MAC Frost - Nylon

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this shade. I have used this since 1993. I know some of the reviews say that it's too frosty. Indeed, it is frosty. I have hooded eyes so I definitely don't use a lot of frosty colors. I use mostly mattes and satins. However, because I use such matte colors on my crease and lids, my make up can look sort of flat and lifeless. That's what makes nylon so perfect. I use just a tiny bit in the inner corner and near the brow to brighten up my eyes. It makes a huge difference, Because I'm only using a tiny bit, the pan seems to last forever. This is a pretty, highly pigmented, shimmery, color that every one should have in their collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

AMAZING! overall, this is what you need to know. perfect for a browbone, inner corner, even cheeks! lasts ages, unlike most shimmers. is glittery/shimmery in a non-tacky way, and is amazing anywhere on the eyes <3 i'm in love!

PROS:
longwearing
can be used for face highlight as well as eyes (sparingly!)
not very expensive for high end (10 euro for me!)
can be used with any eye look (smokey, natural, whatever)
can be kept as a single or put in a palette
one pan lasts ages because you need so little of it for a great effect

CONS:
more expensive than some 'drugstore' shadows
can look over the top if it's piled on...you do need a light hand

To Read all 312 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nylon is hands down my favorite eyeshadow!! I don't go a day without it. Even on days I have no makeup on I use this to brighten up the inner corners of my eyes. I live for a glowy inner corner and Nylon delveries. This could be built up for a super intense look, but applied lightly it gives the most beautiful lite from with in look. I will forever repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Frosty pale white gold. It is just beautiful! It's smooth and pigmented, lasts for hours. It's versatile and can be worn as a highlighter and an eyeshadow. It's perfect for yellow undertoned skin.

Love this product use it on an almost day to day basis. check out my channel for tips and tricks on using mac shadows

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NC15-NC20ish skin that is usually spray-tanned to about NC30.
This shadow looks beautiful on whichever shade I happen to be working with!

Love LOVE love...
Seriously.

Have used this as my inner corner highlight for the past few years.. I'll try other things but always come back to this!
With daily use, one of these will last me about a year (give or take).
Formula is pigmented, never experience chalkiness or weird patching. I use a small dense shadow brush, flip it vertically and kinda push it into that inner corner area. This allows me to pack the color where I want it and easily take a smaller brush to blur out the edge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you want an intense highlight, this is the eyeshadow for you! Intense frosty shimmer in a creamy base. It looks yellow in the pot, but on the eye, it's just a warm white. I really liked it as an inner corner highlight because it shows up really well just lightly touching the brush to the inner corner. It was too intense for my brow bone highlight. It was much too frosty for my liking to use as a lid color. Overall, I wanted a more versatile highlight color that I could also use as a lid color, so I opted for Shroom and love it. If I just wanted an inner corner color, I'd choose this one, but eyeshadows are too pricey for me to have one that I only use for the inner corner :)

definitely the best highlighting color out there! this "eyeshadow" which I use as a highlighter works way too much better than the real highlighters! I dont like when there are sparkles in the highlighters, I just want a glowy look with no sparkles and this color is the best for that purpose! def the best for inner corners and cheekbones ;)

I'm a huge fan of neutrals. I read a top 10 neutrals for MAC online and decided since everyone loved this I had to have it. I was disappointed. I wear MAC and Urban Decay eye shadows, I swear by MAC wood winked, I wear it everyday. I have to say I like Urbans "sellout" as a under eyebrow highlighter way more than this. Overall nylon isn't all that it's hyped up to be in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This has got to be one of the best highlighting shades of all time. I absolutely love anything gold but at first I thought this was going to be too stark on me since it's such a pale gold and I have an olive complexion but boy am I happy I bought this, it is utter PERFECTION! It is now the only inner corner shade I wear, and when applied lightly it works great on the brow bone and also as a cheekbone highlight! Being a frost finish it is very intense so colour pay off is exceptional. I highly recommend this eye shadow to everyone and I will definitely be repurchasing if I ever run out.