Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 3/4/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Spotlight is a pink pearlized cream that is designed to illuminate and perfect the skin. It can be applied under or mixed with foundation, tapped lightly on high planes of the face after foundation application for a subtle highlight.

For some reason, my knowledge of color theory went straight out the window when I used this under my makeup. Redness + pinkish pigments and a unidentified ingredient = Samantha from Sex And The City after her chemical peel. Have you seen that? Not a good look. I also found it to be grabby. MAC's Strobe Cream (a similar product) is much more smooth.

If you have redness, or you are allergic to this product, try mixing a dot of Advanced Night Repair with your liquid foundation. It's lovely...this concoction makes even Double Wear look natural.

Excuse me? Do I read right? Skin Tone PERFECTOR???
This stuff breaks me up like hell. I actually use it only when I happen to have some new acne marks since I know I will have to go through the procedure of treating some anyway, so let's make the money wasted on this product worth. How pathetic is that?

1) Packaging: Nice and classy-looking, in pearl-ivory with golden cap and logo. I gave the 1 lippie just because it looks so elegant in my boudoir.

2) Price: For a product that at best does nothing and at worst breaks my skin up, it is expensive. Even for EL. I' rather have spent the money in chocolates, for the same result...

3) Colour: What on earth were they thinking? When I use it, even with the most careful blending, I have the strangest pink shinny patches were the light catches my skin. It does not perfect my tone, just make it weird-looking, even with the tiniest amount used.

4) Staying: under makeup it completely disappears. Now, it was sold to me along with the EL Doublewear on their counter and it is a shame since they should have known better. Nothing shows, zero, nada. I tried it under a sheer foundation and it just blended with it and made a shinny mess. I thought perhaps its my combination complexion, so I tried the blending in the back of my hand... the same. (Of course I have given it appropriate time to "settle" on my skin first, in all cases)

5) Scent: It has a quite strong scent, which does not disappear completely. I personally do not mind.

All in all, the only way I can perfect my skin with it is by not wearing it. Would not repurchase.

on 3/19/2007 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This does nothing for your skin. A few years ago it was the Boon of EL. Every time I walked into Macys to purchase makeup or fragrance. The EL girls would try to push Spotlight on me. I bought it and it did not give my skin a glow in the least. I felt like I wasted my money. Later someone told me I should not bother to use it with Doublewear. Doublewear covers the spolight glow. Typical EL ignorant counter girls wasting my money on their commissions. They convinced me to buy it and knew I only use Doublewear. It caused me to be very skeptical of their product pushes in the future.

I should add that maybe if you have PERFECT skin with no blemishes or any redness this might be just great. For me it was a waste. I think Loreal, Revlon and Cover girl all make a similar product for half the amount. Try that first.

on 2/16/2007 8:42:00 AM

This is a weird product & im not too sure how i ended up buying it. It gave my skin a funny blue-ish sheen & made my skin look ruddy & magnified any blemishes. It felt to thick to put foundation on over & i dont really get the point of the product.It was expensive & not worth the money.

As always, Estee Lauder does its best at packaging and publicity, it smells nice and everything but, unless you want a fake doll-looking face, aka Jodie Marsh, stay away from this one as it is way too pink and shimmery for face

Thank god I didn't actually purchase this at the store. A lady I babysit for has tons of expensive brand name makeup and estee lauder happens to be one of them. Anyways, she told me take anything I wanted since she was getting rid of a lot of this stuff and I happened to pick ths up. I tried it twice. Never again!! It broke me out in little bumps on my cheeks! Right off the bat I knew it had to be this stuff since I haven't introduced any new products to my face except for spotlight. Plus, once I stopped using it all those little acne bumps cleared up.

If you have dry skin it may work

for those with oily t-zone forget it!

weird pink color...yuck

on 1/22/2005 6:40:00 PM

I originally bought this product because the SA told me it would give me a nice rosy glow to my skin. I never used the product long enough to find out, because I soon started having rashes and red bumps as soon as I used. In addition, instead of giving me a rosy glow, all I had was wierd pink sparkles on my face instead of blending in, even after I put my mosturizer and makeup. The product is simply too pink to be used effectively as a highlighter, and the sparkles emphasize any skin flaws rather than even it out. Overall, I would say this was waste of money.

on 12/16/2004 10:48:00 PM

I got this free as a GWP, it probably wouldnt have occured to me to buy this one as I am not a great fan of Estee's skin care products although I love the make up and perfumes. Spotlight is a kind of irridescent glow cream, a bit reminiscent of benefit moonbeam in colour, maybe a little more purply/pink. Unfortunately this doesnt work for me at all, makes my skin colour look bizzare makes my skin feel slippery textured and gives me spots, It reminds me a bit of L'oreal visible results on all of the above counts. It also costs a bomb! Not recommended.

Colour is unnatural, too pink for my yellow-based skin. It says that it would give al beautifull glow/shine to your cheeks, but I find it more glittering instead of shiny. The package also says that using Spotlight improves your skin, but i did not noticed anything like that. On the contrary, it gave me breakouts, like redness and irritated skin. And it is very overpriced. Terrible!