Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 3/4/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Spotlight is a pink pearlized cream that is designed to illuminate and perfect the skin. It can be applied under or mixed with foundation, tapped lightly on high planes of the face after foundation application for a subtle highlight.

For some reason, my knowledge of color theory went straight out the window when I used this under my makeup. Redness + pinkish pigments and a unidentified ingredient = Samantha from Sex And The City after her chemical peel. Have you seen that? Not a good look. I also found it to be grabby. MAC's Strobe Cream (a similar product) is much more smooth.

If you have redness, or you are allergic to this product, try mixing a dot of Advanced Night Repair with your liquid foundation. It's lovely...this concoction makes even Double Wear look natural.

Wow - this product is great if you use it for its intended purpose which is a treatment. You can also use it as a primer. I mix a small amount with my Estee Lauder Double Wear. Brilliant. This product is not supposed to be used as an over makeup highlight. This product is classed as skincare, not makeup in their range.

on 3/5/2006 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product really useful and multi functional! I either use it under foundation on not so good skin days, mix it with foundation if my skin is looking good or use on my cheeks after foundation as a highlighter. I do have to agree that it looks a bit unnaturel if used alone and is a bugger for highlighting any flaws if you don't put makeup over it. But it does give a lovely luminous finish when layered/mixed with foundation. Haven't really been using it long enough to comment on its pigment fading claims.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample from a nice swapper and I was excited to try this on. However, it looks greasy that I don't want to try on my whole face, so I can't comment on the skin improvement quality. I found it is so pink that I can't use it as a highlighter on my forehead, so I start using it only on my cheeks as a blush. It is ok for that job but I wouldn't miss it if I ever run out.

This seems really similar to Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Liquid Potion (1 oz., $30), but for me it wasn't as thick as the potion, at least upon application. It looks glowy and kinda nice under makeup and it's okay for a few hours, but my skin is so oily it inevitably turns into a grease stick--not that this is the only thing where that happens. While this wasn't the most terrible product in the world for me, it isn't outstanding either. $32 for 1.7 oz.

on 2/15/2002 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think EL's light reflective products just don't work as good as Prescriptives' or Mac's. Always seems to make my face look greasy more than radiant.