Lancome Colour Dose Lips and Cheeks

No Image

4.4

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I too love this product! I finally got my hands on it this weekend and tried it on last night. Upon application, it looked like a really natural red flush with some tint to it - truly what I picture when I think of a red lip stain. It was so comfortable and non-intrusive that I fell asleep with it on, and when I got up this morning, I still had a lovely subtle red stain on my lips, like the color I wish they were naturally.

Upon experimenting I do find I like applying it with a lip brush the best - it deposits it evenly on the lips without glopping. Fingertips work well also. I liked least applying it using the slanted tip.

A Lancome rep told me these will be coming out in more colors in the near future - can't wait to see what!

on 9/2/2003 2:53:00 AM

I LOVE this!
I have been looking for the perfect red lip stain for years and this is it.
You name all the other red stains out there and I have tried them.
It is a great creamy gel lip stain that has a wonderful silky feel and delicious smell.
The color is called 'Shocking Mai'.
A lovely red that is buildable from sheer to semi-opaque depending on how much you apply to lips.
This product is nice as it gives you time to blend before it drys.
I prefer to use my finger to apply it rather than the slanted tip as too much product may come out if you squeeze too hard while the tip is on your lips.
Can also be used nicely on the cheeks.

on 9/7/2003 3:01:00 PM

New colours - yay! I bought this in Paris Chic, a beautiful tawny honey shade with golden shimmer, and Shanghai Choc, a slightly warm rose with bronze shimmer. They are both strikingly beautiful and work well on cheeks and lips.
Other new shades are:

Hot Miami - a bronzed gold with orange tones

Rio Alegre (sp?) - bright cool pink

Crazy London - more of a fuschia, very bright pink
Paris Chic and Shanghai Choc continued >>

on 9/20/2003 8:33:00 PM

Oh wow. I LOVE this thing. I have it in Shocking Mai, and it is incredible. There are really no words. It gives you the perfect sheer red stain, but unlike other lip stains, it is not drying at all, and it goes on evenly without streaking. I think it is because it is creamier than the usual lip stains. It's pretty concentrated in terms of color, so you definitely don't use as much of this as you would of lipstick or gloss for instance, but it's very easy to control. But, really, an incredible, perfect, lovely, gorgeous red stain!! Not true red, a little cooler, but more flattering that way, at least on me (very warm-toned MMM). And the scent!! It smells EXACTLY like fresh juicy rasberries or rasberry jam. So amazing.

Incredible! I have the "shocking mai". This just lasts forever without feeling sticky or thick on your lips. I couldn't believe that this stayed looking decent through a very long work day without a touchup. Does not run into lip lines or smear either. Buildable color from a sheer soft red to powerhouse lips! I prefer to use a lipbrush to paint it on. I can control the depth of color that way. I will get more in other shades. Shocking mai is a limited edition. Mistake!

on 11/10/2003 5:52:00 PM

Fabulous stuff!!!!!!!! I have "Shocking Mai", and it's a winner in every respect!!! The first lipstain that doesn't dry out my lips! And don't be scared by the bright red color. This stuff is completely, truely buildable. I can use just a dab for a sheer, lovely light stain, dab on more for a bit more color, or go the whole nine yards and have fab red lips. And there's enough time to get it in all the right places before it sets. Oh yeah, and it smells fruity, like the Juicy Tubes! They've got to make this a regular part of the line!! Perhaps the only drawback is that the plastic tube can be a bit hard to controle so that a big glob doesn't gush from the tube, so be a little careful! Also be warned, if you smear it on with a finger, your finger will match for the rest of the day! :-) I layer the Luminous Stargloss over this for a dazzling effect! LOVE!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Shocking Mai! I really like this lip stain because as others have pointed out it has a creamy texture. creamy texture = easy application + non-drying. If you like shiny lip gloss lips-be warned-you will not achieve that look with this product. Since I prefer sheer matte lips, it's perfect for me!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice on lips, but color not great. Way too sticky on cheeks. Does layer well.

on 1/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Shanghai Choc, which is a really pretty warm rose color. I don't like using it on my cheeks though. It doesn't last very long on your lips either, but it is pretty while it is on there. Plus the price is a little high for the amount of product that you get. It was nice to try but I don't think that I will be getting any more of these!

I use the Colour Dose in Crazy London, a fuchsia pink, and have been very pleased with the product. I have medium skin so the color turns almost rosy like natural blush (only better and more noticeable) both on lips and cheeks. Your skin should be well moisturized before application,however, or the result could look uneven