Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased this product a few times and it works really well for me. I use it both as a primer and a highlighter. I can completely understand why this wouldn't work for all women considering it has quite a lot of pink in the luminescence. On my NW20-30 skin tone it works perfectly. It doesn't break me out or cause any sensitivity issues, and does work well to even out my complexion. I love how easily it allows my foundation to glide on, and I feel like it allows me to use less product than I normally would. I suggest going to the Estee Lauder counter and try a sample to make sure it works for you. :)

on 3/4/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Spotlight is a pink pearlized cream that is designed to illuminate and perfect the skin. It can be applied under or mixed with foundation, tapped lightly on high planes of the face after foundation application for a subtle highlight.

For some reason, my knowledge of color theory went straight out the window when I used this under my makeup. Redness + pinkish pigments and a unidentified ingredient = Samantha from Sex And The City after her chemical peel. Have you seen that? Not a good look. I also found it to be grabby. MAC's Strobe Cream (a similar product) is much more smooth.

If you have redness, or you are allergic to this product, try mixing a dot of Advanced Night Repair with your liquid foundation. It's lovely...this concoction makes even Double Wear look natural.

on 1/25/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Loved this years ago and have just recently rediscovered it again. I use it after moisturiser and under foundation just on my cheeks and temples and it does give the most gorgeous glow. On no makeup days I fix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and to even out my skintone which it does beautifully. I'm not religious with wearing this so can't comment on how well it works longterm. Even though it is not classed as a highlighter the glow can be seen under most foundations (I use various ones) from sheer to medium-full coverage and is not too overpowering. It is lightweight so I can use it on my combo-oily skin and does not cause any problems.

Wow - this product is great if you use it for its intended purpose which is a treatment. You can also use it as a primer. I mix a small amount with my Estee Lauder Double Wear. Brilliant. This product is not supposed to be used as an over makeup highlight. This product is classed as skincare, not makeup in their range.

This is the first product i've tested and bought without reading the reviews on here first, and I am really glad i did.
I think i understand why other reviewers have slated this product, but for what I use it for, It's perfect!
I think if you have really pink undertones, and don't wear makeup over the top, it's proabably a disaster in a bottle. However, I have golden/olive undertones, and wear this under my "Matte Finish" makeup brands such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I found the foundation to be a little dull (due to the matte finish), UNTIL I found "Spotlight"! I use this after my moisturiser, and before my makeup application. This pearlescent lotion, whilst may not actually improve skin tone over time with am & pm application (I haven't tested for a long period of time as yet), is perfect for use prior to applying any kind of makeup to establish a natural and radiant glow.
I wouldn't probably use this product on its own, without makeup.

on 10/9/2007 4:54:00 PM

Got started with this when I got a sample in a GWP. It's great. I live in a very hot, humid spot, and many days I don't wear foundation. This gives a "glow" without any weight, it doesn't run, and I can get away with just it, some blush, mascara and lippy.

on 6/9/2007 10:26:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I have lots of blue undertones,,,it's really hard to find eyeshadow/lipstick that's "purple" enough. Spotlight is wonderful under my DW powder (Shell). Works great for me, but would urge caution for those of you with more yellow in your skin.

on 3/5/2006 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product really useful and multi functional! I either use it under foundation on not so good skin days, mix it with foundation if my skin is looking good or use on my cheeks after foundation as a highlighter. I do have to agree that it looks a bit unnaturel if used alone and is a bugger for highlighting any flaws if you don't put makeup over it. But it does give a lovely luminous finish when layered/mixed with foundation. Haven't really been using it long enough to comment on its pigment fading claims.

Colour is unnatural, too pink for my yellow-based skin. It says that it would give al beautifull glow/shine to your cheeks, but I find it more glittering instead of shiny. The package also says that using Spotlight improves your skin, but i did not noticed anything like that. On the contrary, it gave me breakouts, like redness and irritated skin. And it is very overpriced. Terrible!

on 8/27/2004 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OK - forget the 'skin tone perfector' thing. This product adds a nice glow if you use it sparingly on the right places. But I'm sure you can achieve the same effect by an ordinary (and much cheaper!) highlighter. People with wrinkles, blemishes or large pores should also stay away from this. I'm giving it two lippies because you can use it as a highlighter, but this product simply does not live up to its promises.