Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/16/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow. If you are looking for a sheer to light coverage powder foundation, LOOK NO FURTHER!
I have been using this "foundation" for literally almost 25 years. No kidding. I use the Shade 0 color in the summer, and the Neutral color in the winter. They are both neutral warm tones. Neutral has a little more yellow undertones and is a little lighter than Shade 0. Granted, I have used this off and on over the years, but I ALWAYS come back to my Shake It because nothing else has the staying power, pore minimalizing power, and acne control power that this has. It will NEVER clog your pores or break you out. In the summer I use it as is, and in the winter I pour a little of the clear liquid (mostly alcohol) off the top and add pure witch hazel to it. The result: flawless skin ALL year!

on 10/15/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin, and for some reason, I have to change my foundation make-up formula regularly because it just stops looking good after a few months. I LOVE this product. In fact, I love all the EL products Ive tried (with expert advice). I use this after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing with EL antioxidant moisture complex. It's tricky to find the best way to apply it at first, but for me, I dab it on with a cotton ball (pressing into my skin) until I achieve a very matte finish and then I apply EL controlling powder in Dark very lightly to set. It lasts all day! I am African-American with fair skin ( I usually use cafe au lait or caramel shades) and although the Suntan is a tad bit light and not as yellow-toned as I usually go for, it works well set with the dark transluscent powder. It looks very natural, like my skin, if I don't overdo the application. If you have really oily skin, you know that foundations have a tendency to darken up throughout the day and look dirty. This product eliminates that issue for me!

on 11/19/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Erno Laszlo for the last 30 years. I get so many compliments on my now 50 year old skin. I've moved on to the Firmarine products, but still use Sea Mud Soap and Formula 3-9 is the best for sunburn. I just wish more places sold, but as a result, I have a great rapport with Anne, my sales rep at Saks.

on 6/28/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

i was in search for a product that could minimize my pores & this was suggested. when i tried it at the department store i thought that this product was amazing. When i came home and tried it again i noticed that it would minimize my pores for a few moments but not for a long time. I don't know of any other benefits this product might have since i just used it on my nose. I'll probably use it again and give it another try since its just sitting on my bathroom counter.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this. I use this after I moisturize my skin. First I wash my face, then I use toner, then I apply my daily spf15 moisturizer, then when my moisturizer is totally absorbed and my skin is dry I use a cotton ball and "dab" the Shake-It all over my face (avoiding the eye area). I let it dry, then I follow with a pressed powder (I use NARS pressed powder foundation). I love how the Shake-It makes my pores look almost invisible, and I love how it helps absorb oil all day long. It does have alcohol in it, so it would be much too drying for anyone with dry or sensitive skin. But for people with oily skin like me, it really works well. Also, I am PPP and I use the color "Neutral". I tried the color Porcelain, but it looked very pale and like white powder on my skin. I think porcelain would be only for the whitest of pale white skins. I called Erno Laszlo customer service and spoke with a product consultant and she told me that for MOST Caucasian women (about 80%) who are NOT tanned, the color NEUTRAL is a good match. She said that the color Neutral has no pink or yellow undertones, and so it blends well and adapts to both skin tones on women. So I ordered the Neutral, and she was right! The Neutral blends very nicely into my skin. Perfect! Hope that helps anyone out there who is trying to decide on a color selection. ___UPDATE___3-8-07__ Still loving this product. My 11 year old son has started using this now too. He dabs it on his acne breakouts after washing and drying his face, and the Shake-It has really helped clear up his skin. He only applies it to the areas of his skin that usually break-out (top of forehead/hairline, around nose, between eyebrows), and his skin looks clearer than it's been in over a year! Impressive. Plus the tint helps slightly conceal the breakouts while it dries them up and treats them. Now I had to order another bottle of Shake-It because my son swiped my first one and keeps it in his bathroom! LOL! He's pretty much taken over ownership of it! I don't blame him though, because it works really, really well. Good stuff! I will continue to purchase for both myself and my son. :)

on 4/2/2006 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

All I have to say.. Is THANK GOD FOR ERNO LASZLO.. I have loved every product I have ever used by him, and they are all amazing. Especially this one :p Great for oily skin!

Popular Face Skincare Products