Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

2.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.

on 10/4/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My skin has a rosy tone and if I use only this product, my face looks too pink. But is I use it under foundation or if I mix it with the foundation my face gets a nice healthy glow. I also use it under my eyes because the pink glow that looks unnatural on my face manages to lighten the dark circles under my eyes.

on 11/22/2007 12:56:00 PM

I tend to mix (just a dab) of this product with my foundation (Prescriptives Virtual Skin) and it really helps give my skin that glowing, flawless complexion look. I don't really have acne, but my skin is kind a pinkish tone and more splotchy looking. I still remember the first time I used this product in combination with my foundation (and Origins Look Alive moisturizer), and someone at work was speaking to me and suddenly said, "I just have to tell you, you have the most gorgeous skin." Never thinking my skin was one of my best features, I almost cried! Sometimes I use Chanel's Radiance Revealing Serum (from their Precision line) instead, but I really like Spotlight more. It does give a bit of an iridescent look which not everyone may like, but with my skin tone it seems to work. One thing I don't like is that the product also seems to be marketed as a "skin perfector" that with "regular use" also evens out the skin tone, and I have never found that at all. It gives my skin a glow when I use it, but it's not actually improving the texture or tone of my skin.

on 2/16/2007 8:42:00 AM

This is a weird product & im not too sure how i ended up buying it. It gave my skin a funny blue-ish sheen & made my skin look ruddy & magnified any blemishes. It felt to thick to put foundation on over & i dont really get the point of the product.It was expensive & not worth the money.

This seems really similar to Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Liquid Potion (1 oz., $30), but for me it wasn't as thick as the potion, at least upon application. It looks glowy and kinda nice under makeup and it's okay for a few hours, but my skin is so oily it inevitably turns into a grease stick--not that this is the only thing where that happens. While this wasn't the most terrible product in the world for me, it isn't outstanding either. $32 for 1.7 oz.

on 1/18/2003 5:22:00 PM

i was excited to try this product. unfortunately it just left my face feeling greasy, looking shiny, and glowing purple. not a natural glowing look like i had expected. after using it a few times my face started burning and breaking out. i got rid of this quick.

on 2/19/2002 1:59:00 PM

Ew!

I looked like I was glowing purple and red from this stuff.

Good thing it was a sample, I could not wash it off fast enough.

For a better product, try Prescriptives.