BeneFit Cosmetics Powder Blush [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics Powder Blush [DISCONTINUED]

on 7/21/2005 11:17:00 PM

These are typical powder blushes, pretty, but boring. In my opinion there's nothing special about them. The color selection is limited and the staying powder is ridiculous. The pigmentation and coverage is good though, which is an upside, and they apply smoothly with no blotchiness. There's no icky fragrance either, thank goodness. The bottom line: Cover Girl or Maybelline have blushes the exact same size and of equal or better quality, at a fraction of the cost.

I love the color of the blushes. But I feel the staying power is not so great. I have to reapply a few times throughout the day. The price is about twenty dollars. And for that price it should last.

on 7/4/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have two Benefit blushes, Getting Finer Everyday (plummy/rose shade) and Take A Picture It'll Last Longer (pinky peach). The texture of these blushes are great. They glide right on and never look streaky or heavy. They last on me all day without irritating my sensitive skin.

These blushes are a bit pricey ($20) but they are of such great quality that it's well worth it to me! :o)

I love this totally blendable blush. It comes with a brush that applies the blush perfectly. A little goes a long, long way. At first, I was put off by the fact that it is a loose powder, and it can easily spill all over your makeup bag if it is not closed tightly. It does the job well, though. And a tip--if I want a more sheer, dewey finish to my cheeks, I apply a few drops of water to my cheeks after applying the blush, and gently blend.

on 1/10/2004 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have 2 of these. The colors are pretty, the texture is nice, the pigment is good. These are good quality blushes.
However these things are TINY. For $20, they are RIDICULOUSLY tiny. I have nothing bad to say about the product therein, but geez, for $20 I'll spring for Shu or Nars next time. I also don't like the shape of the packaging, I much prefer rounded or squared blush surfaces, or at least something large enough to swirl my blush brush in. The package is square but the blush is just a slim rectangle...and I did mention it was tiny, right? It also is difficult to open...the plastic is too smooth and it snaps shut way too tight to open easily (my fingers keep slipping). More than anything this reminds me of those little pocket sized CG blushes..cheekers, were they called? Anyway, thumbs up for the color/quality, thumbs down for the packaging and value. If you must get something from BeneFit's new color line, go for the eyeshadows. THEY are worth it for the $, but not these babies.