Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

This was just released at the Pro store two days ago. They have three shades available (Light, Medium and Dark I believe...I got the Light and I normally wear IPF in 20 watts, MAC NC 20, Angel Light in C). It gives enough moisture, but if you have dry skin, I would use it over another moisturizer. It actually gave good coverage...it evened up my skin tone really well without feeling too greasy or anything. It gives more coverage than the LM one...and it's not as heavy on the moisture as the Shiseido one. I really like it so far and like the way that it wears. The MA used pressed powder to set it and it gave me more of a polished look. Retailed for $28. It comes in a silver tube (not like the lip shines but a bottle).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been trying many Tinted Moisturizer and so far Sonia Kashuk Hydro Tint is my fave. However, Stila's version comes close when it comes to quality. The SA at Stila Pro told me that this is a replacement for the discontinued Pivotal Skin product. The texture is very much like other tinted moisturizer, slightly lighter than Stila's Skin Visor. I wear Stila shade B/C and Medium shade actually match my skin tone better (would probably purchase the Light tone for winter). I have dry, sensitive skin and wore this all day, my skin doesn't react at all. The coverage is sheer almost the same as SK Hydrotint & Cover Girl's TM, however, it leaves a greasier finish than SK. I don't use any powder to set this as I have dry skin, however, I think those of oilier skin would benefit from powder. It comes in a squeeze tube with small opening so that the product stays hygienic. Overall, I don't think I'd repurchase since the performance is the same if not less than Sonia Kashuk Hydro Tint for twice of the price.

This is a true tinted moisturiser, rather than a light-coverage foundation like many. Not particularly moisturising, it seems to sink into my combo/oily skin on application, leaving a natural finish, neither shiny nor matte. It simply evens out the color and nothing more. My skin is fairly good at the moment, so that's all I need, but anyone with blemishes or discoloration will probably not be satisfied with the coverage of this product. It seems to last all day, no streaking, no sinking into pores and no shininess. I have a little flakiness, due to using RetinA, and this is one of the few products which doesn't emphasise this (nor irritate my very sensitive skin). The packaging is well thought out, a squeezable plasic tube that can be stood on its cap, and dispenses a precise amount of product. I would particularly recommend this for oily skins, but drier skins may need an additional moisturiser underneath. There is no need to worry about an exact shade match due to the sheerness of the product. If in doubt, the medium should suit most skin tones except the very dark. Although like all Stila products this is not cheap, you get a large amount, and need very little for each application, so it should last well.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm test-driving this for the first time today and so far, so good. My HG foundation is Becca LSC in Porcelain and I found Stila's TM to give even more coverage than Becca. Also Stila's is not moisturizing at all as some reviewers have already mentioned and it was rather thick and a bit hard to spread. I had to make sure my face was moisturized for it to go on properly, but once it warmed up to my skin it just melted in nicely, not accentuating any pores. It left a very natural finish, a little too matte for my liking, but not too bad. As for the color match, Light looks like it's going to be too dark and it's very neutral IMO, but once on it matched perfectly with my cool PPP complexion.

The lightest color was too dark for me - left an orange line on my neck. I'm a MAC NC20, btw. But the product itself felt nice. So if you can find a color match, it's probably ok.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this TM leaves little or no coverage on skin, I needed to place powder on top. I find that Almay TM has more coverage and is 1/2 the price. There are better ones out there. I will continue to use this on the days that I just need a little bit of coverage, but not for work, i will stick to Liquid makeup or IPF

I've tried quite a few tinted moisturizers over the last year, and now my quest can end. This is by far the best I have tried, and I'll tell you why. It's sheer and not greasy at all, light as a feather, and lasted all day. Maybe it's not very moisturizing, but I have moisturizers that do that for me. Unlike BB and TM where the moisturizer seemed to sink in, but the color just stayed on top of my face, stila sheer color seems to melt into my skin, evening out the tone enough to give me that 'my skin looks great, and I barely did a thing' look. It feels like nothing on. With only 4 colors there may be some difficulty finding a match, but this product seems very forgiving.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Woohoo! This is my first review after benefitinh from them for a long time! I was moved to write this because it's a new product and I'm very happy with it.

I have dry, pale, tending-towards-pink skin. I always moisturize before putting on any foundation but even so many of them flake on me. This on does not. It is sheer, but it evens out my pinkness pretty well. I wanted something light, although my skin isn't great, because for daytime I don't like to have obviously made-up skin. I can apply a couple of layers of it to especially pink areas without it looking heavier. And it lasts all day, and feels like nothing is on my face at all.

Some reviewers have noted that it's not particularly moisturizing, which is probably true, but since I moisturize beforehand, all I've noticed is that I don't have to moisturize again.

I also love the packaging. It's lightweight, unbreakable, easy to dispense, and doesn't require a special applicator - so perfect for a purse as well as a drawer.

My previous sheer foundation was Origins Nude and Improved, which I still like, because it gives a dewy look and also has good packaging for purse, but didn't cover me as well (which may be because the Light Linen shade isn't really yellow to neutralize the pink, whereas Stila's "light" is merely neutral, but covers enough to keep me happy).

My mother, who can notice a burgeoning pimple on my face from 50 yards, has complimented me on my skin when wearing both of those.

I'm OK with the price, especially since it's about the same as Origins, adjusting for product size.

The SA at my Stila counter gave me a sample of this last week, and I was so excited as I've been very curious about this one. This is not for ladies who need any more than the slightest coverage. I am lucky enough to have pretty decent skin and most of the time just need something to even out my skin tone a bit, and this does exactly that. This is a very silky, dewy formula that provides just a hint of coverage. I can't really speak to the moisturizing factor, I have pretty dry skin and never trust tinted moisturizers to do the actual "moisturizing" part of their purpose. But the SPF is nice.

I've been using SK TM up until now and I did a side-by-side comparison on my face to see if I could really see the difference between the low end and high end product. The big difference was that the Stila product has silicone and is more easily spreadable/blendable. I have a hard time blending the SK unless I have pre-moisturized my face. However, once I had applied SK to the left side and Stila to the right side - I couldn't see one bit of difference in the end result. So I don't really know if it's worth it to spend the extra money on Stila's version, but it's an excellent product.

EDITED: 4/15/04. I've decided that this makes my face too shiny. I've gone back to my trusty SK TM. Fine in a pinch, but probably wouldn't repurchase. continued >>

I love this stuff! It's great if you go into it with the right expectations. First of all, it's wrongly categorized - this is NOT a moisturizer. If you buy it as a moisturizer, you are going to be disappointed. This is a wonderful, sheer, dewy foundation. I put it on like a foundation (with a sponge) after I put my moisturizer on. I'm an MMM that's olive toned, so I bought the Medium. I tried Warm at Sephora but it's a lot pinker. Overall, a good foundation for ladies that HATE foundation (like me!)