LUSH BIG

LUSH BIG
BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have long straight hair that is fine and gets limp within a day of washing due to my oily scalp. I have tried BIG, Seanik, and Jersey Bounce. I will admit that BIG gives me the most volume out of all 3. Seanik was the worst of them all as it didn't give me any volume at all. I really like BIG for this purpose and yes it gives alot of shine too which is awesome! I also love the smell as it smells of being on a beach! The only downside is I cannot use this as my sole shampoo because 1) it can potentially dry out my hair, and 2) whenever I use this shampoo I noticed more hair fallout whilst in the shower. For these 2 real important reasons I use this on special occasions or at least once a week. I prefer Jersey Bounce for frequent use even though I wish it provided more volume like BIG. Regardless I'd repurchase BIG!

on 5/9/2017 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a bit disappointed in this shampoo, even though I do like it. It doesn't give my hair any volume, and my hair is very flat, fine and long, but I did expect to see at least a bit because of the all great reviews. BUT it does make my roots very soft, which is quite weird as it feels drying when you rinse it out. I would give it a 4,5 lippies as a product, but I'm only giving it 3 because it does not do what it claimed to do. I love the smell.

on 3/27/2017 6:56:00 PM

Was gift shopping for daughter in law when i found this. Love it. I'm 63 with thinning hair, so you wouldn't think it would work well, but the it does. I have near constant hot flashes, with drenched hair, and whew boy, summer is not even here yet. This both helps clean out scalp and it a mood lifter. Hair seems to stay cleaner, longer and it less limp.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have long straight hair that could use a little more volume and oompf, this can achieve that but because it's a bit drying I use a conditioner or hairmask afterwards and that takes away the effect. I liked to use it as a clarifying shampoo once in a while and I love the scent, beachy and fresh with a hint of vanilla!

on 2/12/2017 5:13:00 PM

nice to have around & made my fine hair look awesome but i just can't tolerate the scent. its like washing your hair with Gain detergent.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Background:
I have naturally medium hair, but a lot of it! My hair is superthick, and long. It's also wavy and frizzes like crazy; the only way I can wear it is blow-dried: I have tried to pull off the wavy look, but it doesn't work with me, and ends up frizzing like crazy. Because of the thickness, I have what you call: combination hair (scalp gets oily after a day or two, but ends remain dry). For the record: I wash my hair every 4 days because of my dry ends,and I use dry shampoo in between washes.

I usually use drugstore shampoos, such as Pantene, Dove, etc. I've tried everything, and the problem is that after washing my hair twice, I always feel my hair isn't clean enough.
Because my hair is so thick and heavy, I feel like it falls flat quickly, and frizzes at the ends.

Enter this shampoo:
This shampoo cleans. When I say cleans, I mean SQUEAKY CLEAN. I love that. The smell is phenomenal, and it lathers very nicely. I really like that it has salt in it, because in a way, I feel like I'm sorta getting a good scrub, if that makes any sense! I was hoping this shampoo would give me volume, but sadly it didn't do much. It did give me insane shine, though.

The way you use this is like any shampoo, except instead of a squeeze bottle, you have to scoop the shampoo out of the tub it comes in. The texture is quite gritty, because of the salt, and it is a hassle to distribute, but once it's on your hair you just add water and it foams up. I find that sometimes I don't have to double wash my hair with this.

Pros:
-Smells incredible
-Lathers nicely, and quickly
-Leaves your hair squeaky clean
-Natural ingredients
-Leaves hair super shiny

Cons:
-Expensive (as are most of Lush products, but a little bit goes a long way!)
-Can be drying; I don't advise that anyone use this on a daily basis. I use it twice a week and it worked out fine for me.
-Didn't really add any volume to my hair
-Packaging can be annoying. It comes in a tub packaging, and you have to scoop it out with your hands, which means some water can get in. It's also a bit of a hassle to distribute on hair.

Would I repurchase? I don't know. For now, I'm experimenting with Kerastase. After that, maybe Aveda? I like to switch around my shampoos. Maybe in the future, for a change, I may pick up some Big.

on 8/24/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is in a real rut right now. I have had a baby a few months ago and my thick hair is usually pretty easy to maintain. But these days it gets greasy and lank real quick and I'm not a fan of washing it more than 2-3 times a week (ain't nobody got time fo' that!). Dry shampoo makes my scalp itch like mad, so that wasn't the ideal solution either. This shampoo came highly recommended as a good cleansing and volumizing shampoo so I shelled out the 18 euros and gave it a spin. It didn't disappoint! It lathers up really good (I did use slightly too much :') and the sea salt made it feel really cleansing. My hair was squeeky clean and I did have some trouble combing it, but a Wet Brush did help a lot. I let it air dry in a braid and the morning after it was soft, shiny and very voluminous, just the way I like it! The smell is also gorgeous... I do dislike the container, when taking out product of the tub when you're in the shower, water gets in the tub, hugely annoying. Price is steep, but worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hair Type: 2c/3a, waves/curls

Smell: This has a light, citrus smell that is refreshing. While it's not my favorite smell, I can definitely see a lot of people liking it.

Packing: Hate the packaging. Water can easily get in. An having to stick my hand inside is just gross.

Price: It's a $28 shampoo, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This product dried out my hair like nothing else. I used it once, but that was all my hair could take. My hair felt like straw and was extremely frizzy.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

first of all, this shampoo is way too expensive. it's a great shampoo, it made my hair voluminous and the smell is fresh, but i wouldn't buy it again because of the price. it's just not worth it.

on 12/15/2016 10:40:00 AM

A very nice clarifying shampoo. Leaves my hair squeaky clean and refresh. I like the idea of using natural salt. I used it only twice a week and I make sure to use a deep conditioner for my ends because I have oily scalp and dry ends. The smell is nice but I would prefer it more florally or citrusy. The packaging is unhygienic so you need a plastic or a wooden spoon to scoop out the product out of the container.

Video Reviews & Tutorials