Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash w/witch hazel

Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash w/witch hazel

3.9

Water; Glycerin; Stearic Acid; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; Myristic Acid; Potassium Hydroxide; Lauric Acid; Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel); Polyquaternium-10; Tetrasodium Editronate.

on 3/9/2013 10:24:00 PM

I started using this a few years ago when I became pregnant. I was suffering from moderate acne and did not want to use a regular ance treatment becuaseyou arnt supposed to while pregnant. I knew witchhazel is supposed to be calming so I thought it might help. And I've never looked back. It did not totally clear my acne but I would say my skin looks 80 percent better most of the time. It lathers very well, takes every trace of makeup off and does not leave me dry. It smells nice also. I keep buying this and when I can't find it I go out of my way to get it. I like it a lot and it has been my only facewash for 3 years now.

on 9/14/2011 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sometimes witch hazel is known to treat acne. So when I saw this for so cheap about 3 ish $, I had to get it and try it out.

I'm almost done with the squeeze tube and so far...

It doesn't irritate my skin it's fairly gentle but other than that I haven't really seen any sort of great difference. It takes off my makeup fairly well, but I really haven't had any problems in the past with my other cleansers taking off my makeup. There isn't no wow factor in this cleanser, my skin isn't brighter or clearer, it doesn't treat my acne nor make it worse... Ehh this is an ok cleanser, nothing too special. I'll probably switch back to my old cleanser cause I feel that really helped clear my skin.

I wouldn't mind buying it again only because you get a lot of product for your buck and it works as I mentioned fairly well.

But I would sway this more in the direction for those with normal skin, you know if your skin doesn't need special treatment, in other words if you don't have acne and just want to take off your makeup then this a good product for you.

on 9/7/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Beware if youre skin isnt oily. i used this a few times back in high school. i just bought it without knowing the difference between oily and dry skin. It made me feel tight and stripped soon after rinsing off. Might be great for those with oily skin, but for my normal-ish dry skin no way, will not repurchase

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Basic 2 in 1 Deep Cleansing face wash + Witch hazel toner for everyday use...

Smells awesome .

I bought it to take to South India where it's hot and humid and worst of all , too much air pollution. We need a deep cleanser twice a day over there.

This face wash did all of it's job ( like getting rid of dirt particles ,keeping the shine in control )PERFECTLY over there..I used it every single day ... and Fortunately i didn't get much break outs like i used to while i was there , bcoz of this ' magic ' face wash ???
But I don't find much use of it here in the Midwest Of U.S because it dries out my face more than it's benefits .. May be when i travel where it's hot and humid or pollution , I'll use this ...

I just use the Olay Gentle foaming face wash everyday and either Biore or St.Ives when i need to exfoliate...

on 4/18/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This has NOT been discontinued - it was off the shelves a month or so and is back in new packing. At my grocery stores and WalMart.

on 3/20/2011 10:06:00 AM

I found out about this stuff about a month ago and it is incredible removing makeup. It was super cheap on Amazon using Subscribe and Save.The only bad thing is Amazon informed me it is being discontinued and I won't be getting a shipment of it because of it. I have 3 tubes and hopefully they'll last a long time like other reviewers say they do. Then I'll be on the hunt for another effective cleanser.
EDIT 1/1/13- After using this for awhile it started to dry my skin out terribly. I actually still have a bottle left from when I wrote the original review.

on 2/15/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is very basic. It has a light fragrance, creamy texture, and rinses away clean, without leaving residue. The price is great at about $5 and it is readily available at any drug or grocery store. It can be a bit drying if used morning and night, but if you moisturize properly, that wouldn't be an issue. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I have found other cleansers that work better for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! It doesn't make me break out at all. I currently have some pimples on my face and it does not make them worse. I usually wash my face twice in one time as to make sure my face is really clean and even if I use it that many times a day, it doesn't irritate my skin. Will definitely stick to this cleanser.

on 1/24/2011 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I am on my third bottle of this, this cleanser is great, it cleans so well, takes of my makeup, skin oil/dirt completely. Just a nice, simple cleanser. This has a mild smell, not too bad, it's also really cheap, $5 max. I definitely recommend.

on 11/18/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a few days ago and already enjoy it. I love the fact that this has witch hazel in it and I don't need to use a toner after cleansing. It does everything it says and easily takes off all of my makeup. And it's perfect for my combination skin. My face is actually slightly smoother also, something I wasn't expecting.The only thing I didn't like about this is that it's thicker than what i'm used to and you really have to squeeze the bottle to get anything out. But I will be purchasing this again.