Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Brownie

Lip Color - Brownie

4.4

on 1/15/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why oh why can't BB make a lipstick that doesn't go off smelling (like crayons) within weeks of opening? I have bought my 4th and last of this lip color. The off odor Is unfortunately completely reliable.
I love the color "Brownie", truly MLB, but, for a department store lipstick to go off so quickly, just not okay. This also happens with other formulations. More effort is needed to improve this product. Wish it wasn't so......

TEXTURE: creamy, but not too creamy that is slips around. Fairly moisturizing. PIGMENTATION: needs two to three passes for opacity, since the FINISH is satin/sheen. If it were more matte like sandwash pink, then i think it would have been more opaque. COLOR: on my NC25 skin, with fairly pigmented lips, it looks like a deeper (not dark!) red mauve. IT DOES STINK THOUGH. It smells like tupperware washed with lemon detergent that hasn't been well-rinsed, totally yuck! And the stench doesn't go away :( i like to blot it a bit to remove some of the sheen, or sometimes i smudge it in with my finger to make it look lived-in.

on 3/5/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I bought Brownie having applied Slopes (a deeper plum-red) in-store by mistake, and have been trying to get used to it since.

I must have owned a dozen Bobbi Brown lipsticks over the years but this is the only one that changes colour on me! This may be due to having quite pigmented lips. When I apply it during the day it looks like a light brown-pink which makes me wish I hadn't bought it, then a few minutes later becomes a very wearable deeper shade and sometimes a quite different, but very pretty, mid-toned berry-mauve. Under evening lighting it does what it's supposed to do and works as a close match to my own lip colour.

Despite having a mind of its own, Brownie is turning out to be a good basic shade in my lip wardrobe. I can see this working well with my new Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude eyeshadow palette for a natural daytime look.

on 9/13/2015 1:34:00 AM

This is a red based brown shade. It looks good on its own. It looks natural with simple eye makeup and even stunning with heavy eye makeup. This is my simple look with this lippie. I use Bobbi Brown`s Cement eye shadow, Caviar Ink gel liner, Apricot blusher, Saddle eye shadow (as eyebrow filler) & some mascara. I also outline the entire lip with BB Brownie Pink lip liner. That's my take to re-create a simple look with this lipcolor.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is my favorite lipstick! It is perfect for any occasion and is a universal shade. I am not a fan of wearing lip liners and I love that I can through this shade on and go. It last anywhere between two to four hours depending on if you are eating and drinking. The packaging of this product is also very beautiful. I have been using it for several months and I haven't grown bored with it yet. There are times when I top it with NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu for a glossier look. Anyway, given it a try as I am sure you won't be disappointed.

on 2/27/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Brownie is a versatile nude pink on my NW15 light skintone with highly pigmented lips. A deeper nude for me, with good coverage and staying power. The formula is semi-matte and wears comfortably. There is a bit more brown and warmth in this shade than in my all-time favorite Brownie Pink (which was discontinued for a number of years and just as of fall '16 re-released), but it still works well enough. Since Brownie Pink is available again I will not repurchase Brownie.
Overall, Brownie is a dependable everyday shade choice for work. It is low-key and it pairs well with neutral eye makeup looks. Retails for $28 before tax.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lipstick is moisturizing and stays on nicely. This is a nice universal pink color. I personally think it would really look nice on everyone. Of course the pigmentation will change on other skin colors and lip tones, but for the price... you can get nice lipsticks at other high end makeup companies for a tiny bit less. I do like this, but not super thrilled.

on 2/24/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing product. I recently made the forray into Bobbi Brown products and this is love. It is a definite pink on me, not nude. I am MAC NW45 for reference. The thing is this gives me a nice lip that can go from work to play. Moisturizing enough and long lasting enough. I need to reapply after eating of course but it is a pleasure to do so. I will certainly replace.

on 2/8/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

so i now have 3 of these, one a repurchase, so you know i love the formula. to me, they are non-drying; moisturizing, in fact. i take good care of my lips and am well hydrated though so they're in pretty good condition to begin w/. creamy, long-lasting rich opaque color. i have sandwash pink (my first lipstick repurchase EVER) which is def a MLBB (my lips but better) shade for me. it's like a medium pinky beige. i wear pink beige gloss over it, they are like the same color. then i have brownie. this is quite a dark 'brownie' pink. it is very different and much darker than sandwash pink but i'd still consider it in the neutral family. i sometimes wear rosy gloss over it to give it some depth but this one i like very much on its own. finally, i just received tulle in the mail sight unseen because i wanted something w/ a 'pop' of color but not TOO blatant like red or something and an online MUA i was chatting w/ recommended it based on my coloring. she recommended the marina pink sheer gloss atop. i bought that combo and am VERY happy w/ it. it is indeed a bright but not over the top medium-dark pink. it looks gorgeous w/ the marina. even my husband who is impartial to makeup and just thinks it gets in the way said he liked it, since he either usually can't tell one color from another or like if i have neon pink on obviously that's for me, not him. he said it was a nice bold color but not "too overwhelming". i will definitely look to bobbi's lip colors for my future lipstick needs. i have not found a formula i like better, and i've tried make up forever, shiseido, urban decay, nars, clinique, lancome, dior, guerlain, yves st laurent, mac, bare escentuals, multiple drugstore brands... to name a FEW!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is what I wanted MAC's Twig to be for me. It's a beautiful pink-brown that brings out my natural lip colour. I'd say it's a tad more on the brown side (on my lips anyways) than Twig but the formula is much better. I find MAC lipsticks to be drying but that's not the case with Bobbi Brown. This lipstick is perfect for that everyday polished look.