Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/26/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. I have fine lines, moderate crows feet, some sun spots, uneven skin tone. You name it I've probably got that issue with my skin.

This is not a highlighter. It is not shimmer. It is not marketed that as a highlighter or a shimmer or a "glitter". Nothing wrong with glitter but at my age I need to keep it off my face. In fact I need to be careful with placement of shimmer as well.

This product is called a tone perfector. It does do it's job. It's very subtle. It's to be applied AFTER moisturizer but BEFORE foundation. However, some people (including me) will sometimes mix it with the moisturizer and wear it that way, or mix it with foundation and wear it that way.

It is fragranced, I don't have a problem with the fragrance as far as no irritation and fragrance that is found in most dept store or high end makeup doesn't bother me but it does bother some.

Ths comes out of the tube as a lotion consistency and is light cream in color. That is until you smooth it out onto your skin that is when you get "glow". Not highlighter, not shimmer (that we've become used to using) and definately not glitter. But a pearly glow. Before you spread it out thinly (use this thinly it's not moisturizer it's a perfector) it will have an interesting reddish pink halo like shimmer but once it is spread thinly, very thinly, you are going to glow.

This is the product I have been searching for and could never find. Other products marketed as highlighters are far too shimmer and glitter.

This will more than likely *not* give dramatic effects to anyone with younger skin. I don't care how much you damaged your skin if you are under 40 you don't have mature skin. You just don't. Be happy you don't because unless you are 6 feet under you will eventually. Trust me I thought it would never happen to me.

Love this product for my mature skin. Aging isn't so much as the fine lines, crows feet, sun spots...etc. It's looking tired all the time. It's the loss of elasticity in the skin that makes you look very tired. This product made me not only look fresh but when I looked in the mirror I actually felt pretty darn good. I paid 27.00 for this product and yes I will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

'Spotlight Skin Tone Perfector" by Estee Lauder is a makeup dream:) It's to be used as a base or can be mixed with your foundation to even out skin tone. I most often use by itself, after regular moisturizing, let it dry and sometimes, add a bit of blush or bronzer. It's not greasy and a little goes a long way. It makes my skin 'glow' even when I feel particularly tired, etc. It's about $32, in a tube so you can control the amount and has a tiny bit of illuminating quality so your face is 'highlighted' in a natural-looking way. I always dab a bit on my forehead, nose & chin too= overall 'natural' effect. I'm really happy that it gives me no acne reactions or oil as I'm prone to both with certain products, even though I'm 44;( I will continue to use this product & recommended it to a friend who has become a 'convert' too!

on 12/25/2006 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

48 years old. I love this stuff! Just bought it a few days ago. I was standing at the EL counter at Macys when a sales lady (who didn't work for Lauder) approached me. She asked if she could help me. She was around 60 years old and wore DW. I was looking in the mirror at my Double Wear (which I had worn all day). Told her that I thought it looked a little masky. She recommended that I put a little Spotlight over the DW. Amazing difference. She said that she mixed a little Spotlight in with her DW. So I bought the Spotlight and for a few days now, I have been mixing the Spotlight with the DW. Applying with my foundation brush. What a difference! DW is now more of a radiant foundation instead of a matte foundation. DW still had the same staying power and coverage as before (if not better). I did not notice any color change with DW when applying over the foundation or mixing it with the DW. Great product! Multiple uses!

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.

on 7/26/2008 6:00:00 PM

Love this product! It gives a pearly gleam to the skin which is more subtle and less greasy than Revlon Softlights or Ultima Glowtion. It's similar to MAC Strobe Cream, but I think the tones are a little more soft and flattering, and slightly less pink, which is good if you suffer from high colouring and do not want to emphasize any redness. The overall effect is a sort of light peachy-toned mother-of-pearl finish, which diminishes pores and evens skintone. It's particularly good if you use a powder foundation as it will stop it looking too matt or dead. It's also great on its own if you have reasonably good skin. There are a couple of comments about it being oily or separating but in my experience this only ever happens if you try to resurrect an old tube that has been sitting around for years. If you want lovely polished subtly glowing expensive-looking skin rather than out-and-out teenage glitter and shimmer this is the one for you!

This is the first product i've tested and bought without reading the reviews on here first, and I am really glad i did.
I think i understand why other reviewers have slated this product, but for what I use it for, It's perfect!
I think if you have really pink undertones, and don't wear makeup over the top, it's proabably a disaster in a bottle. However, I have golden/olive undertones, and wear this under my "Matte Finish" makeup brands such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I found the foundation to be a little dull (due to the matte finish), UNTIL I found "Spotlight"! I use this after my moisturiser, and before my makeup application. This pearlescent lotion, whilst may not actually improve skin tone over time with am & pm application (I haven't tested for a long period of time as yet), is perfect for use prior to applying any kind of makeup to establish a natural and radiant glow.
I wouldn't probably use this product on its own, without makeup.

on 3/11/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Perfectly named....I sometimes use after I put on my foundation and tap it around the outer eye area which opens up my eyes. I also tap a little over my upper lip line - looks great! Also mix with my heavier foundations which gives a nice glow. I'll probably have to always have this in my makeup arsenal...too multi-purpose to do without.

on 5/20/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spotlight is classified as a skin care product and claims to reduce uneven skin tone while producing a healthy radiance. Since Im new to the product I cant yet comment on improved skin tone but what I can tell you is that Spotlight makes my skin look and feel amazing. It gives the skin a very slight pearlescent sheen which is dewy and natural looking. My dry, sensitive skin loves this especially after a long Canadian winter, but I'm not sure how well this would do on oily skin as it definitely adds a slight shine/radiance to your complexion. Ive been wearing it as a primer, under my foundation, but you can also use it alone, on top of your moisturizer. The Estee Lauder website even recommends mixing it with your moisturizer which I have yet to try. This one is a keeper!

on 10/4/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My skin has a rosy tone and if I use only this product, my face looks too pink. But is I use it under foundation or if I mix it with the foundation my face gets a nice healthy glow. I also use it under my eyes because the pink glow that looks unnatural on my face manages to lighten the dark circles under my eyes.

on 5/29/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product will make your skin look absolutely beautiful, it diminishes fine lines and in my opinion gives you that perfect supermodel glow. BUT - and its a big but - its just not suitable for my oily skin. I used to be acne prone but hadnt had a break out for about 18mnths. After i used this however, i got whiteheads all over my face. I'm really dissapointed, not in the product but just the fact that i can't wear it. If you have the type of skin that never reacts to products then you're very lucky that you can use this.