Maybelline Roller Color in Twirlin Taupe

No Image

3.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This color is very pretty...not very pigmented, but I didn't expect it to be. I don't like the idea of a roll-on shadow, but I had to get this because the color was so beautiful. Because I don't enjoy the roller, I'll be taking the top off (it just pops off easily) and dumping it into a 5-gram jar and using it like that. It's such a pretty color, I couldn't just throw it out because of the crappy packaing (Maybelline isn't the best with their packaging.) I'll rebuy if they have other pretty colors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This eye shadow is truly one of my favorites of all time. The color is a nice light shimmery taupe with lots of silver glitter. It kind of reminds me of the "Midnight" shadows from Urban Decay in terms of glitter effect and color spectrum. The packaging is absolutley genius. You just shake the little tube up and down for about three times, unscrew the cap, apply directly to your eyes, and use your fingertips to smooth and blend it. These roller color shadows are becoming more and more difficult to find in drugstores and super markets. If they discontinue these shadows I will be forever angry at the Maybelline New York people!!!! LOL! I really like this and would repurchase this along with more colors and reccomend them to anyone if they can still be found.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

How awesome is this? You just roll it on your eyeballs, tap it a little with your finger for smooth things out, and it looks killer. The dispenser also makes it easy to press it into the inner corners of your eyes and leave a nice little dot of twinkle there. This color is sparkly and wakes up my eyes without being ostentatious or disco-ball-ish.

on 10/8/2006 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I love this too! And, popped off that useless roller cap and put the powder into a jar. It's GORGEOUS, a sparkly cool/neutral taupe that reminds me of L'Oreal's OTL in Orb. As with any eyeshadow, I use a base first (Lumene for me) and never have any problem with fading or creasing. I dare say, anyone could wear this shade for an understated but beautiful eye!!!

on 10/8/2006 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so much that I opened it up and emptied it into a MAC pigment jar. It's 3/4 full so there is a lot of product involved here. I usually use this wet as a wash and it's really more champagne than taupe on me. Shimmery but not glittery and very natural and understated. My new no-brainer eyeshadow! Goes with everything and under $3!

on 6/16/2006 12:46:00 PM

Light, sparkly, silvery-taupe with a slight beigey rosy cast. Not a remarkable color, as nearly every makeup line ever has something like this, but it's cheap and in a nice formulation (loose, finely-milled powder that's sheer but also fairly well-pigmented and buildable). The packaging is stoo-pid since the rollerball is kinda big and you can easily get product on places you don't want it to go. I think you can probably pop the ball out and pour this into an empty sample jar (or pill case) and use it that way too. Pretty good lasting power, though I don't usually have a problem with that. I won't repurchase as I have some taupes that I like better than this.

Oh my god... it's happening again.. Are the other reviewers reviewing the same product as me??? This stuff is TERRIBLE!!! Why? OK. Firstly, the little roller thing is completely useless. It deposits very very little eyeshadow so you spend all your time shakin and shakin and rollin and shakin and shaking and you still have no eyeshadow on, it's an awkward shape so it's hard to apply and it hurts!!!. Yes it hurts!! :o( You can't get the rollerthing in all the corners of your eyelid so you have to dab it with your finger but all the eyeshadow (if you actually get some out of the tube) gets stuck on your finger instead of your eye. Tt has NO staying power. None. Apply it, 5 minutes later it's ALL gone. Pretty pointless applying it. It's an awful colour. Yuck. Pros? uuumm it's cheap. I won mine in a trivia night. Thankin' my lucky stars I didn't actually purchase it like the other poor suckers. Don't bother. Don't listen to the other reviewers, this stuff SUCKS!!!

on 12/21/2005 3:05:00 PM

This eyeshadow is gorgeous but doesn't look fantastic by itsself. It wears much lighter than it looks in the tube, so it makes a better shimmer or brow-highlighter. I wear it over darker eyeshadows to make them shimmer and sparkle, which works great. It's mega sparkle but not garish or glittery. It's just better used coupled with another shadow. I MIGHT buy this again.

I got this as a bonus when buying the liquid liner, and it's really not a bad eyeshadow at all. The staying power is alright, it lasts a few hours without creasing, then it starts fading after awhile. It has a little less shimmer than I'd like, and this colour is a very neutral shimmery beige, but it looks great on top of my Clinique touch tints. I would try it again in a different shade perhaps, and I was surprised at how well the roller applied the product.

on 9/14/2005 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mom bought this because she doesnt know how to put make up
and its looks worst than if she actually tried to put real make-up onI tried it out of curiousity....IT SUCKS
Here a good tip and save pennies, go buy something else. continued >>