. The coverage is buildable, which I also like. I'm now using my 3rd tube, so yes, I'm a big fan!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love how this makes my skin look. Very radiant, but not oily. I have combination oily/dry skin so it's hard to find something that works. I'm also prone to breakouts and I haven't broken out from it. No smell and good selection of colors. Yes it's a tinted moisturizer so if you're expecting more coverage don't even buy it. I've tried a few other tinted moisturizers and this one has the best coverage. Definitely give this a try of you're looking for a natural look while evening everything out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm super pale. My body tans...all except for my face, neck, and chest. Cheap sunless tanners don't work for me either, and I refuse to pay $50 and up for a tanner that will work. So, I saw on Youtube that you can get a tinted moisturizer that is darker than your regular shade. Since it's more sheer than foundation, it will blend out giving you a natural, darker skintone. IT WORKS! I bought this in warm, and it actually makes me look like a living human. However, I need more coverage than this provided.

I can't believe I bought this at full price at Mecca Cosmetica when I was in uni. Now you can just get it at discount beauty stores for less than $10!!! Anyways, the first time I bought it I was in uni and still experiencing teenage hormonal breakouts. I was recommended the fairest shade, which made me look ghostly pale and did nothing for my skin, if anything it made it worse. I promply discarded it.

Fastforward some years, I bought a second tube of this on a whimsy. Despite a previously bad experience with the original TM, I thought it may have been a case of "right product wrong time". This time around I'm much happier with the shade Light 02 - it's a good match for my skintone without being too yellow or pink. It's still a far cry away from HG because this TM only works best if you already have very good skin i.e. not too dry or oily, no acne, no scars, no wrinkles etc. The coverage is very sheer and the finish is very natural and dewy. If anything, it's still your skin but "better". You won't look like you have any makeup on, which can be a good or bad thing. I wouldn't buy this again because there are definitely better products out there, but for those who have outgrown Covergirl, Dove or Nivea TMs, this is a good starter.

I wasn't expecting to like this, as I got a sample in medium and am as pale as pale can be (think Irish, but translucent). I was pleasantly surprised to find that this went on easily (without crowding into my pores, making the too-dark shade stand out, or showing imperfections like dry patches). I would definitely buy this in the light shade. The fact that I made it work in a shade that was too dark for me shows what a lovely, blendable TM it is. Admittedly, the coverage is very sheer and does little to cover imperfections, but it won't exacerbate them. Most importantly, it doesn't look like makeup. And, a little goes a long way.

It's sheer. If you don't want sheer coverage, don't buy a tinted moisturizer. I find this gives me a little coverage without looking fake, and that's what I want. The colour looks quite natural. I do have to use concealer on any problem areas, but that's not new, even with regular foundation.

One plus is the packaging. It's not as small as the Cargo foundation, but it's not glass, so it's quite easy to carry in my luggage (I travel a lot and travel-worthiness is important to me in my packaging).

I've been using this for years, but I will probably go for something more in the foundation category as my skin ages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm becoming less and less enchanted with this as time goes by. I really want to find a tinted moisturizer that I can wear on days when I don't really want to wear makeup. Though my skin is rather dry, I'm beginning to find that this product is waaaaay to oily. When it's on--even when I think I've blended it it well--it leave a shiny, greasy residue. I don't mind looking dewy, but this is really too much. Don't think I'll be repurchasing. Also, for what it's worth, it's impossible to tell what shade you've bought since the sticker or shade number is only listed on the product's box. How dumb is that?

Snapped this up on sale @ Sephora for US$10, instead of US$38. I'm presuming that this precedes the recently reformulated "Oil Free" version (and I can literally see why-this one is shiny on my N/C skin). I have this in "Light" (SPF15) which isn't too hideously orange on my PPP skin. I was looking for something that wasn't foundation, but which would add a teensy bit of polish and moisturization to my face in a busy clinical setting, where OSHA regulations mandate us to keep our hands way from our faces while in all patient care areas. In addition, I still wanted to be able to layer a little of Covergirl's Clean, Oil Control Pressed Powder over this for everyday or Givenchy's Prisime Mat. This smells like sunscreen and looks rather glowy, even after it settles on my skin. Packaging is a bit on the clunky/chunky side, and I don't care much for the threaded lid, and the dispensing nozzle. Altogether, it reminds me rather a lot of Boots No 7 Sheer Tinted Moisturizer, only less orange, and it's definitely more of a liquid, than a cream. Overall, a standard product for daytime wear, yet, it is still far from being a standout nor signature 'star' product. But, hey, for $10, not a bad compromise at all, really.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a tinted moisturizer so you are not going to get much coverage. But it does even out your skin tone a little. For any trouble spots you want to hide you have to use concealer. When my skin is looking good I use this instead of foundation so I can relieve putting heavy makeup on my skin. However, for the price you are paying for this I expect it to do more. You can hardly see a difference from before to after so why waste the money?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have very dry very pale skin. I find the fair/light excellent, as it is oily enough to sink into my dry skin, and pale enough to even out my casper face! I have tried the oil free equivalent and found it too dark, but this one is about as near to my colour as I can get i think! I generally leave it about 20 mins to sink into my skin before going out, like a heavy moisturiser, just so it has time to sink in a little. It will make your face a little shiny, so if you can wear powder I would fo sho. I use this everyday, and have very sensitive skin but no breakouts :-) I wouldn't use this if I had oily skin however,as it would be too heavy!
My only complaints would be that it makes my pores bumpy, and I would like to get the same result from something with a tiny bit more coverage *sniff* hehe xx