Linda Sy Linda Sy Liquid Makeup with Sunscreen

No Image

3.3

on 10/23/2006 5:14:00 PM

I started out by getting samples of this: one in golden light and one in golden medium. I am exactly in-between in color and had I tried just either without mixing would probably give a bad review. (Ideally, Linda Sy would provide cheaper smaller bottles for us to mix to compensate for the very few color choices.)

That said, after I mixed the two samples, it was perfect for me in both color and consistency! I have very sensitive skin with very mild rosacea. My cheeks always feel warm. I get small bumpy breakouts around the corners or my mouth.

This stuff doesn't irritate my skin at all. My cheeks don't feel warm wearing it, and it also passes the utimate test for me which means I don't get any of those little mini zits around my mouth! I only apply a little and it feels very light on my skin.

The only things I don't like about this is that I wish it was a zinc oxide only sunscreen instead, and I wish it was free of chemical preservatives.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was sent a sample of the Golden Medium Liquid Makeup. I tend to have a rosy complexion, but the Golden Medium (recommended for olive/medium skin) is the perfect colour for my "rosy" skin.

I have very oily skin, and i found the Liquid Makeup to provide the ok coverage. It is totally non-irritating, but does not control oil ALL day (yet i have not found any foundation that can do this). So not bad.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Linda Sy's Green Cream may be the fountain of youth and the Holy Grail rolled into one, but the makeup has to be one of the worst I've tried. I decided to try the makeup because of the Green Cream. Thank goodness this was a sample. I tried the Rose Light tint, which she recommends for fair pinkish skin. The color totally washed me out and didn't really cover the pink in my skin. I've always heard that if you have pink in your skin, you should wear makeup with a yellowish tint. However, they did not recommend that. The feel of the makeup was immediately heavy, greasy, and sticky. It has a sunscreen in it, and I smelled like suntan lotion. A big UGH and YUCK from me.