Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

I have been using Spotlight for years and years....I'm SO disappointed to find out that this product has been discontinued!! I'm even more upset finding out long after that it is no longer. Nothing would of stopped me from buying as many as I could for the future. Very disappointed in ALL of the Estee Lauder ladies at Younkers in Jackson MI for not passing this information along. I have a contact card with them and I can get calls left and right when there is a promotion going on but not when one of my favorite beauty products of all time is nearing its demise. I even called last week to ask them about it and they said they've NEVER received information from Estee Lauder that its been discontinued and they will be receiving more on there next truck. This was MY must in my makeup bag. :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This was another product I WANTED to like, but just couldn't! I love the scent and the bottle! Besides that I don't like it. It seem to highlight my freckles YUCK! it made pink rings form around clusters of them. It also made blemishes appear RED! I tried it under my foundation and it completley fades after some minutes. Did not help even my skin tone

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This works OK with me--I did look a bit more luminous and I do like the squeeze bottle. What I DON'T like is that one of the main ingredients is "corn oil." I read that and was like, "What the heck?" Silicone I could understand, but I don't know what makes EL think that anyone, regardless of skin type, would want to put corn oil on her face. As a primer it's good, but I won't buy it again d/t the corn oil ingredient.

on 8/15/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

EL Spotlight is a pale pink pearl-shimmer highlighter, not a treatment. It's comparable to MAC Strobe and Nars Illuminator in Copacabana, though more of a lotion texture and it's pinker than these other two. Great as an underbrow highlighter. You can also mix it with foundation.

on 6/22/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this product even though I haven't bought it for a while. I'm in the midst of a love affair with BeneFit's Moonbeam so I've betrayed it!

But this is gorgeous, the glow it gives you is so natural and not glittery which is something I find with a lot of illuminators. I have oily skin and I've never had a problem with this unlike some of the other poor reviewers I've read.

Good product, just a tad pricey for what it actually does.

on 5/20/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spotlight is classified as a skin care product and claims to reduce uneven skin tone while producing a healthy radiance. Since Im new to the product I cant yet comment on improved skin tone but what I can tell you is that Spotlight makes my skin look and feel amazing. It gives the skin a very slight pearlescent sheen which is dewy and natural looking. My dry, sensitive skin loves this especially after a long Canadian winter, but I'm not sure how well this would do on oily skin as it definitely adds a slight shine/radiance to your complexion. Ive been wearing it as a primer, under my foundation, but you can also use it alone, on top of your moisturizer. The Estee Lauder website even recommends mixing it with your moisturizer which I have yet to try. This one is a keeper!

Excuse me? Do I read right? Skin Tone PERFECTOR???
This stuff breaks me up like hell. I actually use it only when I happen to have some new acne marks since I know I will have to go through the procedure of treating some anyway, so let's make the money wasted on this product worth. How pathetic is that?

1) Packaging: Nice and classy-looking, in pearl-ivory with golden cap and logo. I gave the 1 lippie just because it looks so elegant in my boudoir.

2) Price: For a product that at best does nothing and at worst breaks my skin up, it is expensive. Even for EL. I' rather have spent the money in chocolates, for the same result...

3) Colour: What on earth were they thinking? When I use it, even with the most careful blending, I have the strangest pink shinny patches were the light catches my skin. It does not perfect my tone, just make it weird-looking, even with the tiniest amount used.

4) Staying: under makeup it completely disappears. Now, it was sold to me along with the EL Doublewear on their counter and it is a shame since they should have known better. Nothing shows, zero, nada. I tried it under a sheer foundation and it just blended with it and made a shinny mess. I thought perhaps its my combination complexion, so I tried the blending in the back of my hand... the same. (Of course I have given it appropriate time to "settle" on my skin first, in all cases)

5) Scent: It has a quite strong scent, which does not disappear completely. I personally do not mind.

All in all, the only way I can perfect my skin with it is by not wearing it. Would not repurchase.

on 10/18/2010 6:01:00 PM

What a beautiful product

I mix it in with my Double Wear every day. It makes it apply more smoothly and really does give an 'airbrushed', luminous finish.
Cant speak for its tone improving abilities though. If it were to do anything I dont see how applying it over moisturiser as directed would do it...Id apply it before.

This wont give you what you want if you apply it over your foundation.

I dont think Id buy it again because in Australia, its $72! If I had the money when I run out though...I probably will!

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.

Wow - this product is great if you use it for its intended purpose which is a treatment. You can also use it as a primer. I mix a small amount with my Estee Lauder Double Wear. Brilliant. This product is not supposed to be used as an over makeup highlight. This product is classed as skincare, not makeup in their range.