Lancome Colour Dose Lips and Cheeks

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmmm I am so pleased with these. I especially like the Rio Alegre, which has to be the most perfect, sheer cool pink I have ever found. I also love the Shocking Mai, which is a lovely red that is sheer enough to brighten my NC20/25 complexion without overwhelming it. These are sheer, light and buildable, sort of a cross between a stain and a light gloss. Interesting, moisturizing texture and sheen which lasts 2-3 hours for me, leaving a nice tint of color when the gloss is gone. The Paris Chic and Shanghai Choc are fairly nude and a bit bronzey. The Crazy London is a very bright fucshia, but can be toned down nicely with some of the other colors or another gloss. I do find, perhaps because this is a product that has been discontinued, that they tend to separate. If I place them upright on their lids, they seem to stay together and don't gush out with liquid. Would definitely purchase again (in fact, I love them so much, I have already purchased 4 of them on Ebay in Rio Alegre.).

on 12/10/2004 12:39:00 PM

Love this product! I have it in Shocking Mai, which I had to really search for, but it was totally worth it. I only use it on my lips, because it is indeed a "shocking" red color. However, after a few hours it tones down into the most beautiful flushed pink/red. I apply it with a lip brush, and it lasts all day (and all night, and all day...until you make a concerted effort to take it off!)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Shocking Mai! I really like this lip stain because as others have pointed out it has a creamy texture. creamy texture = easy application + non-drying. If you like shiny lip gloss lips-be warned-you will not achieve that look with this product. Since I prefer sheer matte lips, it's perfect for me!!

on 9/2/2003 2:53:00 AM

I LOVE this!
I have been looking for the perfect red lip stain for years and this is it.
You name all the other red stains out there and I have tried them.
It is a great creamy gel lip stain that has a wonderful silky feel and delicious smell.
The color is called 'Shocking Mai'.
A lovely red that is buildable from sheer to semi-opaque depending on how much you apply to lips.
This product is nice as it gives you time to blend before it drys.
I prefer to use my finger to apply it rather than the slanted tip as too much product may come out if you squeeze too hard while the tip is on your lips.
Can also be used nicely on the cheeks.