Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/6/2016 3:22:00 PM

A great product, but why a color change in the line? I have been using the palest shade of Shake It since 1966. It agrees with my combination sensitive fair skin in that with the Laszlo controlling face powder, it gives my skin a natural look and - very important - does not turn orange on me. Most foundations do. I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating this quality, but I've just learned that Lazlo has eliminated it's fairest shade, called Porcelain for quite some time but not always - from the Shake It line. A new shade, Neutral, appears to be intended as a replacement, but Neutral has yellow in it per the color swatch on the Laszlo website. Back in the day, this line was a source of a brilliant range of shades in its color products. In this age of diversity, Laszlo appears to be moving backward, with increasingly diminished colors and color products. (An oil-free foundation product introduced in the '90s, I think it was, that looked wonderful over Shake It for more coverage - I used the cool, pale shade, Vanilla (0) - was replaced with a more expensive and less effective product that is harder to apply and looks muddy on my fair skin. ( And please stop the Sea Mud Soap in its new box from flaking and splitting - two bars in a row
so far.) I'm worried that the stalwart products in the Laszlo program and the good changes added to it over the years are being dropped and/or neglected in favor of a way to make a fast buck, and that the line will die off as a result. A sad prospect to this long-time fan.

on 10/7/2011 9:27:00 PM

Age: 65
I've been using this product since my late 20s and it's the only form of makeup that doesn't make my face break out. It controls shine and doesn't run off your face in hot & humid Florida like so many products with water-attracting ingredients. Doesn't look like you have makeup on but evens out skin tone.

on 10/24/2009 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I agree with another reviewer here. College and Shake-It. There are all sorts of newer products on the market for acne control these days but this is still the best in terms of makeup. Yes, products have changed but acne remains the same and it still favorably responds to EL. I don't understand why it works so well because it is largely alcohol and that's supposed to be a no no but in 40 years I have tried all sorts of products and this still remains at the top of the list. Maybe it's the type of alcohol. When you buy it the SA will tell you to soak a cotton ball, apply to your skin in layers until you get the coverage you want, then buff. In the day when we were short of time but wanted heavier coverage for scarring, we just poured about 1/2 the clear liquid out then would shake it to mix the contents. Even though this made it thicker, it still provided the same sheer natural look. It's more expensive this way but truly this stuff lasts a long time even starting out with a little more than half a bottle. As others have said it gives your complexion the smoothest finest looking skin. Wonderful stuff!!

It's a watery typed foundation that sweeps on like a toner. It's lightly alchohol like but it does offer thin coverage. I like it, but I'm not sure if it does a whole lot for me in the coverage area. However, my skin did look brighter and more even. Perhaps it takes time to 'set', but it's definitely a unique product.
-Mine is in the colour 'neutral'.

on 9/25/2006 10:41:00 AM

I love shake-it. I use it as a make up base more than anything. Sometimes I use the Laszlo "mousse" foundation over it but I find I need very little of it. In the summer I can usually get by with just the shake-it. It really controls the oil without drying out my skin at all. I can't believe its been around for so long and I've just recently discovered it. I will definitely be keeping this in stock.

I LOVE this product! I love the light, sheer coverage and clean, fresh feel of it. It is not for everyone of course, if you have dry skin you need not waste your money on this. But if your skin ranges from the normal to oily side, you may want to give it a try. I read a silly review about this product by someone who claimed it was "orange", clearly she did not make an educated purchase with regard to color; this product has several color choices. (I sometimes blend two different shades together in summer for just a hint of tan.) Couple this with their amazing concealer and a very light cover of loose powder and I am set for the day!

on 4/2/2006 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

All I have to say.. Is THANK GOD FOR ERNO LASZLO.. I have loved every product I have ever used by him, and they are all amazing. Especially this one :p Great for oily skin!

I love this product, and have been using it for more than 20 years. It is a light textured makeup that looks very natural yet keeps my skin balanced and looking its best. It's a bit pricey, as are all of Laszo's line, and it's not for everyone (if you skin is tight or dry, this is not for you) but if you have normal to oily skin and want something to help keep you looking fresh and matte, give this a try. I can use this without powder, but those of you with oiler skin may want to use the Laszlo controlling powder on your T-zone. It is also wonderfully light but really helps to control shine.