Uploaded by Tovah

price range

Reviews

2.0

Oct/08/2018

A slightly murky citrus with sharp acidic edges. Not good on me. Didn't make me scream and run for the sink,though, so it's not one star.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

fromTovah

Feb/23/2018

This is along the lines of Escada's never-ending line of vacationey fragrances, Pacifica's bright fruity-florals, and classics like Calyx. Carnelian takes a fruit salad and makes it not just wearable, but alluring. If I was a wearer of fruit fragrances I would probably love it. However, aside from the polarizing Aqua Allegoria Pampleune, which I adore, I don't own a single perfume …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

1.0

Jan/02/2007

I did try the Carnelian as a sample since there was a big rave about the similarity to Citrus Dream by Jalaine. First of all I dont see it less expensive as the Jalaine. Probably only by a fraction. Second the smell is horrible to me. I do adore the Citrus Dream and it is a soft citrus scent with a creamy touch on my skin. The Carnelian has (this is my personal view on it) no similarity in the …Read more

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

3.0

Aug/03/2005

Tarty, spicy and a bit sweet. I really like this one. very lomg lasting and I think better suited for the summer time due to the orangy tangy smell to it. kind has a tropical smell to it. one of my favs =)

About reviewer (411 reviews)

HairBrown

Jul/14/2005

Due to a supporting cast of mango and papaya, Carnelian wins the prize position as best, brightest, juiciest blood orange scent around, and believe me, I've tried a lot! Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterrano Arancia smells green and herbal in comparison. Two problems however. Firstly, I'm not a huge fan of the white musk accord that is so prominent here, and in all of Sage Machado's …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (848 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBlack

fromBasiaS

Jun/21/2005

Soft citrus fragrance with a sweet fruity heart and a soft musk drydown. One of the few citrus fragrances that does not make me want to run, since it wears close to the skin and does not smell artificial. The scent also remains true on my skin, which is something I can't say for all Sage oils. I need a bottle of this!

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

Nov/29/2004

If I wanted to smell like a sweet creamy mandarin orange I would just go peel an orange and not wash my hands afterwards. Just no. There is nothing special about it (except that several weeks later it continues to grow on me and is lovely when layered hence why I upped my review from 1 point to 3).

About reviewer (772 reviews)

Age30-35

Jul/14/2004

What a beautiful scent! I have tried all of the Sage oils, and this is definitely in my top 2 or 3. It's a beautiful, deep citrus, but not at all sharp or tart the way that some citrus scents can be. I can't pick out any individual notes, but I can tell you that it has a very wearable, girl-next-door kind of quality to it. If only it weren't quite so pricey. . .

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (312 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBrunette

1.0

May/29/2004

Ooof! This was absolutely dreadful on me! On my skin, this smells exactly like Tang, the powdered orange drink mix. While astronauts may drink Tang, I certainly do not wish to smell like it. Huge disappointment, as I generally love citrus frags.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

fromInez

May/13/2004

At first sniff, I had to get used to this scent. I am normally not a real fruit lover. But, as this gem is my birthstone, I needed to give this a real chance.
And, after I let it drydown, about an hour, the overwhelming tangueriny thing faded away some, and there was a very charming soft cozy scent!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43