Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/16/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow. If you are looking for a sheer to light coverage powder foundation, LOOK NO FURTHER!
I have been using this "foundation" for literally almost 25 years. No kidding. I use the Shade 0 color in the summer, and the Neutral color in the winter. They are both neutral warm tones. Neutral has a little more yellow undertones and is a little lighter than Shade 0. Granted, I have used this off and on over the years, but I ALWAYS come back to my Shake It because nothing else has the staying power, pore minimalizing power, and acne control power that this has. It will NEVER clog your pores or break you out. In the summer I use it as is, and in the winter I pour a little of the clear liquid (mostly alcohol) off the top and add pure witch hazel to it. The result: flawless skin ALL year!

on 11/6/2009 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone, oily skin. I'm extremely fair skinned (though I look a little orange in my photos lol). I bought this because Marilyn Monroe used this, and she always looked beautiful. It took a few days to get used to. I thought maybe the coverage was too light...but after looking at it for a while, I realized I was just used to unnecessarily heavy makeup. It covered most marks, though some needed concealer. It makes the black heads on my nose disappear. I mean it! My pores were just gone! Now it's a little easier for me to use, and I look so much better these days. I used to wear colorstay, which was always too dark and thick, but I thought I needed that opaque coverage. I wore colorstay once again this week....I wanted to cry. I looked awful! I must've looked like this for years! My face was orange and so thick and fake looking. Shake it really looks like nothing. I know a lot of people claim a certain foundation will look like your skin only better but I can tell you, I've tried them all and this is the only one that looks like real skin. It makes me look like I have baby skin, the kind I had before I hit puberty! Plus, I love that the color stays true, and it doesn't smudge around. I do get oily though after a few hours, but that happens even when I sleep lol. I use the duo phase loose powder over this to balance my skin out. It's perfect. If it weren't for Marilyn I'd never know about this!
You can touch your face with this, other people can touch your face with this. It's like nothing I've ever used! Also, it really has kept breakouts at bay. All foundations make me breakout, this clears them up! A+
EDIT: Found the best way to apply this for me is to put it on with a cotton round, wait to dry, then buff it in with my MAC 187. I imagine any brush like this would work. I like it much better than buffing with another cotton round. I still love this by the way, still no where near half way through my bottle! also, this works really well over ponds dry skin cream when I have dry patches from my differin.