Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased this product a few times and it works really well for me. I use it both as a primer and a highlighter. I can completely understand why this wouldn't work for all women considering it has quite a lot of pink in the luminescence. On my NW20-30 skin tone it works perfectly. It doesn't break me out or cause any sensitivity issues, and does work well to even out my complexion. I love how easily it allows my foundation to glide on, and I feel like it allows me to use less product than I normally would. I suggest going to the Estee Lauder counter and try a sample to make sure it works for you. :)

on 6/22/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this product even though I haven't bought it for a while. I'm in the midst of a love affair with BeneFit's Moonbeam so I've betrayed it!

But this is gorgeous, the glow it gives you is so natural and not glittery which is something I find with a lot of illuminators. I have oily skin and I've never had a problem with this unlike some of the other poor reviewers I've read.

Good product, just a tad pricey for what it actually does.

on 10/18/2010 6:01:00 PM

What a beautiful product

I mix it in with my Double Wear every day. It makes it apply more smoothly and really does give an 'airbrushed', luminous finish.
Cant speak for its tone improving abilities though. If it were to do anything I dont see how applying it over moisturiser as directed would do it...Id apply it before.

This wont give you what you want if you apply it over your foundation.

I dont think Id buy it again because in Australia, its $72! If I had the money when I run out though...I probably will!

on 12/20/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product gives my skin a amazing glow! Every single time I wear this I get a compliment on how nice my skin looks.It is great,a little dab goes a long way.I wear this under my foundation and it does wonders.

This is the first product i've tested and bought without reading the reviews on here first, and I am really glad i did.
I think i understand why other reviewers have slated this product, but for what I use it for, It's perfect!
I think if you have really pink undertones, and don't wear makeup over the top, it's proabably a disaster in a bottle. However, I have golden/olive undertones, and wear this under my "Matte Finish" makeup brands such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I found the foundation to be a little dull (due to the matte finish), UNTIL I found "Spotlight"! I use this after my moisturiser, and before my makeup application. This pearlescent lotion, whilst may not actually improve skin tone over time with am & pm application (I haven't tested for a long period of time as yet), is perfect for use prior to applying any kind of makeup to establish a natural and radiant glow.
I wouldn't probably use this product on its own, without makeup.

on 10/4/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My skin has a rosy tone and if I use only this product, my face looks too pink. But is I use it under foundation or if I mix it with the foundation my face gets a nice healthy glow. I also use it under my eyes because the pink glow that looks unnatural on my face manages to lighten the dark circles under my eyes.

on 5/29/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product will make your skin look absolutely beautiful, it diminishes fine lines and in my opinion gives you that perfect supermodel glow. BUT - and its a big but - its just not suitable for my oily skin. I used to be acne prone but hadnt had a break out for about 18mnths. After i used this however, i got whiteheads all over my face. I'm really dissapointed, not in the product but just the fact that i can't wear it. If you have the type of skin that never reacts to products then you're very lucky that you can use this.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoy this product because it gives your skin a nice healthy glow. Instantly! Put it over your moisturizer, under your foundation (or just on it's own). It's full of protective anti-oxidants (including Vitamins C, E and natural botanicals) which even out skin tone, fight discolorations and fight free radicals. Definitely a nice pick me up for your skin.

I finally figured out what was making me break out for all those months. It was El Spotlight. Generally I love EL products. I have never had a problem with anything EL making me break out until I used this product. The spotlight always made my skin look pretty, but it was so oily and clogged my pores. Also, if you don't shake the bottle before each use, the oil separates and you will squeeze pure oil right out of the tube.

on 2/16/2007 8:42:00 AM

This is a weird product & im not too sure how i ended up buying it. It gave my skin a funny blue-ish sheen & made my skin look ruddy & magnified any blemishes. It felt to thick to put foundation on over & i dont really get the point of the product.It was expensive & not worth the money.