Lancome Colour Dose Lips and Cheeks

No Image

4.5

on 11/18/2004 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm in love! I just got Paris Chic Colour Dose in swap and it's everything I hoped it would be! This stuff is fantastic. Paris Chic is a color that I would imagine to be universally flattering (it's a muted pinky/bronzy/brown) and just makes you look like you at your best. It gives you a natural glow and when I say 'natural', I mean NATURAL..none of this 'just came in from the cold' stuff which, let's face it, really doesn't look very natural at all because in order for it to do so, we'd have to be in a perpetual state of coming in from the cold! Conversely, there is enough pink and brown in the gel that the 'glow' you get doesn't make your coworkers at WalMart harbour suspicions that you've been stealing off to St. Tropez on the weekends. Anyway,this stuff spreads wonderfully, has all kinds of layering possibilities-I wear it barely there, but you could keep applying the gel and really make the color pop around your cheeks if you were going for an evening look. It really does have amazing contouring properties too-the cheeks really take on new definition when you apply this because it blends so well rather than looking like blush sitting on top of the skin. It also looks great on lips! Mine are quite pigmented so the color changes and looks less brown, morphing into a pretty sheer pink. So there you have it- a great natural looking cheek stain; a multipurpose and portable product
rivaled only by Tarte, IMO. The only problem is that it is kinda expensive for the size of the tube. Other than that, it's wonderfull! I can't wait to try Shanghai Choc!

This color for me is like "Instant Sexy" I absolutely love it, especially when I'm trying to look my best, or even when I just need a little pick me up.

on 1/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Shanghai Choc, which is a really pretty warm rose color. I don't like using it on my cheeks though. It doesn't last very long on your lips either, but it is pretty while it is on there. Plus the price is a little high for the amount of product that you get. It was nice to try but I don't think that I will be getting any more of these!

Incredible! I have the "shocking mai". This just lasts forever without feeling sticky or thick on your lips. I couldn't believe that this stayed looking decent through a very long work day without a touchup. Does not run into lip lines or smear either. Buildable color from a sheer soft red to powerhouse lips! I prefer to use a lipbrush to paint it on. I can control the depth of color that way. I will get more in other shades. Shocking mai is a limited edition. Mistake!