LUSH BIG

LUSH BIG
BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 2/12/2017 5:13:00 PM

nice to have around & made my fine hair look awesome but i just can't tolerate the scent. its like washing your hair with Gain detergent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have long straight hair that could use a little more volume and oompf, this can achieve that but because it's a bit drying I use a conditioner or hairmask afterwards and that takes away the effect. I liked to use it as a clarifying shampoo once in a while and I love the scent, beachy and fresh with a hint of vanilla!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Background:
I have naturally medium hair, but a lot of it! My hair is superthick, and long. It's also wavy and frizzes like crazy; the only way I can wear it is blow-dried: I have tried to pull off the wavy look, but it doesn't work with me, and ends up frizzing like crazy. Because of the thickness, I have what you call: combination hair (scalp gets oily after a day or two, but ends remain dry). For the record: I wash my hair every 4 days because of my dry ends,and I use dry shampoo in between washes.

I usually use drugstore shampoos, such as Pantene, Dove, etc. I've tried everything, and the problem is that after washing my hair twice, I always feel my hair isn't clean enough.
Because my hair is so thick and heavy, I feel like it falls flat quickly, and frizzes at the ends.

Enter this shampoo:
This shampoo cleans. When I say cleans, I mean SQUEAKY CLEAN. I love that. The smell is phenomenal, and it lathers very nicely. I really like that it has salt in it, because in a way, I feel like I'm sorta getting a good scrub, if that makes any sense! I was hoping this shampoo would give me volume, but sadly it didn't do much. It did give me insane shine, though.

The way you use this is like any shampoo, except instead of a squeeze bottle, you have to scoop the shampoo out of the tub it comes in. The texture is quite gritty, because of the salt, and it is a hassle to distribute, but once it's on your hair you just add water and it foams up. I find that sometimes I don't have to double wash my hair with this.

Pros:
-Smells incredible
-Lathers nicely, and quickly
-Leaves your hair squeaky clean
-Natural ingredients
-Leaves hair super shiny

Cons:
-Expensive (as are most of Lush products, but a little bit goes a long way!)
-Can be drying; I don't advise that anyone use this on a daily basis. I use it twice a week and it worked out fine for me.
-Didn't really add any volume to my hair
-Packaging can be annoying. It comes in a tub packaging, and you have to scoop it out with your hands, which means some water can get in. It's also a bit of a hassle to distribute on hair.

Would I repurchase? I don't know. For now, I'm experimenting with Kerastase. After that, maybe Aveda? I like to switch around my shampoos. Maybe in the future, for a change, I may pick up some Big.

on 12/15/2016 10:40:00 AM

A very nice clarifying shampoo. Leaves my hair squeaky clean and refresh. I like the idea of using natural salt. I used it only twice a week and I make sure to use a deep conditioner for my ends because I have oily scalp and dry ends. The smell is nice but I would prefer it more florally or citrusy. The packaging is unhygienic so you need a plastic or a wooden spoon to scoop out the product out of the container.

first of all, this shampoo is way too expensive. it's a great shampoo, it made my hair voluminous and the smell is fresh, but i wouldn't buy it again because of the price. it's just not worth it.

on 8/24/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is in a real rut right now. I have had a baby a few months ago and my thick hair is usually pretty easy to maintain. But these days it gets greasy and lank real quick and I'm not a fan of washing it more than 2-3 times a week (ain't nobody got time fo' that!). Dry shampoo makes my scalp itch like mad, so that wasn't the ideal solution either. This shampoo came highly recommended as a good cleansing and volumizing shampoo so I shelled out the 18 euros and gave it a spin. It didn't disappoint! It lathers up really good (I did use slightly too much :') and the sea salt made it feel really cleansing. My hair was squeeky clean and I did have some trouble combing it, but a Wet Brush did help a lot. I let it air dry in a braid and the morning after it was soft, shiny and very voluminous, just the way I like it! The smell is also gorgeous... I do dislike the container, when taking out product of the tub when you're in the shower, water gets in the tub, hugely annoying. Price is steep, but worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hair Type: 2c/3a, waves/curls

Smell: This has a light, citrus smell that is refreshing. While it's not my favorite smell, I can definitely see a lot of people liking it.

Packing: Hate the packaging. Water can easily get in. An having to stick my hand inside is just gross.

Price: It's a $28 shampoo, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This product dried out my hair like nothing else. I used it once, but that was all my hair could take. My hair felt like straw and was extremely frizzy.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 7/30/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The price of Big in my country was a bit on the expensive side for the amount of shampoo you get but I sucked it up and bought it and boy am I glad I did!
First off, I absolutely adore the smell of this stuff and have gotten many compliments about how great my hair smells. It is an extremely cleansing shampoo and it really holds up to its name of giving big hair! My hair is dead straight and lacked volume and lustre and big is the only shampoo that gave me both instantly in one go.
My initial idea was to use this shampoo every other day because of quantity/price so I could stretch it out a bit (long hair and all). I use so little that I've been using this for about 2 months and I still have 3/4 of a tub left! I only have to use about a teaspoon per wash as anything more than that is too much. I also found that my hair is less oily and doesn't get dirty as quickly as it would with other shampoos which is a huge bonus. I've gone from having to wash my hair every second day to once or twice a week.
I love the coarse salt in there as it gently massages my scalp and I found that it lathers really well.
Because this contains sea salt and can be quite drying on your hair (and don't let me get started on tangles!) I would recommend using a good nourishing conditioner to go with it.
At first I really didn't like the tub packaging but have grown quite fond of the simplicity of it the little black tub.
I honestly can't see myself buying any other shampoo in the next year.

on 7/21/2016 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all. It dried out my scalp and it got very itchy. Because it dried out my scalp so much, the skin on my head got very oily and I got dandruff (which I normally never got). The only plus was that it smelled nice.

on 7/20/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Thankfully I was able to test a sample of this from a local Lush store before having to shell out a lot of money for a jar. I liked the concept of salt in a shampoo, but I didn't care for this product itself. While it worked OK, the oversize chunks of sea salt were annoying & didn't allow my hair to lather up as well as it did when I made my own home version - just added regular table salt to my serving of whatever shampoo I like to use at home (I switch them around, but usually they are either clarifying or sulfate-free). My homemade version worked a lot better, gave me satisfying results (good lathering, clean hair, no repeat required), & didn't stink of the horrible scent of Big. Most users like the scent but it didn't click with me - it reminds me of the Ajax chlorine powder which I use to clean my bathtub. Not a desirable fragrance. So I'll thank Lush for their excellent idea with Big & happily save time & money making my own version using ordinary table salt or chunky sea salt if the mood strikes me. My formerly oily hair has gone really dry & wiry after age 40, but salty shampoo doesn't make my hair any drier than it has already grown to become (nothing softens, smooths or moisturizes it, so I've grown to accept the texture as part of aging..... much as I despise it). Washing with salt does keep my hair looking clean longer, so I enjoy it for that reason.