LUSH BIG

LUSH BIG
BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

first of all, this shampoo is way too expensive. it's a great shampoo, it made my hair voluminous and the smell is fresh, but i wouldn't buy it again because of the price. it's just not worth it.

on 8/24/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is in a real rut right now. I have had a baby a few months ago and my thick hair is usually pretty easy to maintain. But these days it gets greasy and lank real quick and I'm not a fan of washing it more than 2-3 times a week (ain't nobody got time fo' that!). Dry shampoo makes my scalp itch like mad, so that wasn't the ideal solution either. This shampoo came highly recommended as a good cleansing and volumizing shampoo so I shelled out the 18 euros and gave it a spin. It didn't disappoint! It lathers up really good (I did use slightly too much :') and the sea salt made it feel really cleansing. My hair was squeeky clean and I did have some trouble combing it, but a Wet Brush did help a lot. I let it air dry in a braid and the morning after it was soft, shiny and very voluminous, just the way I like it! The smell is also gorgeous... I do dislike the container, when taking out product of the tub when you're in the shower, water gets in the tub, hugely annoying. Price is steep, but worth it.

To Read all 482 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hair Type: 2c/3a, waves/curls

Smell: This has a light, citrus smell that is refreshing. While it's not my favorite smell, I can definitely see a lot of people liking it.

Packing: Hate the packaging. Water can easily get in. An having to stick my hand inside is just gross.

Price: It's a $28 shampoo, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This product dried out my hair like nothing else. I used it once, but that was all my hair could take. My hair felt like straw and was extremely frizzy.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 7/30/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The price of Big in my country was a bit on the expensive side for the amount of shampoo you get but I sucked it up and bought it and boy am I glad I did!
First off, I absolutely adore the smell of this stuff and have gotten many compliments about how great my hair smells. It is an extremely cleansing shampoo and it really holds up to its name of giving big hair! My hair is dead straight and lacked volume and lustre and big is the only shampoo that gave me both instantly in one go.
My initial idea was to use this shampoo every other day because of quantity/price so I could stretch it out a bit (long hair and all). I use so little that I've been using this for about 2 months and I still have 3/4 of a tub left! I only have to use about a teaspoon per wash as anything more than that is too much. I also found that my hair is less oily and doesn't get dirty as quickly as it would with other shampoos which is a huge bonus. I've gone from having to wash my hair every second day to once or twice a week.
I love the coarse salt in there as it gently massages my scalp and I found that it lathers really well.
Because this contains sea salt and can be quite drying on your hair (and don't let me get started on tangles!) I would recommend using a good nourishing conditioner to go with it.
At first I really didn't like the tub packaging but have grown quite fond of the simplicity of it the little black tub.
I honestly can't see myself buying any other shampoo in the next year.

on 7/21/2016 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all. It dried out my scalp and it got very itchy. Because it dried out my scalp so much, the skin on my head got very oily and I got dandruff (which I normally never got). The only plus was that it smelled nice.

on 7/20/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Thankfully I was able to test a sample of this from a local Lush store before having to shell out a lot of money for a jar. I liked the concept of salt in a shampoo, but I didn't care for this product itself. While it worked OK, the oversize chunks of sea salt were annoying & didn't allow my hair to lather up as well as it did when I made my own home version - just added regular table salt to my serving of whatever shampoo I like to use at home (I switch them around, but usually they are either clarifying or sulfate-free). My homemade version worked a lot better, gave me satisfying results (good lathering, clean hair, no repeat required), & didn't stink of the horrible scent of Big. Most users like the scent but it didn't click with me - it reminds me of the Ajax chlorine powder which I use to clean my bathtub. Not a desirable fragrance. So I'll thank Lush for their excellent idea with Big & happily save time & money making my own version using ordinary table salt or chunky sea salt if the mood strikes me. My formerly oily hair has gone really dry & wiry after age 40, but salty shampoo doesn't make my hair any drier than it has already grown to become (nothing softens, smooths or moisturizes it, so I've grown to accept the texture as part of aging..... much as I despise it). Washing with salt does keep my hair looking clean longer, so I enjoy it for that reason.

on 6/11/2016 10:08:00 AM

I was really happy with the results of this shampoo. The sea salt is fairly drying, which is why I only use this once a week or whenever my hair needs a good cleaning. The rest of the time I use Blousey, the Lush shampoo that's known for being gentle/non-stripping. I actually decided to try Big because I found that after a few weeks of using Blousey, my hair wasn't getting super clean. Someone at Lush recommended alternating Blousey with Big (or using Bug once a week or so) and I was sold. It feels great, smells great and truly did give me beachy, wavy volume. My hair looks great after I use it. Unfortunately it's not an everyday shampoo, but that's ok because I never needed it to be. Its too bad that i can't get that volume every day but I love my Blousey shampoo too.

on 4/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

I do not put effort into my hair. It is very straight and since I don't style it or use heat, there isn't much damage, but it lacks life and volume. It doesn't bounce! I don't use fancy shampoos and conditioners either. The most I have ever paid for a shampoo is $10. I have been told by two people that my hair looks like "less." They thought I was losing my hair, but my hair looks like that because it is so limp. On second day hair, it looks greasy and makes me feel gross, so I needed something to give my hair life and keep my oily locks under control. The knowledgeable lady at my closest LUSH store recommended that I try BIG shampoo and Veganese conditioner together and WOW. I am loving this shampoo.

It is quite expensive...I believe I paid around $28 for 11.4 oz. That is actually the only size available and it comes in a large black jar. The shampoo texture is very unique...it is a course salt mixed with other ingredients. It smells absolutely amazing. You rub the shampoo into your hair and it surprisingly lathers up very well. I only take a very small amount...maybe about the size of a dime. Then, I use my LUSH conditioner on my ends, but not on my scalp. I like to let my hair air dry, so once it is dry, I immediately notice a difference in my hair. It is extremely shiny and bouncy. Now, my hair has life.

Overall, this is the most amazing shampoo ever. This would not be a good shampoo for dry hair or damaged hair, since it doesn't offer enough moisture. It is good for oily and limp hair that needs oomph. It is very pricey, but this jar is probably going to last me for four or five months, since only a little is needed at a time. I am not too crazy about the packaging, but there is probably no other way to package a course salt. This shampoo has changed my hair!

on 3/31/2016 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok I love this shampoo! it has a different texture, and the packaging can be a little awkward but I am hooked. My hair is very shiny and full of body after using this. I love the fact that it removes any build up you have on your hair. I use his about 4times a week, only because my hair is colored and I don't want to dry it out. Would definitely repurchase.

on 3/20/2016 3:03:00 PM

I heard about this product from a Youtuber and was more than excited to try it out. Man it was pricey! But I heard amazing things about this product so I decided to purchase it.

My scalp tends to be pretty oily (especially since I reside in a hot and humid country) so this shampoo worked at ridding me of build up and left my scalp feeling super clean. It gave me some lift at the roots, which was great since my long hair weighs my roots down.

While the shampoo works, it might work TOO well at cleaning. MAN. This stuff is SUPER DRYING and I would not recommend:
- using it as an everyday shampoo
- using it for more than one day in a row
- using it for your ends
It would be wise to follow up with a deep conditioning.

I don't find that the sea salt bits worked at exfoliating though. It seemed more of a novelty thing than anything else. I read somewhere that the best way to use this was to soak your hair, lather some product in your hand and then work it into your scalp. When you lather the product some of the salt gets dissolved or falls onto the floor. So you don't really get enough sea salt in your hair to do any exfoliating. So yeah it doesn't seem like the most practical thing to have sea salt in shampoo and the whole exfoliating your scalp thing DOES NOT WORK.

The packaging is meh. Like most LUSH product this comes in a tub, and I was told by the salesperson + found out through experience that getting water into it is not a good thing - this stuff turns gloppy and liquid-y and dissolves (sorta?) some of the salt, and I ended up having to use a dry spoon to scoop out product every time I use it. However, the moisture doesn't really affect the performance of the product, so if you're alright with getting water into it, just dip your hands in! Anyway, I don't see how else LUSH could have packaged it so I guess we will have to live with the horrible packaging.

Scent wise, it smells a lot like men's soap plus detergent(?). It's an acquired scent, but I'm pretty okay with it. The product lasts pretty long, approximately a year or more. So that's a plus.

I had several trial and errors figuring this product out, when I first used it without conditioner, my hair felt straw-like and stick straight (despite only working the products in my roots). Using it two days in a row would leave it pretty dry too. Skipping conditioner is a NO-NO. When I finally figured it out it gave me a nice amount of added volume. While I had an interesting experience, I feel like the over-drying aftermath is a turn off. I will not be re-purchasing this product, however, I feel that it's a pretty handy product to have for people who live in cooler and drier climates and can skip daily hair washes :)