3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I have an oily scalp and wash my hair every other day (sometimes every day) and I really enjoyed Big. I have long, straight, uncoloured hair that can fall a little flat. Big gives me a super clean feeling but doesn’t dry out my hair. I always follow up with conditioner on my ends however and would recommend all do this (I use Lush’s American Cream). I simply take a small amount and lather it between my hands, then apply the lather to my hair. The salt chunks gives my scalp a mild scrub but does not get tangled in my hair. They wash out easily. A little goes a long way with this product, so the tub will last a very long time. As it gives the hair such a clean feeling, I feel like it may dry out dry hair and also know this product is not recommended for coloured hair. I found it gave me some additional volume, and my hair definitely wasn’t flat after use, but my hair was no way ‘Big’. I really enjoy the scent of this shampoo, to me it smells just like a Lush store! It has a fresh, floral-citrus scent and to me it smells like Neroli but the scent doesn’t linger in my hair. Overall, it leaves my hair feeling clean, looking shiny and healthy and with a little more volume than usual. I would definitely recommend this product and would repurchase.

About reviewer (733 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I don't know if I see any pros in this shampoo. The fragrance is a personal preference (I hate it), it smells way too strong and unpleasant in my opinion. It's very harsh, like a deep cleansing shampoo, and very drying. I hate the grainy salt texture of it. It gives me wire-like hair without adding any volume. Terrible! But I think people with oily hair and scalp may actually love it.

About reviewer (651 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

One of LUSH's best products, which I've purchased many times over the years. Although there are other clarifying shampoos on the market, this one is unique in the sensory experience that it offers: scooping and massaging salt into your hair while the gorgeous, unique fragrance surrounds you. It is quite stripping so I only use this once a week, and I would avoid if your hair is coloured. Other than that it's one to try!

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I have long straight hair that is fine and gets limp within a day of washing due to my oily scalp. I have tried BIG, Seanik, and Jersey Bounce. I will admit that BIG gives me the most volume out of all 3. Seanik was the worst of them all as it didn't give me any volume at all. I really like BIG for this purpose and yes it gives alot of shine too which is awesome! I also love the smell as it smells of being on a beach! The only downside is I cannot use this as my sole shampoo because 1) it can potentially dry out my hair, and 2) whenever I use this shampoo I noticed more hair fallout whilst in the shower. For these 2 real important reasons I use this on special occasions or at least once a week. I prefer Jersey Bounce for frequent use even though I wish it provided more volume like BIG. Regardless I'd repurchase BIG!

About reviewer (834 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

3 years ago

I'm a bit disappointed in this shampoo, even though I do like it. It doesn't give my hair any volume, and my hair is very flat, fine and long, but I did expect to see at least a bit because of the all great reviews. BUT it does make my roots very soft, which is quite weird as it feels drying when you rinse it out. I would give it a 4,5 lippies as a product, but I'm only giving it 3 because it does not do what it claimed to do. I love the smell.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Was gift shopping for daughter in law when i found this. Love it. I'm 63 with thinning hair, so you wouldn't think it would work well, but the it does. I have near constant hot flashes, with drenched hair, and whew boy, summer is not even here yet. This both helps clean out scalp and it a mood lifter. Hair seems to stay cleaner, longer and it less limp.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairBrown

3 years ago

nice to have around & made my fine hair look awesome but i just can't tolerate the scent. its like washing your hair with Gain detergent.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I have long straight hair that could use a little more volume and oompf, this can achieve that but because it's a bit drying I use a conditioner or hairmask afterwards and that takes away the effect. I liked to use it as a clarifying shampoo once in a while and I love the scent, beachy and fresh with a hint of vanilla!

About reviewer (350 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Background: I have naturally medium hair, but a lot of it! My hair is superthick, and long. It's also wavy and frizzes like crazy; the only way I can wear it is blow-dried: I have tried to pull off the wavy look, but it doesn't work with me, and ends up frizzing like crazy. Because of the thickness, I have what you call: combination hair (scalp gets oily after a day or two, but ends remain dry). For the record: I wash my hair every 4 days because of my dry ends,and I use dry shampoo in between washes. I usually use drugstore shampoos, such as Pantene, Dove, etc. I've tried everything, and the problem is that after washing my hair twice, I always feel my hair isn't clean enough. Because my hair is so thick and heavy, I feel like it falls flat quickly, and frizzes at the ends. Enter this shampoo: This shampoo cleans. When I say cleans, I mean SQUEAKY CLEAN. I love that. The smell is phenomenal, and it lathers very nicely. I really like that it has salt in it, because in a way, I feel like I'm sorta getting a good scrub, if that makes any sense! I was hoping this shampoo would give me volume, but sadly it didn't do much. It did give me insane shine, though. The way you use this is like any shampoo, except instead of a squeeze bottle, you have to scoop the shampoo out of the tub it comes in. The texture is quite gritty, because of the salt, and it is a hassle to distribute, but once it's on your hair you just add water and it foams up. I find that sometimes I don't have to double wash my hair with this. Pros: -Smells incredible -Lathers nicely, and quickly -Leaves your hair squeaky clean -Natural ingredients -Leaves hair super shiny Cons: -Expensive (as are most of Lush products, but a little bit goes a long way!) -Can be drying; I don't advise that anyone use this on a daily basis. I use it twice a week and it worked out fine for me. -Didn't really add any volume to my hair -Packaging can be annoying. It comes in a tub packaging, and you have to scoop it out with your hands, which means some water can get in. It's also a bit of a hassle to distribute on hair. Would I repurchase? I don't know. For now, I'm experimenting with Kerastase. After that, maybe Aveda? I like to switch around my shampoos. Maybe in the future, for a change, I may pick up some Big.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

A very nice clarifying shampoo. Leaves my hair squeaky clean and refresh. I like the idea of using natural salt. I used it only twice a week and I make sure to use a deep conditioner for my ends because I have oily scalp and dry ends. The smell is nice but I would prefer it more florally or citrusy. The packaging is unhygienic so you need a plastic or a wooden spoon to scoop out the product out of the container.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair