Maybelline Lip Polish- Mauve Star

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great for a drugstore lip gloss! I did not expect to be so impressed. The texture is not overly tacky, it has lots of pigment and seems to last when worn w/a lipliner. This is MUCH better than CG Wetslicks! The color is a mauvey-plum and it almost acts like more of a liquid lipstick than a lip gloss since there is not a ton of shine. Great staying power and it doesn't dry the lips out. Would repurchase, it is worth the $5!!!

on 6/9/2004 3:02:00 PM

Pretty color but way too dark for everyday use with my pale complexion. Looked almost purple on me.

I love this color for a nude. It is lighter than some nudes and I give it only 3lippies b/c after a while I sometimes get a line of whiteness on my lips which looks like toothpaste or something. I even had someone point this out to me yesterday. Ugh! Maybe I just need to heal my chapped lips and it would go on smoother. Winter has done a number on them. A friend bought this gloss b/c she liked it so much on me. I always take that as a compliment. I think the lip polishes are pretty decent for the price. I have used more expensive brands that I like much less.

on 12/26/2003 3:07:00 PM

Mauvie star is a great alternative to higher-end glosses. Only problem is it dries out after awhile. Very nice bronzey rose color - similar to Chanel Unity but a tad more pink.

on 12/7/2003 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

A real surprise!!! A nice MAU'er wrote to me and told me about an article about this lippie. It is suppose to be the same color as Chanel's Unity l/g. The color is great and it lasts a while on my lips. No smell either is a big plus for me also. A nice everywhere color. Like someone wrote before it is called Mauvie Star.

on 10/20/2003 4:50:00 PM

I never thought I would like any kind of lip wear with shimmer, but I love this Lip Polish!!! I recommend it very much to everyone!! You must try it!!
I like browns, but with this I made an exception, I tried it from my sister, and then I bought my own!! ;)

on 10/4/2003 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's actually Mauvie Star, but this is a great color. A YLB darker. So pretty. A deep mauve-rose with pink shimmer. And I haven't had any problems with the formula. I love this. I wear it constantly.

on 8/19/2003 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVELOVE LOVE Lip Polishes!! This is one of my favorites. Beautiful Mauve with golden shimmer great for any look and the price is Right!