Serious Skin Care Olive oil Eye Balm

No Image

3.0

on 1/28/2017 11:48:00 AM

Generally I really like SSC products however, not so much this one. It isn't thick enough. I may as well use olive oil out of the bottle. Make it a bit thicker, like a balm, and it is a winner for me.

on 11/5/2009 5:10:00 PM

dreadful stale smell.

on 4/7/2008 1:25:00 AM

Not great for eyes. Too much comes out. It made my eyes red & irritated when I woke up in the morning. I've never had that happen before.

I use it on my lips at night...and my neck. I like it better there.

*Update* My SO really likes this around his eyes. His skin is DRY and rugged. He asked me if I had more. Just adding the note :)

I'm still leaving it as a 2...but for a guy...maybe a 3 or 4??

on 4/20/2007 3:12:00 PM

I like this product but I usually use it only once a week, on the weekends, as a sort of special extra moisturizing treat. I wouldn't use it every day -- it's too rich, and definitely not during the day. I like the smell and the fact that it's made with olive oil but I tend to agree that the pump doesn't give you all that much control. I've just run out and would definitely repurchase.

on 12/3/2006 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This balm causes my eyes to sting something terrible and a bad case of milia to form. I also noticed that the fleshy part of my eyes turned a reddish color, and became very dry, causing more dehydration lines to form. I have a full bottle left if anyone is interested in a swap.

on 10/1/2006 11:40:00 AM

I usually buy this in a larger Olive Oil kit, so the cost works for me.

I have found if you use this earlier in the evening, the product absorbs better, and will not travel into your eyes.

And when my skin becomes really dry, this always does the trick for me.

Also, this product works wonders on the lips. It makes my lips plump and soft, and doesn't break me out around the lip line.

on 7/6/2006 5:06:00 PM

This is another FIVE STAR product from SSC!!! For those reviewers that say this doesn't absorb, you must clearly be using way too much on your eyes. As the item description indicates, this is a thick and luxurious balm. If you are dispensing an entire pump's worth, this is too much for both eyes; half a pump is enough! It is easy to control how much is dispensed. (Just don't press all the way!) I pat this balm with my ring fingers gently around my eyes, on my lids, and in between my brows. I don't have any problems with this product absorbing if you take the time to pat it around your eye. An eye balm that is for nighttime application is not supposed to disappear like a daytime moisture cream! It works and hydrates wonderfully overnight, leaving my eye area hydrated and brighter in the morning. This is an excellent product! If you apply an appropriate amount, you will not be disappointed.

on 1/10/2006 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hmm... I am not exactly sure what this product does. It feels VERY greasy and I don't think applying such product to delicate eye area is a good idea. I wore it a couple of times before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning it was still VERY greasy. I don't know what I am going to do with this eye balm. I like the container though - pump is very convinient to use. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 1/9/2006 11:53:00 AM

Unlike other users of this eye balm, I had terrific results from it. I use the Serious Skin Moisturizing Cream on my face and neck and then apply the eye balm all over the eye area including my lids. I wake up in the morning and my face is glowing and line-free! Amazing stuff. Haven't tried this for the day, only at night but will keep you updated when I try it for daytime. Finallly, I've found something that works great and is affordable. By the way, my face is pretty typical. Normal/Dry in the winter and Normal/Oily in the summer.

on 1/9/2006 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is too thick & heavy for the eye area, however, I use this oil on my neck & it works GREAT!! Don't throw it out - use it on your neck!