MAC Veluxe - Velvet Moss

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this e/s in the outer corner of my eye and I didnt like it how it looked.So I decided I put it on swap.But after I was reading review here /thank you MUA/ and I decided to try it again another way.I just put it as liner up and down the eye about in the middle and I smudged it.Then I put in the outer corner Satin taupe and little Club in the crease.It looked very nice.This way much better then first time I used...
I can imagine it can look very nice with dark brown shadow and grey e/s,but I didnt try it yet.
Yes I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This, along with Bottle Green and Plummage, is part of my holy trinity of deep, matte green shadows. This texture is so silky, this feels even more silky and smooth than matte2 shadows. It is very pigmented and blends quite easily. It doesn't initially appear to be a wearable color at all, kind of a deep warm army or olive green. But its warmness makes it so fun. I love this one with Sour Lemon, golds like Gorgeous Gold or Dreammaker, and Smoke and Diamonds pairs with this like peas and carrots. Love Velvet Moss.

Favorite!
This is one of my HG eyeshadow colors. It looks like rotten avacado in the pan. It goes on a very pretty flattering avacado on my (damnit!) freckly eyelids. It makes my hazel eyes POP! Seriously.. like marty feldman only better.

I wear it as a wash or a liner. I have to apply carefully (it isn't the easiest shadow to apply for me) or I look like I have a green bruise.. but it is totally worth the few extra seconds it takes to do it up right once it is on my lids. I wear udpp as a base. This is one of the few colors people comment on how remarkabley green my eyes are.
Lovin it!

I'm a nw20, light auburn hair, hazel eyes and freckles.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I just found this in a CCO the other day and had never heard of it previously. I have approximately 63 MAC shadows and this is the first I've gotten in the Veluxe (not Veluxe Pearl) texture. It is lovely! A deep, smooth, Army green that blends easily and wonderfully. A great CCO find!

I really like this deep rich green to accentuate my hazel eyes. It's actually my first MAC eye color and so far so good. I like to pair it with my chocolate brown Laura Mercier eye color on the outer corners for more sophistication.

One thing that I found trickier and different from all other eye shadows I have - with application I have to be careful to go evenly as sometimes the pigment can settle unevelny on my lids - more in one place than others. Perhaps it's due to MAC's super-pigmentation or I might just not be used to applying their color.

I like their prices and the fact that they don't even bother to add those useless apllicators. Mirrors, on the other hand, I find to be usefull - but I guess I shouldn't expect that for the price.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like this...it CAN be too much on dark skin if not applied in the "right" way. I have worn this all over the lid...and I have worn this with a lighter shade of green (velvet moss in the crease) and i think its brilliant. a keeper. i also LOVE the silky texture...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised by the high ratings of this shadow. I love bright colors, and though this has a nice matte, smooth finish, the color just looked gross on me. I'm a lover of humid, freshwater, and shimmermoss, but I cannot pull off velvet moss. It makes me look sickly 'cause the green has a bit of a yellow-brown base.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely one of the shades that I love the most. I have brown almond shape eyes and I need something to make my my eyes pop out. This is exactly what I need. I apply this to the upper lid and add some dark brown to the outer corners. Then I use my Teale eyeliner and line my eyes. I add some black liner to my upper and lower rim to calm the green down in the liner and mix it with the rest of the colors. This works great for me.

horrible color on me, impossible to apply even the slightest amount without looking bruised

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really do love this shade of green eyshadow. I hate going into sephora and seeing all the brown eyeshadows gone because most women are stuck in that "Oh, I'll just stick with a basic brown" mindset. Brown is so very boring. I love that velvet most can be either a subtle hint of green, or an eyepopper. I wear velvet moss for day or night. During the day, i use a light hand when applying so that the color isn't too intense for the office. At night, I go heavier and apply a more generous amount. I also use a wet lipstick brush to apply the shadow under my eyes like an eyeliner; this really makes by brown eyes pop. They make my eyes appear to be a bit lighter than they normally are. If you have brown eyes, u definitely should try this. As for the price, I got this as a refill for a MAC quad compact. The refill eyeshadow tins for the compacts are about $10. If you are a devoted MAC eyeshadow user, i recommend u go ahead and by the quad compact. If not, i gues you're better off buying the individual shadow pot for $14.