Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

I have been using Spotlight for years and years....I'm SO disappointed to find out that this product has been discontinued!! I'm even more upset finding out long after that it is no longer. Nothing would of stopped me from buying as many as I could for the future. Very disappointed in ALL of the Estee Lauder ladies at Younkers in Jackson MI for not passing this information along. I have a contact card with them and I can get calls left and right when there is a promotion going on but not when one of my favorite beauty products of all time is nearing its demise. I even called last week to ask them about it and they said they've NEVER received information from Estee Lauder that its been discontinued and they will be receiving more on there next truck. This was MY must in my makeup bag. :(

on 3/11/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Perfectly named....I sometimes use after I put on my foundation and tap it around the outer eye area which opens up my eyes. I also tap a little over my upper lip line - looks great! Also mix with my heavier foundations which gives a nice glow. I'll probably have to always have this in my makeup arsenal...too multi-purpose to do without.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased this product a few times and it works really well for me. I use it both as a primer and a highlighter. I can completely understand why this wouldn't work for all women considering it has quite a lot of pink in the luminescence. On my NW20-30 skin tone it works perfectly. It doesn't break me out or cause any sensitivity issues, and does work well to even out my complexion. I love how easily it allows my foundation to glide on, and I feel like it allows me to use less product than I normally would. I suggest going to the Estee Lauder counter and try a sample to make sure it works for you. :)

This is a lovely primer for me. It makes my smooth but slightly tired skin look beautiful, young and fresh. Despite the odd pinky colour when squeezed from the tube, the effect is subtle and fresh. - no glitter or obvious shine -just radiance. I have used it for years over moisturiser, under foundation.I've tried numerous alternatives including Laura Mercier, Benefit, Clinique but this wins hands down for me.

on 8/15/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

EL Spotlight is a pale pink pearl-shimmer highlighter, not a treatment. It's comparable to MAC Strobe and Nars Illuminator in Copacabana, though more of a lotion texture and it's pinker than these other two. Great as an underbrow highlighter. You can also mix it with foundation.

on 5/20/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spotlight is classified as a skin care product and claims to reduce uneven skin tone while producing a healthy radiance. Since Im new to the product I cant yet comment on improved skin tone but what I can tell you is that Spotlight makes my skin look and feel amazing. It gives the skin a very slight pearlescent sheen which is dewy and natural looking. My dry, sensitive skin loves this especially after a long Canadian winter, but I'm not sure how well this would do on oily skin as it definitely adds a slight shine/radiance to your complexion. Ive been wearing it as a primer, under my foundation, but you can also use it alone, on top of your moisturizer. The Estee Lauder website even recommends mixing it with your moisturizer which I have yet to try. This one is a keeper!

on 1/26/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. I have fine lines, moderate crows feet, some sun spots, uneven skin tone. You name it I've probably got that issue with my skin.

This is not a highlighter. It is not shimmer. It is not marketed that as a highlighter or a shimmer or a "glitter". Nothing wrong with glitter but at my age I need to keep it off my face. In fact I need to be careful with placement of shimmer as well.

This product is called a tone perfector. It does do it's job. It's very subtle. It's to be applied AFTER moisturizer but BEFORE foundation. However, some people (including me) will sometimes mix it with the moisturizer and wear it that way, or mix it with foundation and wear it that way.

It is fragranced, I don't have a problem with the fragrance as far as no irritation and fragrance that is found in most dept store or high end makeup doesn't bother me but it does bother some.

Ths comes out of the tube as a lotion consistency and is light cream in color. That is until you smooth it out onto your skin that is when you get "glow". Not highlighter, not shimmer (that we've become used to using) and definately not glitter. But a pearly glow. Before you spread it out thinly (use this thinly it's not moisturizer it's a perfector) it will have an interesting reddish pink halo like shimmer but once it is spread thinly, very thinly, you are going to glow.

This is the product I have been searching for and could never find. Other products marketed as highlighters are far too shimmer and glitter.

This will more than likely *not* give dramatic effects to anyone with younger skin. I don't care how much you damaged your skin if you are under 40 you don't have mature skin. You just don't. Be happy you don't because unless you are 6 feet under you will eventually. Trust me I thought it would never happen to me.

Love this product for my mature skin. Aging isn't so much as the fine lines, crows feet, sun spots...etc. It's looking tired all the time. It's the loss of elasticity in the skin that makes you look very tired. This product made me not only look fresh but when I looked in the mirror I actually felt pretty darn good. I paid 27.00 for this product and yes I will repurchase.

on 1/25/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Loved this years ago and have just recently rediscovered it again. I use it after moisturiser and under foundation just on my cheeks and temples and it does give the most gorgeous glow. On no makeup days I fix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and to even out my skintone which it does beautifully. I'm not religious with wearing this so can't comment on how well it works longterm. Even though it is not classed as a highlighter the glow can be seen under most foundations (I use various ones) from sheer to medium-full coverage and is not too overpowering. It is lightweight so I can use it on my combo-oily skin and does not cause any problems.

on 10/18/2010 6:01:00 PM

What a beautiful product

I mix it in with my Double Wear every day. It makes it apply more smoothly and really does give an 'airbrushed', luminous finish.
Cant speak for its tone improving abilities though. If it were to do anything I dont see how applying it over moisturiser as directed would do it...Id apply it before.

This wont give you what you want if you apply it over your foundation.

I dont think Id buy it again because in Australia, its $72! If I had the money when I run out though...I probably will!

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.