Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/4/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have just tried this product in-store in comparison with the others, and after getting back to work from the lunch break couldn't figure out where the funny smell is coming from! After short investigation I realized that that was the smell of Spotlight coming from my hand where it was tested.

I totally disliked the smell, and it's very identifiable even after couple of hours of application.

I would encourage everyone to try this primer in the store first, to make sure you like the smell.

on 4/21/2011 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous product gives you a glow without any shimmer,love it.I use it alone over my moisturizer or mix it with my foundation and it gives me a flawless glowing face.

on 1/25/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Loved this years ago and have just recently rediscovered it again. I use it after moisturiser and under foundation just on my cheeks and temples and it does give the most gorgeous glow. On no makeup days I fix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and to even out my skintone which it does beautifully. I'm not religious with wearing this so can't comment on how well it works longterm. Even though it is not classed as a highlighter the glow can be seen under most foundations (I use various ones) from sheer to medium-full coverage and is not too overpowering. It is lightweight so I can use it on my combo-oily skin and does not cause any problems.

This is the first product i've tested and bought without reading the reviews on here first, and I am really glad i did.
I think i understand why other reviewers have slated this product, but for what I use it for, It's perfect!
I think if you have really pink undertones, and don't wear makeup over the top, it's proabably a disaster in a bottle. However, I have golden/olive undertones, and wear this under my "Matte Finish" makeup brands such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I found the foundation to be a little dull (due to the matte finish), UNTIL I found "Spotlight"! I use this after my moisturiser, and before my makeup application. This pearlescent lotion, whilst may not actually improve skin tone over time with am & pm application (I haven't tested for a long period of time as yet), is perfect for use prior to applying any kind of makeup to establish a natural and radiant glow.
I wouldn't probably use this product on its own, without makeup.

on 3/29/2004 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got this in a GWP and so glad I didn't spend a lot of $$ on it. I saw absolutely NO shimmer at all when I applied over my moisturizer. Nor did I see anything when I mixed it with my foundation. Just didn't work for me.