Almay One-Coat Nail Color

No Image

2.6

on 1/9/2009 12:24:00 AM

I miss this so much. Natural was my favorite shade. I have never found another one that I liked as well. I always got compliments on it. I lost count of how many bottles I used before I sadly discovered it was discontinued. Wah. Wah. Boo hoo. So I ordered every bottle of Natural I could from the Internet and have them sealed and put away so they will last. I only use it now for special occasions. It certainly didn't turn my nails yellow or any other color. I love this stuff!! Almay, bring it back!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this line! Just like with any nail polish, you're going to want to use a base coat to prevent discoloration of your natural nail. After applying your base coat, just add one coat of the Almay for full, complete color. It dries to the (light) touch in 90 seconds and dries in full after about 5 minutes. It is a great nail polish to use when you need to be out the door fast. If you want to be chip free for longer than 2 or 3 days, be sure to add a top coat when you have the time - no rush though, this protects itself for a long time.

IF you get a nail polish that has thickened, no worries - just buy some $1 thinner from the store.

FYI - Color #12 Cashmere is the best taupe ever and is perfect for office and play!

on 7/14/2004 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the worst nail polish I ever tried! It turned my nails a deep yellow color! I was devastated. It's almost impossible to wear the cute, sheer summer shades that are out now because of this horrendous polish! If it was possible to give zero lippies, this would definitely get it!

Do not waste your money or time on this nail polish. I put on one coat, but after waiting 15 min, I still got indentations/nicks on my freshly painted nails. It lasted about 1 day, before I had chips. If you are looking for a perfect set of nails, this product won't help you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really adore this nailpolish...Thick, chip resistant color in one coat (I always use a topcoat though, with every polish)! *Stone* is my favorite, and it's gorgeous. I'd describe it as a grey with the tiniest hint of mauve. It's such a beautiful neutral color that looks great with almost any color. This line features a lot of natural, toned down and earthy colors. I love, love, love these colors.

on 9/24/2002 5:21:00 PM

I hated this stuff!! I bought it in Venus, a really pretty medium-pink shade, and when I took it off with an acetone-free polish remover, it turned my nails a horrible, ugly yellow color that took ages to disappear! I had to disguise my nails with polish round the clock for weeks until it went away. I tested it on one tiny little spot weeks later to make sure that it was the fault of this polish and not something else I'd done (eaten, touched, etc.), and it was *definitely* this polish!

on 7/27/2002 10:12:00 PM

This stuff was the pits. The colors were lovely, but the polish only stays good for one try. I used it once, it didn't stay on any longer than my other polishes and then became so thick and goopey that it never dried on my nails. I threw the bottle out and don't plan on buying any more. Luckily, they were discontinured. So there won't be any chance of my making the mistake of buying this again.

on 8/23/2001 4:26:00 PM

I didn't like this as it made my nails turn yellow. It lasted pretty long but the smell was funny (even for nail polish) and like I said, it made my nails turn yellow =(