no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

this product really helped my oil since the first wash, and even though i now use more acne targeted cleansers, my face has never been the same oily. i got it on sale for $6.00.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

12 years ago

This cleanser has the consistency of glue; however, it is pretty damn good if you can ever find it! Everything I like by L'oreal gets discontinued!!!! It's like they are constantly toying with the consumer....first it was the great HydraFresh for normal to Oily skin that became extinct, and just when I discover new options, they end up in Big Lots if I'm lucky. Anyways, this cleanser is great for normal/combo skin. Like I said, it IS glue-like, so extra rinsing is needed. I like that you smear it on, rub with water and it then foams. I feel like when it foams on my face rather than in my hand it is cleaning better. So, if you find this, give it a try.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

12 years ago

I got the version for comination skin. This cleanser feels luxuriously creamy when first applied, rinses cleanly, and gets rid of all except dark eye makeup like mascara and pencil liner. Doesn't dry my skin out and leaves my skin soft. BUT I hate how this stuff smells. I think it's the clay part. I'll finish the tube, but I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

12 years ago

I purchased this product thinking that it will balance my skin and be foamy. It does foam up, but it leaves my skin terribly tight and almost dry, with pulling of the skin, which I did not experience with other cleansers. And as a poster wrote here, it does contain clay which may harden on the sides of your skin if you don't remove it, and still to your hairline. I can't wait till this product finishes, so I can move onto another one.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I really like this cleanser. At first I was looking at it in my hand waiting for the "foaming" action, thinking nothings happening.. haha.. but then i put it on my face (wet with warm water) and bam it foamed up. really cool stuff. it washed off all my makeup and left my skin feeling a little tight which to me felt really clean. smells good to me. i have normal skin but bought combo.. it was the last one, and i didnt see a spot for normal on the shelf ..it works and i <3 it. now all i need is the perfect moisturizer!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

12 years ago

There are 4 different forms of this cream cleanser. There are versions for Oily skin, Normal, Dry Skin and the one for Combination Skin. I've used all of them but, this review is for the Combination version. I've never been one to repurchase the same cleanser twice or to use any of them up. Ideal Balance for Combination skin I've purchased 4 times so far. I have very sensitive combination skin, with large pores on my cheeks & nose, dry skin outside of the T-zone, and normal skin under my nose and chin & neck. Needless to say it has been hard to find a good cleanser. If I found one that cleaned my oily areas it stripped my dry areas. This cream cleanser fills the bill! My skin has never felt cleaner. It cleanses and removes some mascera's like a cold cream, but has suds like a soap. I do believe that my large pores look cleaner and they definitely feel cleaner. Personally, I haven't had any breakout problems, but I use a good quality Retinol cream and a Vitamin E and Alpha Hydroxy Moisturizer on top after I've toned with Witch Hazel. If your combination skin is further toward the dry side try the Dry skin version, it's also very good, especially in the Winter time. The normal skin version is very good too, but I needed more cleansing power in the pore area. All the versions smell very good as well. I'm sensitive to many scents in skin products, but these didn't irritate my skin at all.

About reviewer (744 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

12 years ago

This is really bad. I started using this and about two weeks ago and have started breaking out like CRAZY. This has kaolin clay in it, which sounds nice except it gets clumped in your hairline & doesn't wash off easily at all, which results in breakouts all along my hairline (which I've never had before). Leaves my face looking irritated and red, and as stated before, I'm breaking out at the speed of light. My face looks the worst it ever has, this stuff is terrible. Please don't buy it!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

My skin: oily/combination. Has blemishes and usually always have at least 1 pimple on my face. My cousin was recommended this product from his dermatologist and he had combination/oily acne prone skin. I tried it and I absolutely loved it! I used this cleanser with a good cleansing routine (cleanser, toner, moisturizer). It was the first time I had no pimples on my face! I also had a lot of sebum buildup (pimples you can feel way under the skin). This what surprised me most because I couldn't find a cleanser that could help with that. My face felt hard from all the sebum buildup under my skin! but after using the cleanser, within a couple weeks i realized how smooth and soft my face felt. These cleansers are hard to find though. I was only able to find them in a couple of Walgreens. So when you see them snatch them up! The cleanser has kaolin clay in it which is supposed to penetrate pores and i think this is what really helps me. the product is the average price of a cream cleanser in a drug store: about 5-6 dollars. well priced. well worth it. right now its my HG cleanser!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

12 years ago

This cleanser works really well. It cleanses really well and doesn't dry out my skin.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

12 years ago

I really love the smell of this-it's just really refreshing and clean to my nose. I wasn't in love with the texture at first-it bothered me how I couldn't get a lather going easily. However, I've grown used to it now. This is now holy grail for me, and I'm so glad it's cheap since facewash is something I'll always need, so I'd rather fall in love with something from the drugstore than Chanel! Anyhow, I was concerned this would dry me out now that it's cold, but it hasn't. I'm now on my third or fourth tube, and it's been over 6 months using this. No breakouts, just clean, clear skin. Does a great job taking off makeup too, even when I use a lot. My cotton pad with toner shows no trace of makeup at all. Thumbs up!

About reviewer (185 reviews)

SkinCombination