Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased this product a few times and it works really well for me. I use it both as a primer and a highlighter. I can completely understand why this wouldn't work for all women considering it has quite a lot of pink in the luminescence. On my NW20-30 skin tone it works perfectly. It doesn't break me out or cause any sensitivity issues, and does work well to even out my complexion. I love how easily it allows my foundation to glide on, and I feel like it allows me to use less product than I normally would. I suggest going to the Estee Lauder counter and try a sample to make sure it works for you. :)

on 7/19/2011 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

While I was looking around for skin illuminators...this was the one recommended by the store I was at so I gave it a go...the lady there applied a whole lot of the product on my face and in the store lighting, I thot I looked lyk a diva! I got home and STILL looked gorgeous with a lovely dewy look, skin felt soft and smooth, not sticky and I was pretty sure I would go back there in a few days to splurge! Well, as luck would have it, i actually broke out with just a sample! Got bumpy all over my cheeks and forehead and even then, thought...c'mooon...its estee lauder...can't be the product, it must be ME! So i ended up waiting for a week for my skin to clear with my usual regime and once my skin settled, i went back to an EL counter and tried it on without a brush this tym...jus using my (?clean) fingers. I realised its PINK which is fine...but I needed a lot of product to get that dewy look! My skin tone is a MAC NC 43-44 so that bottle wouldn't last me more than a month of regular usage where it actually shows on me! i DID love the pearlescent finish of my skin. But guess what. The cheek I used it on got bumpy all over again. Guess I won't be buying this product after all.

Excuse me? Do I read right? Skin Tone PERFECTOR???
This stuff breaks me up like hell. I actually use it only when I happen to have some new acne marks since I know I will have to go through the procedure of treating some anyway, so let's make the money wasted on this product worth. How pathetic is that?

1) Packaging: Nice and classy-looking, in pearl-ivory with golden cap and logo. I gave the 1 lippie just because it looks so elegant in my boudoir.

2) Price: For a product that at best does nothing and at worst breaks my skin up, it is expensive. Even for EL. I' rather have spent the money in chocolates, for the same result...

3) Colour: What on earth were they thinking? When I use it, even with the most careful blending, I have the strangest pink shinny patches were the light catches my skin. It does not perfect my tone, just make it weird-looking, even with the tiniest amount used.

4) Staying: under makeup it completely disappears. Now, it was sold to me along with the EL Doublewear on their counter and it is a shame since they should have known better. Nothing shows, zero, nada. I tried it under a sheer foundation and it just blended with it and made a shinny mess. I thought perhaps its my combination complexion, so I tried the blending in the back of my hand... the same. (Of course I have given it appropriate time to "settle" on my skin first, in all cases)

5) Scent: It has a quite strong scent, which does not disappear completely. I personally do not mind.

All in all, the only way I can perfect my skin with it is by not wearing it. Would not repurchase.

on 2/21/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. It has a gorgeous glow when applied. I mix this with my foundation and then apply it on my face. I don't apply it all over because it does look weird on me when applied all over. I put it on the area's I want to highlight. By the way it smells gorgeous! I love it especially because I use a MAC foundation that doesn't really smell but this smells gorgeous. The only thing I don't like about this item is its 25! It will last a while because you only need to use a big.

on 1/26/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. I have fine lines, moderate crows feet, some sun spots, uneven skin tone. You name it I've probably got that issue with my skin.

This is not a highlighter. It is not shimmer. It is not marketed that as a highlighter or a shimmer or a "glitter". Nothing wrong with glitter but at my age I need to keep it off my face. In fact I need to be careful with placement of shimmer as well.

This product is called a tone perfector. It does do it's job. It's very subtle. It's to be applied AFTER moisturizer but BEFORE foundation. However, some people (including me) will sometimes mix it with the moisturizer and wear it that way, or mix it with foundation and wear it that way.

It is fragranced, I don't have a problem with the fragrance as far as no irritation and fragrance that is found in most dept store or high end makeup doesn't bother me but it does bother some.

Ths comes out of the tube as a lotion consistency and is light cream in color. That is until you smooth it out onto your skin that is when you get "glow". Not highlighter, not shimmer (that we've become used to using) and definately not glitter. But a pearly glow. Before you spread it out thinly (use this thinly it's not moisturizer it's a perfector) it will have an interesting reddish pink halo like shimmer but once it is spread thinly, very thinly, you are going to glow.

This is the product I have been searching for and could never find. Other products marketed as highlighters are far too shimmer and glitter.

This will more than likely *not* give dramatic effects to anyone with younger skin. I don't care how much you damaged your skin if you are under 40 you don't have mature skin. You just don't. Be happy you don't because unless you are 6 feet under you will eventually. Trust me I thought it would never happen to me.

Love this product for my mature skin. Aging isn't so much as the fine lines, crows feet, sun spots...etc. It's looking tired all the time. It's the loss of elasticity in the skin that makes you look very tired. This product made me not only look fresh but when I looked in the mirror I actually felt pretty darn good. I paid 27.00 for this product and yes I will repurchase.

on 1/25/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Loved this years ago and have just recently rediscovered it again. I use it after moisturiser and under foundation just on my cheeks and temples and it does give the most gorgeous glow. On no makeup days I fix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and to even out my skintone which it does beautifully. I'm not religious with wearing this so can't comment on how well it works longterm. Even though it is not classed as a highlighter the glow can be seen under most foundations (I use various ones) from sheer to medium-full coverage and is not too overpowering. It is lightweight so I can use it on my combo-oily skin and does not cause any problems.

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.

on 1/6/2010 9:09:00 AM

This doesn't have any glittery specks like a lot of highlighter. It gives a subtle shine, but the problem is that it is too subtle. I can't really tell a big difference after i put it on over my foundation, and I can't tell a difference at all if i put it on under my foundation. If I wear it over foundation, it kinda leaves a pinkish hue that clashes with my skin tone. I do not think it is worth the price, and i will not repurchase.

This is the first product i've tested and bought without reading the reviews on here first, and I am really glad i did.
I think i understand why other reviewers have slated this product, but for what I use it for, It's perfect!
I think if you have really pink undertones, and don't wear makeup over the top, it's proabably a disaster in a bottle. However, I have golden/olive undertones, and wear this under my "Matte Finish" makeup brands such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I found the foundation to be a little dull (due to the matte finish), UNTIL I found "Spotlight"! I use this after my moisturiser, and before my makeup application. This pearlescent lotion, whilst may not actually improve skin tone over time with am & pm application (I haven't tested for a long period of time as yet), is perfect for use prior to applying any kind of makeup to establish a natural and radiant glow.
I wouldn't probably use this product on its own, without makeup.

on 7/26/2008 6:00:00 PM

Love this product! It gives a pearly gleam to the skin which is more subtle and less greasy than Revlon Softlights or Ultima Glowtion. It's similar to MAC Strobe Cream, but I think the tones are a little more soft and flattering, and slightly less pink, which is good if you suffer from high colouring and do not want to emphasize any redness. The overall effect is a sort of light peachy-toned mother-of-pearl finish, which diminishes pores and evens skintone. It's particularly good if you use a powder foundation as it will stop it looking too matt or dead. It's also great on its own if you have reasonably good skin. There are a couple of comments about it being oily or separating but in my experience this only ever happens if you try to resurrect an old tube that has been sitting around for years. If you want lovely polished subtly glowing expensive-looking skin rather than out-and-out teenage glitter and shimmer this is the one for you!