MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

4.6

MAC Bronze is exactly what it says it is! A true bronze colour. It is a very warm colour but doesn't look orange or copper on me. The finish and pigmentation is buttery and EXCELLENT. I have almost completely finished this colour and will definitely repurchase! I like to wear Bronze as an all over wash with a dark brown in the outer corner. It is the perfect smokey but understated eye for my light olive yellow skintone and brown eyes. It makes my brown eyes appear lighter and more radiant!
This is also a PERFECT crease colour with gold/champagne lid colours! A staple for me.

on 7/11/2015 5:31:00 PM

Yep, I wear it as a bronzer...sheered out it's perfect and is a better color bronzer than I've ever found. In my next life MAC will put a mirror in their eyeshadows!

on 7/30/2014 11:11:00 AM

Well this shawdow is giving my all time fav Mulch a run! Bronze is beautiful golden color with a pretty shimmer to it! Makes my brown eyes pop!! I alternate this with Mulch but beginning to use this one more. Love it!!!!!

on 2/3/2014 2:10:00 PM

My first MAC eyeshadow, and I love it so much. It's a beautiful bronze colour, not too red, and I use it almost everyday. It is soo pigmented. It blends wonderfully and looks amazing on my warm undertone. I use it to define my crease and it looks great. Love this shade and will continue to repurchase!

on 11/3/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bronze is probably the most gorgeous bronze shade of anything I have ever seen. I wish they sold a furniture paint in this shade and I would paint everything in my house with it haha :) But seriously, this blends so well, and it goes very well with other shades, so the amount of looks you can create with this eye shadow is awesome. For me, I am an NW25 and this would be perfect for a smoldering darker eye for a night out, and for darker skin tones, that's where the magic happens. I can't even imagine how gorgeous this shade would be on darker skinned women (or men, hey, I don't judge). Love love loveeeee this shadow!!! Great for everyone :) 8.9/10

on 11/28/2012 8:47:00 AM

C3/NC20/NC25 here...Loved this color in the pot and swatched but on my lids it simply looks like a dark brown. Nothing special. I read the reviews and would have happily welcomed the orange and red tones that people complained about it pulling seeing as Texture, Soft Brown and Bamboo are among my favorite eye shadows. Actually, I would expect reddish and orange since that's the description of the color bronze. Seeing as I already have Cork (which I love) and it isn't quite as dark, I see this one going back.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i really felt the need to review Bronze, because i bought this during a MAC starter kit type purchase. i figured that it was a boring colour, but would be useful and a good intro to MAC eyeshadows. i actually hit pan on this without even barely noticing! even since my MAC eyeshadow collection has grown, this has still remained an unconscious favourite and now it's nearly out!
Bronze is actually very special, because it is a true, spot on, buttery bronze. not too orange, not too burgundy. just bronze. it's very basic and very beautiful. i enjoy using it with 'Indianwood' paint pot, and as a crease colour. for a long time i also just used this with 'Bare Study' paint pot as a contour and crease colour for days when i was in a super rush and it really did the trick. this is also just great for intensifying any golden colours and giving them more dimension and definition.
Bronze also really enriches my brown eyes and makes the brown in them almost match the eyeshadow!
very versatile, beautiful staple.

I love this eyeshadow. I love the color and the pigmentation. I have hazel eyes so the cold in the eyeshadow really brings out my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow so much! It such a nice bronze colour and it stays on all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ROP for swatches!!+

I deleted my previous review to rewrite. I have been using this eyeshadow for the past 2 1/2 years and though I sometimes stray I almost always come back to this shade as my go-to bronze. It is a beautiful frosty medium, warm bronze that works wonderfully as a crease shade with a lighter wash or all over the lid with a darker crease for a more dramatic look. It is a very versatile shade that can be worn day or night depending on what you pair it with. The pigmentation is great, with one or two swipes enough for full pigmentation that applies smoothly and evenly. It blends easily (but not too easily) with my trusty 217.

The bronze shade in the WnW Vanity palette is an exact dupe of this shade, but it is less pigmented and smooth and definitely requires more building up. However if you're on a budget the WnW palette will do the trick (I rec buying it mainly for the mattes).

with similar colors