MAC Cosmetics Melton Mauve

No Image

3.5

love this color, never had a problem with getting it to show up. i think it applies really well actually. i also really like that its not sparkly or shiney in any way. its a great color and shadow.

on 2/24/2009 1:36:00 PM

Really like this colour, but as some people have already said it takes a lot of application before the product can be seen, however once its packed on it really looks nice and makes an impact. Im happy enough with it but as it is discontinued I will not be going out of my way to buy it again by looking online etc, if they still sold it in stores I might be tempted to purchase again.

The color, a bright matte pink, looks pretty in the pot, but it's hard to get it to show up on my eyes. It takes a few layers of shadow to get it to show up as pink as it is in the pot. It looks good for an hour or two, but then it fades to an ugly chalky light pink. I've tried several different bases and it still fades. It's also kind of hard to blend. The texture is really weird. It's kind of greasy. I tried using it as a blush, but it always came out extremely bright. Why couldn't it be that bright on my eyes? I'm not surprised that MAC discontinued this eyeshadow.

on 10/11/2006 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like the smooth texture of this,but I hated the color. Fuschia is definitely not my color and looks totally clownish on me.

MAC description: Vivid orchid pink.

I love this color! I'm a NW20, and I always seem to pair this color with Pink Freeze. On me, they look great together!! I find it a perfect matte consistency (doesn't seem too dry) and it goes on well. I don't need to pack on the color with this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this shade. I think the only drawback is that it is chalky and it takes a lot of effort to make it look obvious. I bought this hot pink shade for a more 80ís punk look. It looks good paired with black tied to make an extreme eye look. Melton Mauve shows up very purple on my skin and not really hot neon pink like I wanted it to be. I probably wouldn't buy it again because it is expensive considering it took 7 applications before i saw major "color".

What on earth is the story with Melton Mauve? I'm a recent MAC Convert and ADORE every single one of their shadows that I've picked up..... except for this. The colour is pretty in the pot, granted, but you need to apply TONS AND TONS to get ANY kind of effect, and the stuff is not the easiest to get out of the pot and onto your brush, I seem to need to scratch away at the pan FOREVER to get a decent amount..... hot pink's my "trademark" eyeshadow colour, and there are MUCH better ones than this for a fraction of the price... try "Dayglo Fantasy" by Bombshell Bath for a really, REALLY shocking pink, "Violet" by NYX for a slightly purplier bright pink, or "Flower Power" by Rimmel (UK) for a nice shimmery hot pink with blue sheen (actually, Mac's own "Stars and Rockets" is a similar duochrome bright pink shimmer, and WAY better than Melton Mauve IMHO).

I didn't pay full price for this, but still feel ripped off. Especially since every other Mac shadow I've ever tried is LOVELY. I honestly think Mac should discontinue it as it "lets the side down" in my opinion.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVED the shade when I saw it in the pot, but I agree with all the others when they say that you have to apply TONS of the product in order to get a decent shade on your lids. I tried applying it wet, but it just wound up looking purple more than pink. Will definitely be buying a less matte shade next time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This e/s is just too much work! Great colour but only if it would actually show up on my lids!! Its just so chalky and you have to pile it on by the bucketload and STILL it doesn't look anything like it does in the pot. I've tried it wet, dry, with and without base, but nothing works!

on 10/14/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chalky and got no pigmentation.