Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 2/1/2017 2:35:00 AM

Hi guys I was upset this was discontinued too. Wanted to share that I have heard Janet Sartin Dual Performance Treatment Makeup is the dupe of this product.

on 1/29/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The foundation comes more like a toner with powder.I am satisfied with this product since it gives me a really matt face with the pores covered and i think the coverage is actually better than i thought.Comparing with Chantecaille Just skin TM ,i have to say Shake it could even my skin tone even better and more coverage.I have quite an oily skin and acne pore.so far,it doesnt break me out,still i don't think i would use it for daily in winter.

on 10/15/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin, and for some reason, I have to change my foundation make-up formula regularly because it just stops looking good after a few months. I LOVE this product. In fact, I love all the EL products Ive tried (with expert advice). I use this after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing with EL antioxidant moisture complex. It's tricky to find the best way to apply it at first, but for me, I dab it on with a cotton ball (pressing into my skin) until I achieve a very matte finish and then I apply EL controlling powder in Dark very lightly to set. It lasts all day! I am African-American with fair skin ( I usually use cafe au lait or caramel shades) and although the Suntan is a tad bit light and not as yellow-toned as I usually go for, it works well set with the dark transluscent powder. It looks very natural, like my skin, if I don't overdo the application. If you have really oily skin, you know that foundations have a tendency to darken up throughout the day and look dirty. This product eliminates that issue for me!

on 8/3/2012 1:25:00 PM

I have dry skin, so I'm not the target market for this product. Nevertheless, I like it for covering the t-zone, especially in hot weather. It leaves my t-zone as matte as matte can be.

Sometimes I apply with the recommended cotton ball; other times with a flat-top foundation brush. I do wish the opening was a bit smaller, to avoid the chance of spilling this very expensive potion.

on 11/6/2009 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone, oily skin. I'm extremely fair skinned (though I look a little orange in my photos lol). I bought this because Marilyn Monroe used this, and she always looked beautiful. It took a few days to get used to. I thought maybe the coverage was too light...but after looking at it for a while, I realized I was just used to unnecessarily heavy makeup. It covered most marks, though some needed concealer. It makes the black heads on my nose disappear. I mean it! My pores were just gone! Now it's a little easier for me to use, and I look so much better these days. I used to wear colorstay, which was always too dark and thick, but I thought I needed that opaque coverage. I wore colorstay once again this week....I wanted to cry. I looked awful! I must've looked like this for years! My face was orange and so thick and fake looking. Shake it really looks like nothing. I know a lot of people claim a certain foundation will look like your skin only better but I can tell you, I've tried them all and this is the only one that looks like real skin. It makes me look like I have baby skin, the kind I had before I hit puberty! Plus, I love that the color stays true, and it doesn't smudge around. I do get oily though after a few hours, but that happens even when I sleep lol. I use the duo phase loose powder over this to balance my skin out. It's perfect. If it weren't for Marilyn I'd never know about this!
You can touch your face with this, other people can touch your face with this. It's like nothing I've ever used! Also, it really has kept breakouts at bay. All foundations make me breakout, this clears them up! A+
EDIT: Found the best way to apply this for me is to put it on with a cotton round, wait to dry, then buff it in with my MAC 187. I imagine any brush like this would work. I like it much better than buffing with another cotton round. I still love this by the way, still no where near half way through my bottle! also, this works really well over ponds dry skin cream when I have dry patches from my differin.

on 9/12/2007 6:18:00 PM

HG foundation!! I hate the look and feel of liquid foundation and have used the EL Normalizer Shake-it on and off for years now. I have tried every high-end foundation including the popular mineral foundations and always come back to this. It provides very sheer coverage but diminishes the look of pores at the same time. I have to purchase 2 colors and then mix them to get that perfect shade, but it's worth it!!

on 5/31/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been going through a greasy, shiny skin thing & purchased the Shake it regular hoping to cut down the oil & mattify my skin. I think it actually made my skin MORE oily!!!! You can really smell the alcohol in it so maybe it's just too much & my skin is over-compensating for lack of oil & making me look like a grease slick. Yuck! I wont repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products