Lancome Colour Dose Lips and Cheeks

No Image

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmmm I am so pleased with these. I especially like the Rio Alegre, which has to be the most perfect, sheer cool pink I have ever found. I also love the Shocking Mai, which is a lovely red that is sheer enough to brighten my NC20/25 complexion without overwhelming it. These are sheer, light and buildable, sort of a cross between a stain and a light gloss. Interesting, moisturizing texture and sheen which lasts 2-3 hours for me, leaving a nice tint of color when the gloss is gone. The Paris Chic and Shanghai Choc are fairly nude and a bit bronzey. The Crazy London is a very bright fucshia, but can be toned down nicely with some of the other colors or another gloss. I do find, perhaps because this is a product that has been discontinued, that they tend to separate. If I place them upright on their lids, they seem to stay together and don't gush out with liquid. Would definitely purchase again (in fact, I love them so much, I have already purchased 4 of them on Ebay in Rio Alegre.).

on 2/9/2005 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to say I'm impressed with this product! I bought Rio Alegre through ebay and it really looks great on a LLL complexion. It goes on paler (at least on me) than it looks in the tube. It's shimmery, and reminds me of their Sweet Violette Juicy Rouge, but this stayed on my lips through lunch! I think it's too expensive if you pay full price, maybe my expectations were lower since I paid about half price for it. I'll update if my impression changes.

on 11/18/2004 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm in love! I just got Paris Chic Colour Dose in swap and it's everything I hoped it would be! This stuff is fantastic. Paris Chic is a color that I would imagine to be universally flattering (it's a muted pinky/bronzy/brown) and just makes you look like you at your best. It gives you a natural glow and when I say 'natural', I mean NATURAL..none of this 'just came in from the cold' stuff which, let's face it, really doesn't look very natural at all because in order for it to do so, we'd have to be in a perpetual state of coming in from the cold! Conversely, there is enough pink and brown in the gel that the 'glow' you get doesn't make your coworkers at WalMart harbour suspicions that you've been stealing off to St. Tropez on the weekends. Anyway,this stuff spreads wonderfully, has all kinds of layering possibilities-I wear it barely there, but you could keep applying the gel and really make the color pop around your cheeks if you were going for an evening look. It really does have amazing contouring properties too-the cheeks really take on new definition when you apply this because it blends so well rather than looking like blush sitting on top of the skin. It also looks great on lips! Mine are quite pigmented so the color changes and looks less brown, morphing into a pretty sheer pink. So there you have it- a great natural looking cheek stain; a multipurpose and portable product
rivaled only by Tarte, IMO. The only problem is that it is kinda expensive for the size of the tube. Other than that, it's wonderfull! I can't wait to try Shanghai Choc!

This color for me is like "Instant Sexy" I absolutely love it, especially when I'm trying to look my best, or even when I just need a little pick me up.

on 5/2/2004 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff: I am a huge fan of cream/liquid blushes because of the pigmentation and the lasting power, and these are TOPS.

I have Crazy London (a bright fuschia, gives a similar look as MAC Pink Swoon, Pink Glow, Nars Desire); Paris Chic (warm toned peachy pinky brown, a PERFECT day shade for almost any skin tone) and Shocking Mai (a red which turns cool berry toned, i think this was the first shade which sadly is LE)

They last ALL DAY, can be used on Lips (quite nice on lips, unlike a lot of cheek stains), and give a dewy look to cheeks. The "dew" is a bit sticky, so sometimes i put a bit of powder blush over top to set them and it does not budge all day.

These are not available in Canada, so I Ebay for them and pick them up whenever I shop in the states.

HIGHLY recommended.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Shocking Mai! I really like this lip stain because as others have pointed out it has a creamy texture. creamy texture = easy application + non-drying. If you like shiny lip gloss lips-be warned-you will not achieve that look with this product. Since I prefer sheer matte lips, it's perfect for me!!

on 11/10/2003 5:52:00 PM

Fabulous stuff!!!!!!!! I have "Shocking Mai", and it's a winner in every respect!!! The first lipstain that doesn't dry out my lips! And don't be scared by the bright red color. This stuff is completely, truely buildable. I can use just a dab for a sheer, lovely light stain, dab on more for a bit more color, or go the whole nine yards and have fab red lips. And there's enough time to get it in all the right places before it sets. Oh yeah, and it smells fruity, like the Juicy Tubes! They've got to make this a regular part of the line!! Perhaps the only drawback is that the plastic tube can be a bit hard to controle so that a big glob doesn't gush from the tube, so be a little careful! Also be warned, if you smear it on with a finger, your finger will match for the rest of the day! :-) I layer the Luminous Stargloss over this for a dazzling effect! LOVE!

Incredible! I have the "shocking mai". This just lasts forever without feeling sticky or thick on your lips. I couldn't believe that this stayed looking decent through a very long work day without a touchup. Does not run into lip lines or smear either. Buildable color from a sheer soft red to powerhouse lips! I prefer to use a lipbrush to paint it on. I can control the depth of color that way. I will get more in other shades. Shocking mai is a limited edition. Mistake!

on 9/20/2003 8:33:00 PM

Oh wow. I LOVE this thing. I have it in Shocking Mai, and it is incredible. There are really no words. It gives you the perfect sheer red stain, but unlike other lip stains, it is not drying at all, and it goes on evenly without streaking. I think it is because it is creamier than the usual lip stains. It's pretty concentrated in terms of color, so you definitely don't use as much of this as you would of lipstick or gloss for instance, but it's very easy to control. But, really, an incredible, perfect, lovely, gorgeous red stain!! Not true red, a little cooler, but more flattering that way, at least on me (very warm-toned MMM). And the scent!! It smells EXACTLY like fresh juicy rasberries or rasberry jam. So amazing.

on 9/7/2003 3:01:00 PM

New colours - yay! I bought this in Paris Chic, a beautiful tawny honey shade with golden shimmer, and Shanghai Choc, a slightly warm rose with bronze shimmer. They are both strikingly beautiful and work well on cheeks and lips.
Other new shades are: