Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 1/29/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Are you perplexed by my five-star rating and then see that I would not repurchase? Simple answer: Laszlo no longer makes this product. The company has been bought and high-jacked by some absolute fools in search of the "younger market"..I say HA to that. Dr.Laszlo was the first doctor company and its many long-time followers are legion, so much so that when you go to Nordstrom reviews you see review after review from people who have been using this for five decades or more and you will also see that their daughters and granddaughters have become devotees as well. Originally the only way you could purchase this line was at Saks Fifth Avenue, you had to book an appointment, have your skin clocked (meaning skin type designation). After the 30-40 minute consultation, the ONLY way you could purchase was by buying ALL the products (you then became a member of the Laszlo Institute) recommended and for good reason, these products work synergistically and yes they really do or I should say did. Now everything has been reformulated with a lot trendy, meaningless ingredients. I spoke with their global brand ambassador who did work at Saks for forty years selling this line. Sadly this pioneering brand has decided to knuckle under to all this pre-cleanse/double cleanse phrasing which is ridiculous as Laszlo was the man who invented oil for makeup removal and then the appropriate soap for your skin type, the most important step in this regime is filling the basin with water as hot as you can tolerate, dip the bar of soap in the water, slide the wet bar all over your face and neck, dip the soap in the water again and work up the lather so you have lots of suds, place soap back in the dish and then start the splashing technique. Forty splashes in the what is known as 'treatment water', pat dry. I guarantee you have never known what truly clean skin feels like, all the splashes force water to flush out the pores and hydrate the skin, after all, moisture is water hence hydration. Pat the skin dry and follow with the appropriate toner/astringent. I am 63 years old and have used this since I was in my late teens my skin is soft as a baby's bottom and well hydrated. If you use Shake-it, Light controlling Lotion and/or Regular Controlling Lotion, fret not as the Janet Sartin company can replace the aforementioned. Miss Sartin's products are milder but effective for me. Many people have said that the Laszlo Sea-Mud soap is not the same classic formula, I am guessing they are probably correct. I hope I have been of help and if anyone knows of a Sea-Mud soap stand-in please put a review in here

on 9/12/2007 6:18:00 PM

HG foundation!! I hate the look and feel of liquid foundation and have used the EL Normalizer Shake-it on and off for years now. I have tried every high-end foundation including the popular mineral foundations and always come back to this. It provides very sheer coverage but diminishes the look of pores at the same time. I have to purchase 2 colors and then mix them to get that perfect shade, but it's worth it!!

on 5/31/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been going through a greasy, shiny skin thing & purchased the Shake it regular hoping to cut down the oil & mattify my skin. I think it actually made my skin MORE oily!!!! You can really smell the alcohol in it so maybe it's just too much & my skin is over-compensating for lack of oil & making me look like a grease slick. Yuck! I wont repurchase.

on 9/25/2006 10:41:00 AM

I love shake-it. I use it as a make up base more than anything. Sometimes I use the Laszlo "mousse" foundation over it but I find I need very little of it. In the summer I can usually get by with just the shake-it. It really controls the oil without drying out my skin at all. I can't believe its been around for so long and I've just recently discovered it. I will definitely be keeping this in stock.

I LOVE this product! I love the light, sheer coverage and clean, fresh feel of it. It is not for everyone of course, if you have dry skin you need not waste your money on this. But if your skin ranges from the normal to oily side, you may want to give it a try. I read a silly review about this product by someone who claimed it was "orange", clearly she did not make an educated purchase with regard to color; this product has several color choices. (I sometimes blend two different shades together in summer for just a hint of tan.) Couple this with their amazing concealer and a very light cover of loose powder and I am set for the day!

I love this product, and have been using it for more than 20 years. It is a light textured makeup that looks very natural yet keeps my skin balanced and looking its best. It's a bit pricey, as are all of Laszo's line, and it's not for everyone (if you skin is tight or dry, this is not for you) but if you have normal to oily skin and want something to help keep you looking fresh and matte, give this a try. I can use this without powder, but those of you with oiler skin may want to use the Laszlo controlling powder on your T-zone. It is also wonderfully light but really helps to control shine.

on 12/17/2003 9:21:00 PM

I got this as part of the 12 o'clock ritual, which I love. I have tried almost every brand and this is without a doubt my HG. I will never switch!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products