Sage Machado Sage

Sage Machado Sage

on 2/23/2018 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Sage is GREEN. It doesn't smell like a perfume, it smells like fresh sage and flowers. The sage note is so true to the plant it makes my nose itch. If you ever played outside, rolling on the ground, doing cartwheels, playing kick-ball...the grassy emerald scent left on your skin and clothing is the essence of Sage. The cucumber note ruins it for me, but that's a matter of taste, not anything wrong with this masterful blend.

My love affair with Sage Machado continues. I was slightly hesitant about this one, because when I asked Nessa, the SA from Sage Machado about it, she told me she thought I'd like Topaz better. I do like Topaz (purchased the roll-on), and maybe my love of both Onyx and Pearl led her to the recommendation. However, I also love Turquoise, which, as someone mentioned, is an aquatic version of Pearl. For those who are afraid of a cucumber note, or of a strong grassy note...don't be. This is an indescribable fragrance, which is probably why it's hard to get a handle on it from the reviews. It's green, but not sharply green like Gap Grass or Aliage. It's musky, but the musk, along with the tonka, lends a softness to the fragrance,and it's just lovely. It's not marine at all, but yes, it does bring to mind a sunny summer day in Nantucket (not at the beach, but just strolling around the outskirts of the beach. This is a new one for me, and one that I will wear and continue to repurchase. For the record, I detest the cucumber notes in Bath and Body Works scents, so if you are put off by the idea of cucumber, don't be. I can't imagine that many people would dislike this fragrance. I love it.

on 7/16/2007 12:36:00 PM

This scent had the perfect combo (for me) of fresh, green notes and warmer, muskier notes. I often layer it with Kiehl's cucumber oil or their musk oil, depending on what I want to emphasize. I will say that some of these warmer notes are more present in the oil than the EDT, which I'm not as big a fan of.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting marine from this fragrance - I get it from Sage Turquoise, but thankfully, not here. The cucumber does lend a slighty aqueous green-vegetal note, but not necessary "marine" or metallic. This is a gorgeous, soft green scent, that is given sparkling/sweet qualities by the sweet pea, enhanced by the softness of Egyptian Musk, green Kenya musk, and made sweeter and skin-like, by the tonka. The candle in this is gorgeous, also. I love green scents and this is no exception. This is a green floral, soft - not a marine floral. Here are the notes from the Sage Machado website: "A fragrance effusive with the invigorating scent of the herb that shares its name, is an electrifying celebration of the rambling, fertile splendor of the earth’s forests and secret gardens. Crisp, aromatic top notes of cucumber and white sage from New Mexico introduce a single middle note of wild sweet pea. These rest on a base note accord of lush green musk from Kenya and sheer Egyptian musk that is accented with sweet, earthy Tonka bean. A perfume that is as open and rejuvenating as the outdoors, Sage epitomizes the undeniably natural beauty of Sage Machado’s jewelry line."

on 11/4/2006 11:32:00 AM

Oh, it's so green! But it's not fresh and clean green, it's vegetable green - cucumber, to be exact. I don't get any melon on me, just grass and cucumber, and perhaps some salty sea air. continued >>

on 5/19/2006 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yummy. I wore this a lot last spring and finally put it on again when April came back around and remembered how great it is... On me, this is a really fresh, green scent laced with sweet pea. Lovely. And totally perfect for spring!

on 11/30/2005 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not a "fresh" fragrance on me. It did not get very grassy either. It was watery, marine-ish, and cucumber-y. Yet it was not "cool," which is what turned me off. It smelt too sweet, and reminded me of overripe produce in a hot room. I think it was the African musk that was turning everything for me.

on 11/21/2005 7:26:00 PM

The reason so many people are saying, "I don't usually like fresh scents, but..." is because this is not a fresh, clean scent. It has some cucumber notes, but overall it's a vanilla, musk and sweet pea fragrances. You will be disapppointed if you're looking for a fresh, clean scent. This is a girly, sweet fragrance with a bit of cucumber and marine notes. It's close to B&BW Cucumber Melon.

on 10/29/2005 9:40:00 PM

OK, Reviewing after just testing, haven't yet purchased the fragrance, but provided DH likes it, I'm going to get it asap. I'm amazed at this one. I am not usually one for fresh or clean fragrances...I tend to prefer warm, vanilla and white musk perfumes, but this scent is beautiful! It is exactly the greenish fragrace I've been looking for. It's green and floral; it warms and develops nicely on the skin and smells lovely and stays greener smelling on my clothing. I can't wait to get to one of Sage Machado's shops so I can sample all of her perfumes. This is the second one I've tried. Pearl has already become a HG scent for me, and this one is on its way. I only hope that Garnet might be the Rose I've always longed for.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was a bit surprised to find out how much I loved this! It starts out very grassy and green then immediately morphs into a lush, mildly sweet floral with a just hint of sage. I find it to be perfect for the start of the autumn season (as beautifully described by some reviewers below)but I'd probably even wear this all year long. Such an incredibly sexy scent and one of the few scents in my collection that never fails to get DH's attention.

Popular Fragrances