MAC Frost - Bronze

MAC Frost - Bronze

4.5

on 1/19/2014 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The girl at the counter recommended it to me, as I have slightly hooded lids. I was looking for a color combo that work with the hidden crease. She said, try just a darker color on the lid and recommended this. It turned out to be a good purchase. I have blue eyes, but I think it go well with brown or green eyes. It does look like a bronze and has a slight shimmer. The color is quite deep. MAC does have good quality shadows with better pigment and longevity than the many cheeper shadows I have tried and some not so cheap. I like the little pots and how the brush picks up the color. It's not so densely packed in that it's hard to get on the brush. Quads and palettes can be a pain as the colors smear and mix and fall out.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i really felt the need to review Bronze, because i bought this during a MAC starter kit type purchase. i figured that it was a boring colour, but would be useful and a good intro to MAC eyeshadows. i actually hit pan on this without even barely noticing! even since my MAC eyeshadow collection has grown, this has still remained an unconscious favourite and now it's nearly out!
Bronze is actually very special, because it is a true, spot on, buttery bronze. not too orange, not too burgundy. just bronze. it's very basic and very beautiful. i enjoy using it with 'Indianwood' paint pot, and as a crease colour. for a long time i also just used this with 'Bare Study' paint pot as a contour and crease colour for days when i was in a super rush and it really did the trick. this is also just great for intensifying any golden colours and giving them more dimension and definition.
Bronze also really enriches my brown eyes and makes the brown in them almost match the eyeshadow!
very versatile, beautiful staple.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really pretty eyeshadow, but it seemed to clash with my skin color for some reason. I found that I like Mulch a little bit better. This is still beautiful nonetheless. I am an NW45 for reference

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was my first MAC shadow and it's one of my top 5 still. When I first got it, I always thought it was one I needed to pair with something else to make it look good so I never really wore it. After playing with it, I applied as a wash on my green eyes and WOW, it makes them really pop. It looks classy, polished and quite beautiful. I can (and do) wear this with everything. This, some black liner, mascara and I'm done. I will absolutely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an everyday staple for my summer looks, whether they be casual, work, or evening. It is one of those colors that can be worn as a sheer wash or deepened with other colors and layered. I combine it with the colors in my NARS Surbaya Duo and alot of black mascara and liquid liner for a sultry evenign look.For work I use it it with a softer neutral. Its so versatile; only a touch darker than my own skin tone but with a soft sheen.

The staying power is awesome and the price not bad considering how pricey soem of the other high end brands are.

Packaging is OK. Seems to last fine.

on 12/6/2008 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just got this as a gift, and OMGoodness!! It's gorgeous. I've been reading other posts and I'm scared mine will break too. Anyhow, color is awesome, blends nice, can dress it up or down. Why hadn't I seen this before?

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have medium/dark green eyes and O M G it makes them look so stunning, really brings out the green!
I imagine it would have a similar effect on hazel eyed people!
really nice, bright, rich toned colour, just love it, paired with a dark purple MAC eyeliner called 'plum' or something, anyway, REALLY brings out green eyes, make the contrast with my skin even more obvious, perfect product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As an eyeshadow junkie, I thought I had every possible color on the planet until I found MAC eyeshadow in BRONZE. It made my eyes look amazing and it has so many possibilities! I will be highly upset if this color is ever discontinued!!!!!!!

on 3/6/2006 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is another colour that I repurchase. Its a gorgeous true Bronze colour. Its very rich and gives me a very natural look (I wear C6). I don't always wear it on its own, as even though I love the colour, it doesn't really make my dark brown eyes pop, so I usually wear it in conjuction with Amber lights eyeshadow.

on 6/14/2005 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this eyeshadow a lot. Its great for a natural kind of look, or to pair with something like Hepcat for kind of a bohemian style look. VERY pretty.